How to open doors

Hi, First, I am new to Hexagon and can't seem to find very many tutorials out there. Or at least none that helps me with this problem.

Here is what I have, I made a Saloon in Hexagon. And of course a saloon has to have the swinging doors. I got the saloon done then added  2 new cubes for the doors, I got the doors in place and got them to rotate open and closed but when I group everything together to export to Daz, I can no longer swing the doors.

Is there a way to attach the doors to the building so they stay with the building where ever I move the building to and still be able to swing the doors open and closed ?

Thanks for your help !!

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Sickleyield has a tutorial. You have to make the doors a separate group before you can follow the tutorial, though Rigging A Door In Daz Studio.

• Wow, Looks like a lot of work, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your help !

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

The easiest thing to do if you want to isolate moving parts in Hexagon is to assign them to a surface group. Then when you export the final project as an .obj file, you can find those parts when it comes time to rig them. The tricky part is rigging the things to move in Daz Studio, which requires adding bones and setting up rotations, etc. Rigid parts are fairly easy, because you don't need to mess much with weight mapping.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2018

Great tutorial Sickleyield :)

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on