Finding it nearly impossible to edit genesis 2 beyond paremeters

I have a celeb I'm recreating in Poser and he has an incredibly complicated face that I think, the only way that I can make it accurate is if I do something other than parameters.

I try something esay, like magnets thinking it will work, it doesn't. For instance I need to bring the chin forward some but it doesn't look the way I need it to with using just 'chin depth'.

So I set the magnet radius to as small as possible and try to pull the chin forward but it doesn't even touch the chin, it pulls the mouth forward instead.

Same with trying to push the under lip area in with a magnet, it doesn't do the right area.

I have made the magnet base smaller too and it doesn't help. Honestly can't figure out where I'm going wrong there.

I wanted to use sculptris, but sculptris keeps breaking the mesh somehow. The minute I touch the mesh with sculptris, it messes up something else. Like if I touch the chin to try to pull it forward with grab the corenrs of the mouth warp inwards, or the eye if I touch the bottom of the nose.

What I don't understand is why or how I can stop this. Because I can pretty much get it how I want it in sculptris but my problem is that it damages part of the mesh somehow and makes the face look messed up, or i wil randomly get the error 'incorrect number of vertexes' when I try to load the head as a morph target (how I usually do this)

I have made about 7 different edited objs to try to load from sculptris; half of them fail and dont load at all  the other half have messed up other pats of the face.

I have tried the morph tool, whatever the hell it's called, but because it's genesis I guess, I can't actually move anything because it's SO SLOW that I can barely move my mouse at all.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to make this work because I'm at the end of my rope here and I know I can fix it in Sculptris but it breaks every time I try.

And I even tried zbrush but honestly the interface just makes absolutely no sense to me. and when I linked zbrush to poser it for some reason broke all of my preferences on Poser (deleted everything but the main window; no paremeter dials, animation, etc)

Comments

• For dForms, was the figure in its zero pose/shape? The dForm field works on the base shape, so if you'd made the figure a touch taller than base having the field around the chin might well affect the mouth. You can also use weight-maps to control the dForm, which allows you to paint influence diectly on the emsh (and so doesn't care about pose or shape).

Sculptris can be used for morph creation, but you must not use its symmetry mode as that will break the vertex order. Blender may be a better choice.

• Turn SubSurface to OFF, that will speed things up.

It could also be Poser just running slow due to the Flash module for the Library. I'm trying to use the Morphing tool on G2F and it's running amazingly slow, and it didn't used to do that with A3, which had a higher-resolution face and head than G2F.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696

For dForms, was the figure in its zero pose/shape? The dForm field works on the base shape, so if you'd made the figure a touch taller than base having the field around the chin might well affect the mouth. You can also use weight-maps to control the dForm, which allows you to paint influence diectly on the emsh (and so doesn't care about pose or shape).

Sculptris can be used for morph creation, but you must not use its symmetry mode as that will break the vertex order. Blender may be a better choice.

I've just downloaded blender now to test it out, but before I go further, is the mechanics of how morpsh are exported and imported the same as sculptris? (as OBJs)

• iDiru said:

For dForms, was the figure in its zero pose/shape? The dForm field works on the base shape, so if you'd made the figure a touch taller than base having the field around the chin might well affect the mouth. You can also use weight-maps to control the dForm, which allows you to paint influence diectly on the emsh (and so doesn't care about pose or shape).

I've just downloaded blender now to test it out, but before I go further, is the mechanics of how morpsh are exported and imported the same as sculptris? (as OBJs)

Yes, just make sure you use the same preset in both directions. I think Blender does have preferences for its exporter, and you need to have Preserve Vertex Order selected for morph making, but I don't know where that is in the UI.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
    iDiru said:

Yes, just make sure you use the same preset in both directions. I think Blender does have preferences for its exporter, and you need to have Preserve Vertex Order selected for morph making, but I don't know where that is in the UI.

That may have been where I went wrong...Because I used the first export i had made before i tried to edit it 4000 times with sculptris, and it loaded and I got everything made and when I loaded it back into Poser,  it had totally wrecked the vertexes. It was like an eldritch abomination. I was thinking though that it had to have been that symertry was on but from what you said I thought you could use symetry in blender.