Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• Llynara said:

"Like a Ninja, Baby!"

Really like what you did with Sakura! I'm slightly obsessed with her (don't know why...Anime was never my thing) and your render of her is awesome.

The hair was something I wishlisted and it definitely compliments her but it's disappointing that it was so challenging to pose. 

Trish

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2018

@stormlyght. Thanks! I love your precious avatar too. Yeah, I'm not into toons or anime either but DAZ got me on them big time. I love Toon Generations 2 , Aiko and Sakura. So much fun! I have quite a few of 3DUniverse's stuff and really need to render them more often! My kids enjoy them too. 

dForce TIP: If you have trouble with some of the newer dForce outfits slipping weirdly on the character and not following them in animation drapes, make sure you have the latest version of DAZ studio.

I was struggling with this gorgeous FREE dForce dress from 3dkRender.com. It was not following the character right. I had a couple of other dforce items doing that too and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Turned out, I missed a DAZ update and didn't realize it. I was on 4.10.0.107 and the latest is .123. It does make a difference- they must've fixed some dForce things. This dress works beautifully in the latest version and is adorable! You can find it here: https://www.3dkrender.com/freebies/dressmolt (there are G3 and G8 versions, both are free right now.)

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    Llynara said:

A fun one I did

Very cool image!

edited January 2018

Thanks, FirstBastion! dForce is turning out to be a blast. 

Hell Horse Rider

Something totally different today. This is Summoner's Hell Horse, which is free at FantasiesRealm. He's got a number of gorgeous models free there, plus on his own site, Freedom of Art. They are for Poser but convert very well to DAZ Iray with a little tweaking. DarwinsMishap's Damen for G3M makes a perfect rider for him (though Jeroyn would work well too.) Damen is wearing Mada's Death Knight Armor

Hell-Horse-Rider.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 750K
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

That's gorgeous!

(*pounces on horse*)

• Oh, that's nice. I love the color choices and all of the reflections in the metal. Very cool!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh I really like that hell horse!  I think I may have that.... Now I'm going to have to try and dig him out of my library lol.  Super cute render with the dress, glad I grabbed it, its lovely!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Llynara said:

Thanks, FirstBastion! dForce is turning out to be a blast. 

Hell Horse Rider

Something totally different today. This is Summoner's Hell Horse, which is free at FantasiesRealm. He's got a number of gorgeous models free there, plus on his own site, Freedom of Art. They are for Poser but convert very well to DAZ Iray with a little tweaking. DarwinsMishap's Damen for G3M makes a perfect rider for him (though Jeroyn would work well too.) Damen is wearing Mada's Death Knight Armor

Well done!  The lighting and background are seamless.  Beautiful postwork and love your signature.  This is fun!

Your work has come far and is now professional.  I'm really impressed.

I noticed that you are not adding these to your Daz gallery.  I'm assuming that's because they are being showcased on your website?

Llynara said:

Thank you all! I'm still sick, but we're slowly getting better. It's cold here, but I'm sitting inside my big, warm, beautiful farmhouse, enjoying the snow. And inside, there are some nice sights to see too. Just did this promo for FWSA Bastian, available at Rendo. (click for more hunkiness.)

Great promo!  It really showcases the character with wonderful lighting, costuming and attitude pose.

Llynara said:

A fun one I did using Aave's free dForce scene for the Boho dress. I put a static modifier on the log so it would drape over that too (though it may do that by default anyhow.) This is Brenda for G3 by Valkyrie, available at Rendo. The set is a mixture of Terradome 3 and Parales Beach by ShaaraMuse3d (Rendo.)

Now this is one of those portraits that would get lots of likes if you put it in the Daz Gallery!

Love the filter and the romantic effect it gives.  Dang, I really gotta start playing around with dForce...

I also love this scene as well.  Where do find Aave's freebie?

Thanks, dracorn! My entire family was sick for the past few weeks so I am behind on updating galleries. WAY behind. I did a lot of promos while I was sick as a distraction, so now I need to get them up everywhere.

I was also discouraged when my Purple Arlehiya image was removed from the DAZ gallery for being too racy, even though it wasn't, and showcased an item in the DAZ store that had much racier promo images. I started a ticket and they agreed it was removed by mistake. I need to re-upload that one soon. It had quite a few likes on it when it got taken down. In the meantime, you can see that one here.

And dForce is great when it works! I just updated to the latest DAZ and that's helped a lot. I'm going to try experimenting more. Maybe I'll blow up less stuff. Anything designed for dForce usually works beautifully and is not a problem. Older stuff is hit or miss. Here's the link to Aave's free dForce scene for the Boho Dress: http://www.sharecg.com/v/89681/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/dForce_Boho-for-Genesis-3-Female Check out her other freebies too, she has a couple of other dForce scenes and a morphing scarf. Very nice!

Thanks Llyna. I really meant those comments and will happily add likes/comments to your gallery when you upload them. Just let me know.

Thank you so much. dracorn! Very much appreciated! So many times we create in a vacuum and have no idea how our art looks to others. Same with writing! 

Playing with fiery people again today. This is Maddelirium's Fire Elemental, done in Poser. I wanted to see if I could get close to a DAZ render and then use the same postwork style. There are many things I love in Poser that don't always convert as nice as I'd like. I tend to play a lot with older figures designed for it, and I'm doing more promos for Poser items, so I'm learning it. Slowly and painfully! It takes me about 10 times longer to do anything in there, but I'm starting to get some decent results. Yay! 

MDD-Fire.jpg
    1085 x 821 - 295K

Bigger version, slightly different postwork (more on the Hell Horse side of things.) Just having fun when I should be working! 

MDD-Fire-big.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 610K
  • Those are nice. Those colors are so rich. Great job. :)

This is another great render!  Poser, eh?  Way cool.

I think the best option would be a middle ground between the two.  The second one has more depth, but the first one has a cool bloom effect around her skin, and more translucency in the edges of her hair.  The bloom, especially around her arms and hands, gives the impression of magic and/or heat.

edited January 2018

Thanks, ladies! 

Dracorn- some of that bloom on the first render is just painting in Photoshop behind the character in a light yellow and then setting to Soft Light blend mode. I rendered her without a background and used Ron's Steam with a color adjustment layer. I thought I oversaturated the first one, so I tried it again. Funny that nearly the same postwork on the same image gives such different results! 

ETA- The next book after Kat & Mouse in the Black Kat series is "Playing with Fire." It's about the fire shifters. They won't have skin like this, but it's fun to play anyhow,.especially when it's so darned cold here! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That looks awesome Llynara!  Ugh I need three of me to learn everything I want to learn!

edited January 2018

Thanks, IceDragon! So do I! There aren't enough hours in the day, nor brain cells. Ugh.

Here's MDD's Water Element in Poser and Terradome 2. I like the effects but lost some of the detail on her skin. I think the lighting in the initial render wasn't strong enough (was using an IBL and adjusted rim lights) and so the details were lost as I made corrections and adjustments in postwork. Learning!

MDD-Water2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited January 2018

On a positive note- notice the body lines of both V4s in these renders, especially the shoulders. I'm using Corvas's SImple Fixes for V4, that addresses the shoulder issue, as well as Xameva's Perfect V4 that has a number of bend fixes for the entire body. They make a HUGE difference in how natural V4 moves. Her bends look more like a G3. The fixes are worth it if you use her a lot.I caught them on sale at Rendo and used gift certificates I earned with points.The products are made for DAZ and Poser. They look great in both programs.

NOTE: MDD Fire and Water have the same body and face morphs because they are 1 character with two skins.

Promo for JeffersonAF's "The Creek" for DAZ Iray and Poser. This set is easy and fun to use and renders very well in Iray. We'll see if DarwinsMishap's Giuseppe can get DivaMakeup's Lori into the water by serenading her. She looks like she may be considering it... (Click and zoom in for lots more detail.)

"Serenade"

The-Creek-Llynara.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 769K
    edited January 2018

Dang, I keep forgetting to post stuff. This one is for Divamakeup's Lori. Apparently Lori liked Giuseppe enough to knight him!

"Knighted"

Llynara said:

Thanks, IceDragon! So do I! There aren't enough hours in the day, nor brain cells. Ugh.

Here's MDD's Water Element in Poser and Terradome 2. I like the effects but lost some of the detail on her skin. I think the lighting in the initial render wasn't strong enough (was using an IBL and adjusted rim lights) and so the details were lost as I made corrections and adjustments in postwork. Learning!

Now this is an interesting character; cool pose too.  Even more interesting is that you put a water character in the desert - nice juxtaposition.  I'm curious how she looks in Daz Studio with Iray - not that I'm suggesting that you go through extra work.  I'm trying to compare... is it Firefly? ... to Iray.  I think Iray has more depth.

What set is that necklace from?  I always keep an eye out for cool jewelry.

Llynara said:

Dang, I keep forgetting to post stuff. This one is for Divamakeup's Lori. Apparently Lori liked Giuseppe enough to knight him!

"Knighted"

I know this painting!  Great rendition of it.  And I love the lighting here.  I'm a sucker for dramatic lighting - the way the foreground is full of vibrant color contrasts with the dark scene in the background - with no grain (assuming this is Iray unless you specify Poser).  It really gives the feel of classical art.

Well done.

Thanks, dracorn! The (slight) story I had here is that she's waiting for rain. Something happened and she's gazing towards the heavens, questioning why, and if it will ever come again. Perhaps her Fire sister did something and took all the water.

This necklace and dress are from Skadi for V4. I actually draped the front flap in the cloth room so it wasn't poking through the ground and looked more natural. It was surprisingly easy, but then the front overlay didn't look right so I ended up turning that off (in Poser you turn up transparency instead of cutout opacity.) 

By the way, MDD Water looks great in Iray. In fact, she's even more vibrant. I think the lighting here washes her out a bit. I've converted her before on this thread. Let me dig up the pics. I was curious to see what she looked like in Firefly. Haven't tried Superfly yet. The EZSkin converter is pretty good. Maybe I'll try that next. 

edited January 2018

Here's MDD Water in Iray. Just load her on V4 with all of the options you want, then use NGS Anagenessis 2 on her. The Genesis script works perfectly on Generation 4, and looks very good on MDD's characters. I have this somwhere already on this thread, but couldn't find it. LOL. 

Anyhow these are with no postwork. Lighting it Sveva's Lumiere Pro for Iray. This is the MDD Water skin on the base G3 using Cayman's UV product. I dialed in the G3 elf ears for her: 

Closeup: 

MDD Water Iray closeup.jpg
    960 x 899 - 62K
    MDD Water.jpg
    960 x 899 - 36K

Aha, I found it on page 18: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2293466/#Comment_2293466

Here she is as V4 in Iray with Anagenessis and her own morphs. (No post, just a test render.) Very stunning character! MDD's elementals are some of my favorite characters. The skins and details are just incredible. I think I'll do Earth and Air next for fun.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

That was a great promo image for Diva's character. :) Great work! I need more of me too to learn all this stuff. lol

edited January 2018
    dracorn said:
    Llynara said:

"Knighted"

I know this painting!  Great rendition of it.  And I love the lighting here.  I'm a sucker for dramatic lighting - the way the foreground is full of vibrant color contrasts with the dark scene in the background - with no grain (assuming this is Iray unless you specify Poser).  It really gives the feel of classical art.

Well done.

I think we posted at the same time, LOL. Thanks Dracorn and Liana. The original painting that inspired this render is "The Accolade" by Edmund Blair-Leighton. I LOVE his style of painting (some call it Pre-Raphaelite, others call it Victorian Romantic.) Something about the light is just...magical. I didn't quite get it right in my image. I want to learn more about how to do that in 3D.

Here's the original, painted in 1901, along with another in that series. Can you imagine the skill needed to do this over a hundred years ago? It takes my breath away. You can find more of his work here.

Note: I tried to find a better quality image online, but most have borders. The full reprints are gorgeous. 

ETA: Found a better version here.

By the way, my mother had a picture of The Accolade hanging in her home for years (she writes historical romance.) I loved this painting the first time I saw it. 

The+Accolade+(right,+1901)+and+Godspeed+(1900,+below)+by+Edmund+Blair+Leighton.jpg
    960 x 720 - 139K