3d Step By Step: Video 1-3 + Newest Ones~ Start Where You Need To!

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited May 2013 in New Users

If you are a brand new user of DAZ Studio 4.5, these videos may be helpful for you. The first ones assume you know absolutely nothing about using it, and take you step by step to more complicated rendering. Content installation issues are not covered in these 3 videos as there are already dedicated threads solely for that subject- these videos assume you are already "up and running." See the thread on that by Scott-Livingston- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19194/

The videos have NO NARRATION and the content is shown for an extended period. Pause at your leisure, the information will be right there! The mouse moves slowly so you can follow along. (Trust me, you'll be snoring by the time it reaches its destination. Have LOTS of caffeine nearby.)

Content is always reviewed by experienced forum members, moderators, and Community Volunteers. Thank you Szark on Video 3! Here is the content summary, jump in where you need to start.

NEW VIDEOS WILL HAVE LINKS IN THIS FIRST POST. MOST RECENT WILL BE ADDED AT THE BOTTOM SO THESE GO FROM EASIEST/BEGINNING TO END.(LAST) I will be renumbering Video 1, 2, 3 . I had several PMs asking if the videos existed for what happens before you start using the studio so I'll be re-arranging. For now, they're by release date.

CLICK THE VIDEO TITLES- ( 1, 2, 3, etc) THEY ARE YOUTUBE LINKS.
Enjoy :)
Cathie

Release Date: March 19, 2013
Video 1: Universal Tool-Moving Objects, Viewing Tools
1.The difference in tools which help you VIEW the object/figure and actually MOVE it.
Universal Tool, Universal Tool Cube (my name for it), Camera Vantage/Orbit blue cube, Dolly Zoom, Camera Pan, Camera Orbit/Rotate/Bank, and the Camera Pan tools.

2. How to know your item is selected in the viewport

Release Date: April 3, 2013
Video 2: Universal Tool Cube, Parameters Tab
1. Using the Universal Tool Cube to rotate your object / figure.
2. Moving your figure/objects using the Parameters tab
3. Two ways to change slider limits and set them back to default. Why you may want to change the slider limits.
4. How to undo your last action.

Release Date: May 14, 2013
Video 3: Creating Body Morphs
1. What is a morph?
2. Using the body morphs to create a figure which will be used in the tutorials (you can follow along and DO what we do.)
3. Learn the difference between Genesis and the generations.
4. A couple products which help you use other generations with Genesis.

Release Date: May 16
What's In A DIM? What CF Do I Need? Video
1. Knowing when you need to download the Companion File (Studio Or Poser) and what that tells you about the other DIM
2. What a DIM file contains and the files it replaces
3. Legacy files- what they are, who needs them
4. Can you use the DIM files without using the DIM installer?

Release Date: May 18th,- Reviewed By Scott-Livingston- Thanks!
Creating An Account / Signing In / Best Way To Search The Product Library
1. After you create an account, knowing when you are signed in / signed out
2. Using My Account to see orders and products
3. Tips for searching the Product Library quickly but with the best results

NEW
Release Date: May 23rd, LINK IS NOW ACTIVE! Thank you Scott-Livingston for reviewing content.

Buying / Finding / Using Pose Presets
1. What pose presets are, and why you might consider using them
2. What to look for when shopping for poses
3. Where to find the poses in the studio
4. Slideshow of poses- see what you can do!
5. How to determine which product provided the poses so you can find additional ones
6. Where to quickly locate the ReadMe and Product Pages from Smart Content section

Still coming- Installing DIM files manually (I don't use the install manager), finding ReadMes, finding content in DS.

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thank you for making and sharing these, Cathie! :)

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Well done. Thank you :-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

You're very welcome :) I know 95% of the forum users don't need these, they are for the ultimate beginner, but as they progress they will pull in more folks. I've got some great CV's and "Addicts" (LOVE that term- can't wait to be one, lol) reviewing for content. The DIM video is done (covers what DIM files have and Legacy files) and is under review. Will be released today.

Special thanks to the following people for answering questions about DIM files, Poser files, and all those other files (which got cut from the video because they are going to just DIM's (there went four day's of work.) These folks are credited at the end of the video for DIM And if you wonder why I nitpick when I ask questions, it's because the information may be used for videos.

So special thanks on the upcoming DIM video to:
    HeraldOfFire
    Kerya
    Jaderail
    Richard Haseltine
    Fixmypcmike
    Gedd
    Haruchai

Coming up: finish creating the custom character that will be used in all the tutorials (so everyone will have the exact same figure, same problems with smoothing / collision / pokethrough, etc) and adding clothes and hair. Then on from there.

edited May 2013

Release Date: May 16 - Thanks to Scott-Livingston for reviewing!

Video 4
    1. Knowing when you need to download the Companion File (Studio Or Poser) and what that tells you about the other DIM
    2. What a DIM file contains and the files it replaces
    3. Legacy files- what they are, who needs them
    4. Can you use the DIM files without using the DIM installer?

CLICK ON VIDEO 4- it's the link. If you don't know how to tell what type of file the DIM file is and when you need to grab the Companion File, and what the DIM file replaces / has- this is for you. :)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Now up! Click on "Creating an Acount (yada yada) as it's the link.
    Thanks Scott-L for reviewing it. He and Szark are my "go to's" for second set of eyeballs. (and third)

Creating An Account / Signing In / Best Way To Search The Product Library
    1. After you create an account, knowing when you are signed in / signed out
    2. Using My Account to see orders and products
    3. Tips for searching the Product Library quickly but with the best results

edited May 2013

Buying / Finding / Using Pose Presets
    1. What pose presets are, and why you might consider using them
    2. What to look for when shopping for poses
    3. Where to find the poses in the studio
    4. Slideshow of poses- see what you can do!
    5. How to determine which product provided the poses so you can find additional ones
    6. Where to quickly locate the ReadMe and Product Pages from Smart Content section

IS NOW ACTIVE
    Cathie

Post edited by Novica on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This is one of the best things about fourms, sharing and learning off each other no matter the individual level of knowledge we each have. You have taught me a few things so far, thank you Novica.

• MjvolMjvol Posts: 93

Thank you for the links and the vids, they had a nice presentation and reading was good to. May need to watch them over a few times but I did enjoyed them.
    All this info your providing can be overwelming , I just have to take it slow, little bits everyday. I am thankfull that we came across each other path. ​

Take care

Mjvol

So glad you decided to stick around and give it a shot! Any questions, feel free to ask. So many experienced users in the New Users forum. 

Cathie / Novica