Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I'll sure be glad when I, and others, stop getting logged out of the forums.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

And the autologout doesn't happen to everyone, all the time.

At first, I was getting logged out every few minutes. Then it stopped. Back for a few days, and gone again. :-/

When I get the forum autologout, it isn't synced with the store's/account's autologout.

And typically, the store gives me a lot more time, before logouts. (A whole bunch more time).

I don't see why the forum would need a logout timer, anyway. (Unless there are mischievous people in the house).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

The forum and the store are on the same timer. I don't know why it is the forum keeps logging people out though. I can see if your system was just sitting idol, but then your actively browsing and it does it just doesn't make any sense. Us mods are on the entire day. I get logged out probably 5 times a day. Sometimes while doing a reply.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

However it is not consistent, because I rarely, if ever, get logged out of the forum just lately. It seems to have stopped doing that for me.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    However it is not consistent, because I rarely, if ever, get logged out of the forum just lately. It seems to have stopped doing that for me.

Maybe it's the number of posts ... if you reach a certain number you no longer get logged out.
    *straightfaced*

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

LOL, Kerya!

edited December 1969

Hi Alisa!
    3 more posts and you get your second green box!
    Maybe it helps against being logged out?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

Maybe it's the number of posts ... if you reach a certain number you no longer get logged out.
    *straightfaced*

Unfortunately it is not that, because both Frank and Richard frequently get logged out. I am not certain why I should be favoured by staying logged in.

Maybe the forum software has a soft spot for Brycers :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

*straightfaced*

Unfortunately it is not that, because both Frank and Richard frequently get logged out. I am not certain why I should be favoured by staying logged in.

For Brycers with the highest postcount?

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

*straightfaced*

Or maybe the forum thinks Frank and Richard are working harder than you and need more breaks ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

*straightfaced*

Or maybe the forum thinks Frank and Richard are working harder than you and need more breaks ;)

Or it's a case of "Ladies first" ...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

No she just scares the forum with her club.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When will we actually see Chohole + Club again? Hope it is not DAZ s...

I have another problem with posting. I don't get actually loged out. I stay loged in but when I hit "Submit" I get the message that I need to log in and that I am not authorized to perform this action. Doesn't make sense - does it?

It just happened in another thread. Got the message and what not the quote went ahead but my reply was left behind with this cryptic message staring at me. How can I log in when I am already loged in? At least that is what I see on top. What about this "You are not authorized to perform this action? What action?

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    When will we actually see Chohole + Club again? Hope it is not DAZ s...

I have another problem with posting. I don't get actually loged out. I stay loged in but when I hit "Submit" I get the message that I need to log in and that I am not authorized to perform this action. Doesn't make sense - does it?

It just happened in another thread. Got the message and what not the quote went ahead but my reply was left behind with this cryptic message staring at me. How can I log in when I am already loged in? At least that is what I see on top. What about this "You are not authorized to perform this action? What action?

We are working on an issue where the forum logs you out before the store logs you out. This causes some strange affects when working between both the store and the forums. We are adjusting the time out for the forums to match the store time out. We hope this will solve the issue you are currently seeing.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    No she just scares the forum with her club.

:lol:

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

*straightfaced*

Or it's a case of "Ladies first" ...

A gentlemanly forum?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I have a silly question, heck it might even be a Stupid question. Will we ever get a Goto Page # box for the Forums or am I missing a feature we already have?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have a silly question, heck it might even be a Stupid question. Will we ever get a Goto Page # box for the Forums or am I missing a feature we already have?

Your'e not missing it, cause it is missing! would be nice to have it back ;)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Okay, I guess I could make a Thread title Database to use in the search feature for the main forums. Hunting page by page gets pretty old.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

Okay, I guess I could make a Thread title Database to use in the search feature for the main forums. Hunting page by page gets pretty old.

That sounds like a cool idea :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

That sounds like a cool idea :)
    I thought so, I have so many bookmarks now its hard to keep them all in order.

edited December 1969

Finally got thru changing my old forum links to forumarchive so they work now :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I want that for the itemized order history too.

edited June 2012

Jaderail said:

I want that for the itemized order history too.

Couple of things to do, while we're waiting for that:

After page 2, there's a page # at the end of the link for Itemized Order History, thusly:
    https://www.daz3d.com/shop/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?p=2

Edit that page number, manually, and viola!

And, so you know which page number, if you're resetting an item:

DAZ History Manager
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

It’s new, so it works on the new site.

Downloads and shows the basic info you need : Item, order number, and the page # in your Itemized History. It features sort-by-column and a search box.

A shortcoming with the current version:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2403/

And, for the bundles...
    Fun With Bundles Thread 2
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1779/

edited June 2012

Finally got thru changing my old forum links to forumarchive so they work now :)

Now that you no longer need it, there's this thing...

Hint: automatic redirect for old forum with firefox addon
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1589
    edited December 1969

A couple of other things that would help in my opinion. If the closed threads in a forum could be marked as read instead as showing NEW forever. And the Moved threads only showing new when they have new posts. Better yet would be if they only showed new posts in the forum they were moved to. All the NEW that are Closed and moved just bugs me.

edited June 2012

You know what grinds my gears?

The forum marks everything read.
    (Except announcements which show unread - they haven't changed since I read them).

(I never tell it to).

Edit: By the way: I see all the closed non-announcement threads, in Commons as read.
    I'd read all but one. So apparently neither bug is for everyone, (or I misunderstood).

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

6. Threads newly posted to will not pop back to the top of the list. All Threads remain stationary regardless of new posts to them.

I find this the most un-user friendly part of the fourms. I know you can choose to 'View New Posts' or today's active topics but this doesn't filter by forum, so is not user friendly etiher. I find I visit the forums less now because of it. I think the phpbb forum was much better and don't quite understand why that had to change as it's known reliable software which can easily be incorporated into sites..:down:

edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

Now that you no longer need it, there's this thing...

Hint: automatic redirect for old forum with firefox addon
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1589

Yh, cheers for that, but I'm a chrome user, unless its compatible? :)

edited June 2012

Hehheh, good point. :smirk: Probably not compatible at all.

(Yet the sales pitch continues...)

I don't tend to think of that... I have Firefox as default, and run IE at the same time, whenever it does something better.
    They play well together, so I'd hope Chrome does too.

Sounds like Chrome is getting people past some bugs I haven't hit yet. I'll probably be needing it soon.

The redirector is a big deal to me, because I'm still googling the archives for all sorts of topics.
    Copying dozens of possible hits, for search&replace; gets old fast.

I hope we see the day when we don't need workarounds...