It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,357
    edited December 1969

So sorry to hear that. Glad your still going good.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No worries. I don't hide my problems Frank. I talk about them openly and freely. I'm happy to still be alive and have all my Daz and other friends to yak with. You know My post count. It's that high because I'm a 100% disabled 50 year old Dialysis patent who also suffers from crippling Arthritis. I do 3D because I can no longer hold a pencil, pen, or paint brush. I'm a 90% shut-in who has a full time caretaker living in the house with me. I need help doing most things like getting in and out of a tub, getting my groceries into and out of the car, and sometimes just getting back up off the floor. I walk with a cane so I don't hit the floor more often, I have days when I never get out of bed except to go to the bathroom. But all that said, I'm pretty healthy for a person with my problems, I love my life a lot, I do get depressed from time to time, but mostly I love DAZ, 3D art and all the people I have met on the forums. This is my second home.

See I'm not shy. And All I want is to have a good time just like everybody else.

edited December 1969

Good for you. I feel much better about myself and my issues. I was disabled from a car accident with a back injury. After a couple of surgeries I'm able to walk without loosing feeling in my legs but sill disabled since I can't bend and need to be able to get up whenever i have to otherwise I'm in severe pain and legs start going numb. I live most my days creating content and mod'ing now while in a lot of pain. I'm just thankful everyday that I'm alive.

edited December 1969

The sad part about it is I'm only 36 years old.

edited June 2012

Ahhh... the I can not stay in one position for to long problem. I know that one well. I'm sorry to hear it was a car accident and not nature but I'm happy you are getting around and healthy. We disabled folks understand thing's that others dont. Like it could always be worse.

Edit: The 36 years old part is sad. Sorry to hear that. Well, I'll hope you happy and well for years to come just as I'm sure you will me.

P.S. My friends know my name is really Jeff. Be well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I wish you all the best and a long healthy life. I'm going to see the surgeon at the end of next month so we'll see if they can do anything else.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Frank, I was 39 when my neuropathy was finally diagnosed, after it got bad enough to be disabling. Now I'm 51 and still alive and kicking. Well, not so much kicking, but I can still chase after my daughter most of the time.

You get a different view of being disabled when you find people online -- naturally, a lot of disabled people do a lot of their interacting online. You don't feel as alone, and you don't feel like none of the people you talk to understand what it's like.

With luck, we'll all be around to be wise old men, telling the yung'uns what it was like having to type on the computer. And grumpy old men, too, on occasion.

edited December 1969

Aman!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well I have posted this image before, but it fits in here as well. My Brother is registered disabled, had both hips replaced, and they dammaged his cruciate ligament when he had the 2nd one done. A life long biker, he refuses to give up. THis is his normal "invalid carriage" with aoutomatic gears and hand controls.

dave_trike_again.jpg
    600 x 450 - 198K
    edited June 2012

Not much chasing going on on my end, but I can spend quality time with them in other ways. Its just to bad that they are at an age when they don't want to spend much time with mom and dad. We do go to the park and walk around. I'm limited on the amount of time I can do it but we do it none the less. We also enjoy going fishing. I just feel bad for the kids since they didn't get much time of running around with dad. My oldest was only 6 and the youngest was 3 when i was in the accident. They are now 14 and 11. A good portion of their life was spent with me not being able to do much of anything. They watched me crying every time a was on my feet for more than a few minutes. So our relationships aren't that strong. Now that I'm able to do some things I'm trying to make up for lost time. Just not sure if its enough. I don't feel I can every make up that bonding time, but I'm sure trying. My oldest suffers from PTSD because of seeing me rolled off on a stretcher. I'm trying my best to help him through it as I also suffer it from when I was kid and now from the accident. I'm trying my best and that's all I can do. Like I said I'm just glad to be here and having a building relationship with everybody.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Chohole tell your brother I'll happily go for a ride on the trike with him. I so want one of my own. One of them Honda trikes.

Frank I want to go fishing, my folks will not take me anymore. They are so afarid I will fall in. And all the good spots close to home are long walks. I don't do to good at long walks anymore. They left me behind about six times I know of this year. Let us know when you go into the hospital. I would like to pray. I've added you to the prayer circle already. Be happy and well.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I hope you're all doing well despite your medical issues. Me, I'm just tired and going to bed.

I will wish you well. But I don't pray.

I prey!

edited June 2012

I hope you're all doing well despite your medical issues. Me, I'm just tired and going to bed.

I will wish you well. But I don't pray.

I prey!

I done said I had dialysis brain today. It took me ten minutes to think of Velveeta cheese just in the last hour.

I was trying to talk about a cheese dip, I could not think of the name of the cheese.

I'm going to just go do something. Maybe I will not feel like I'm all by myself anymore.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

New day, but lots of fatigue. I'm so darn tired it's hard to get motivated today. I have some fun things to do but I just can not work up the will to bother. Maybe another cup of coffee and waiting for the meds to kick in would help. Anybody doing anything today?

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

In my experience coffee solves everything. Hope you get your mojo back.

Me? I'm working on an idea, but it's slow, and I'm busy playing World of Warcraft, Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2! Hmmmm, funfun.

edited December 1969

Two cups of coffee two med's and two hours later I'm in good shape. I've run the forums clean of topics to post in and I'm almost ready to go render for a little bit. I wish I had a fun game to play like you but all my stuff is old and I'm still waiting for my yearly check. I plan some fun when it comes. Content for Daz, Games for PS3 and Xbox 360, new software to play with. Oh those will be the days.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well I have posted this image before, but it fits in here as well. My Brother is registered disabled, had both hips replaced, and they dammaged his cruciate ligament when he had the 2nd one done. A life long biker, he refuses to give up. THis is his normal "invalid carriage" with aoutomatic gears and hand controls.

I am a biker, disabled after being hit by a car. Now I look at my Harley but don't have the balance... what did building the trike cost your brother?

edited June 2012

He actually bought the trike already converted, but it has been an ongoing build job since then, engine change, custom exhaust system, that took two attempts as when it was first installed he ended up with heat shredded trousers, He has played with the lighting system, added some LED lights across the back to define the width, as some stupid person did once hit him on the rear offside, saying he hadn't realised that it was a trike. I am not sure of what the cost to dat has been, because he is always changing things.

BTW his MC is fully backpatched. They are Renegades. http://www.renegademc.com/index2.html

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Got some sleep, had some coffee, took my meds and I'm off on a forums hunt. Who's doing what today? I'm going to post some then render some and probably post somemore. Clinic was smooth today, I feel pretty darn good. No problems yet and we are pushing 3+ hours out of the chair. I may have dialysis Brain so over look typo's. :-P

edited December 1969

I'm not feeling to well today, but I'm reading the forums, posting, and doing promo renders.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm not feeling to well today, but I'm reading the forums, posting, and doing promo renders.

Feel better Frank, I have a high pressure cell sitting on top of me so Arthur is talking but the med's have helped. Promo Images, what new fangle thing you got coming out. When will we see the promos?
    edited December 1969

I won't be able to show any promos since I'm probably selling it to DAZ as a DAZ Original.

edited December 1969

It is pretty cool.

edited December 1969

I have Dialysis Brain. I ment when will it go in the Comercial thread as an upcoming Item? Then we could see the Promo's couldn't we?

edited December 1969

If DAZ decides to buy it then it won't be in the commercial forum being advertised. Sadly you'll only know when it's released. The only one's that have seen it is my beta team and the mods since they are sworn to secrecy.

edited December 1969

Okay just one little hint then. Genesis or Gen4. I dont really care I use both. Naw, let it ride. I can jones for awhile, it might do me good to have at least one item to know is coming and be really surprised by.

edited December 1969

Neither. It's a prop pack. One that you can build your own scene.

edited December 1969

YES!!! I need prop packs. Shut your yap and render Frank. Umm... I mean please get it to the powers that be as soon as possible. ;-P

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Sounds good and I'm sure I need it.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Sounds good and I'm sure I need it.
    Hi Anne!! How you doing today? I saw your new render post. I think it is very cute.
This discussion has been closed.