Meistro for DAZHairCap

wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

my second free hair MEISTRO for the DAZHairCap is up at the Cafe Freepository:
http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/?cid=25&show=211#cid=25,tid=211

This is a mature male style with a custom shader (saved internally). It is ready to apply to the DAZHairCap that comes free with Carrara.

I'm trying to produce a new hair every few weeks as I figure out a larger "hair kit"system that will consist of universal hair shaders that can be applied to many different styles.... That's my goal anyway, a mix-n-match system that could rival anything done in Poser or Studio. I'm using the haircaps because everyone has them, and they are figure agnostic... and should be future-proof so long as someone is willing to create a "fit pose". In the meantime I offer my learning "prototypes" so please try them out and dissect them and give me feedback. I'd be very proud if anyone made use of them...

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I got really excited when I saw this thread!

Very nice hair, but I thought it was going to be what I have been looking for ever since this thread : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9130/ (which generated a huge silence!)

Would it be hijacking the thread to ask if you know where to get hair for a Maestro instead of Mr. Meistro there? I'm downloading Meistro momentarily and will let you know how it fits various cows %-P

Here's the Maestro I had in mind, just to complete the hijacking properly!

LeopoldStokoski.jpg
    198 x 194 - 9K
    edited May 2013

That would be wonderful, Holly! I wanted the classic "Le... Le... Leopold!" Hair from that Bugs Bunny Cartoon parody of Leopold Stokowski for a contest our local Classical Music Station had for their 60th Anniversary Logo - but never found one and somebody else won :(

Still, it would be nice for any number of ideas.

Back to your Miestro...

I got it, but ...

Ummmm...

Where exactly did we get those haircaps?

I recently got a new 'puter when my old one died, and they don't seem to be easily found. They may be in my back-ups someplace, but I'm not sure where to look, and those drives are terrabytes big and full.

Guess I'll try the search feature, but if they're in an installer - they may not turn up without knowing the name of it. Nothing turned up in a "filter" of my products in my account here. but this site and working search features have a ... History!

Anyone know where I should look?

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Ummmm...

I recently got a new 'puter when my old one died, and they don't seem to be easily found. They may be in my back-ups someplace, but I'm not sure where to look, and those drives are terrabytes big and full.

Guess I'll try the search feature, but if they're in an installer - they may not turn up without knowing the name of it. Nothing turned up in a "filter" of my products in my account here. but this site and working search features have a ... History!

I have a separate entry in my Product Library for the haircaps. The file is 8443_1_ca_CarraraHairCaps_1.exe

edited May 2013

Eximorph said:

Ummmm...

I have a separate entry in my Product Library for the haircaps. The file is 8443_1_ca_CarraraHairCaps_1.exe

Not only does this site and working search features have a ... History, they have a Present!

I searched for HairCap, Hair Cap, and even Hair... but nothing turned up.

Forgot to just search Carrara. Surprisingly, even 8443_1_ca_CarraraHairCaps_1.exe turned up a blank.

I had forgotten they were Carrara Specific, or I would have done what worked earlier - just search for Carrara! It was in the list of results for that one.

Mooch-Ass Grassy-Ass!

That was a big help.

Now let's see which cows those haircaps fit best...

Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited December 1969

I'm using the haircaps because everyone has them, and they are figure agnostic... and should be future-proof so long as someone is willing to create a "fit pose".

It's not too difficult to fit the haircap to Genesis with the DS Transfer tool. Remember to transfer to the V4 clone shape.
    It works well on the human shapes I tried, but has some poke through on the more extreme head shapes like Gorilla.
    Here's a screenshot with V5.

DAZHairCap.jpg
    1409 x 973 - 177K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Couldn't you just edit the mesh in the assembly room to get it to fit the more extreme shapes?

@Holly, nice hair! I'll have to DL those when I get the chance. How's the tentacle working for you?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

thanks Holly!
    I will have some time next week to grab and use.
    It's very kind of you to share

cheers!

edited December 1969

Couldn't you just edit the mesh in the assembly room to get it to fit the more extreme shapes?

I've never been able to get that to work with Triax figures. I didn't worry about poke-through because I figured the HairCap would be invisible most of the time. I can edit the original version, but then I don't have auto-generated morphs.
    Unfortunately, it looks like the polygon order changed somewhere in DS and the dynamic hair doesn't work with the converted HairCap.

Holly,
    Thanks for the hair.

edited December 1969

Eximorph said:

I've never been able to get that to work with Triax figures. I didn't worry about poke-through because I figured the HairCap would be invisible most of the time. I can edit the original version, but then I don't have auto-generated morphs.
    Unfortunately, it looks like the polygon order changed somewhere in DS and the dynamic hair doesn't work with the converted HairCap.

Holly,
    Thanks for the hair.

You can't have the figure in a standard T-pose, position the cap, then switch to edit the haircap model in the Assembly room and adjust it's shape to fit the head of the model, then get out of edit mode and drag the hair-cap into the figure's hierarchy and drop it under head, or whatever it's called? It wouldn't be conformed to the genesis figure, but parented to it like a simple prop.

I don't have the beta and don't use genesis so my question isn't meant to be facetious or anything. It seems really strange that would somehow be broken or disabled with genesis.

edited December 1969

Eximorph said:

Holly,
    Thanks for the hair.

You can't have the figure in a standard T-pose, position the cap, then switch to edit the haircap model in the Assembly room and adjust it's shape to fit the head of the model, then get out of edit mode and drag the hair-cap into the figure's hierarchy and drop it under head, or whatever it's called? It wouldn't be conformed to the genesis figure, but parented to it like a simple prop.

I don't have the beta and don't use genesis so my question isn't meant to be facetious or anything. It seems really strange that would somehow be broken or disabled with genesis.

I can still edit a normal model in the Assembly room like previous versions. I just checked with the .obj I exported previously. The problem is with Triax rigged figures, like clothing or even Genesis itself. I think DAZ disabled that functionality. What I did was convert the haircap to a conforming figure. I think that's the only way to get all those nice auto-generated morphs. Of course, DS changed the vertex order which breaks the dynamic hair, and defeats the whole purpose of the haircap.

edited December 1969

Bummer. I'd love to move up to C8 or C8.5. Genesis, not so much.