Daz Studio 4.10 goes Not responding after starting

I have Daz Studio 4.10 and after I start it before it seems to finish loading up the program hangs. If you click in the window it says not responding. I am on Windows 10 latest patch. I have the latest release version of Studio 4.10, my nvidia driver is the latest, I did try it with the older driver first (and it worked with it the other day).. I uninstalled daz studio from the DIM and reinstalled it. There is plenty of room, my Antivirus is turned off.  In the AppData/Roaming/DAZ3D/Studio4/log.txt I see the following, Also I have th DBLOG.txt below that. 

Log.txt 

2018-01-01 01:28:41.536 Error writing author data!

2018-01-01 01:28:41.544 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(403): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unkown error -2

018-01-01 01:28:41.930 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray WARNING - module:category(MDLC:COMPILER):   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\daz_3d\irayubermaterial.mdl(422,20): conversion from 'float' to 'color' must be explicit       ***A few of these are in the log back to back****

2018-01-01 01:28:41.990 WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed

2018-01-01 01:28:42.213 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Adds vertices that collide at the beginning of the simulation to the selected mesh vertices, dForce

2018-01-01 01:28:43.293 WARNING: QFile::flush: No file engine. Is IODevice open?
2018-01-01 01:28:43.311 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile *** there are a lot of these back to back in the log***

2018-01-01 01:28:43.412 WARNING: QLayout: Cannot add null widget to QGridLayout/

In the DBlog.txt I see this:

LOG:  database system was interrupted; last known up at 2017-12-31 17:58:17 EST

LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress

LOG:  redo starts at 0/4AB1C188

LOG:  record with zero length at 0/4AB1D1B0

LOG:  redo done at 0/4AB1D180

LOG:  last completed transaction was at log time 2017-12-31 19:48:46.532-05

LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections

LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

FATAL:  role "Nicholas" does not exist

LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

FATAL:  role "postgres" does not exist

FATAL:  role "Nicholas" does not exist

It almost seems like a DB issue but I am not sure. Any questions please let me know. This seemed to happen after I was installing something with DIM.

Comments

• Have you run DS (or DIM or Carrara) as administrator? That is, explicitly selected Run as Administrator - not just run from an administrator account. If so there may now be permission issues with the folders, especially the ContentCluster folder used for the database.

• I have used "Run as Administrator" to only get the same results. My user is an administrator account and I did install it using my current account.

• The funny thing is the public beta seems to work. 

• I have used "Run as Administrator" to only get the same results. My user is an administrator account and I did install it using my current account.

I said doing that could cause issues after doing that, meaning don't do it. Though prsumably if you hadn't before it isn't the root of the issue, though it may now compound it.

The funny thing is the public beta seems to work. 

Well, if the beta is working that sounds as if something is blocking the release build - it isn't an issue with PostgreSQL itself as both versions of DS use the same installation and database. What security software are you using?

• Windows Defender but I do have it turned off.

• Check in the Control Panel for Windows Defender Firewall to see if the two versins of DS have different settings. Exactly which version is the non-beta - Help>About Daz Studio?

• it should be 4.10.0.123 I actually cannot use the help menu as DAZ locks up completely before I can do anything. OR more it doesnt finish loading, looks like its loading the viewport then it all freezes. When you click in the window it says not responding after that, no matter how long I leave it.

• Sorry, that was on AutoPilot. How about the settings for the firewall?

• Sorry for the silence over the last week, or so. I actually fixed my problem a day or two after my last post I just have been busy elsewhere. I tried the following:

I deleted Daz studio deleted the old install directory then reinstalled it, no effect

I did the same with postgres, no effect.

I it agian with both at the same time, no effect.

After  A LOT of digging through I found that daz when it was loading up was interacting with Bonjour (a very old version), and Sonic Sudio( a sound control program that came with my motherboard). After uninstalling them Daz started up. I think the problem might have been with the older versions of them, but I am not sure though just know it was interacting with their processes and hanging up. But my problem is solved, for now.

• Glad you were able to sort it out.

• wfwf Posts: 19

2080 ti with latest windows and latest nvidia drivers, not responding and white viewport. log.txt:

2019-07-06 22:39:57.960 Creating Pane Manager...
    2019-07-06 22:39:58.242 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for AuxViewportView.
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.434 Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.434 DAZ Studio Started
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.435 Creating Pixel Buffer
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.482 Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.484 Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    2019-07-06 22:39:59.499 Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Shader Program successfully linked.

• wfwf Posts: 19

Some info about the bug, it's always happening when it's opening on my second monitor by default. I could'nt tweak it by changing the registry values either (they were negative).

After a complete uninstall by deleting %appdata% profile and registry settings it's working again. 

This happened for me atleast 4 times - I will not put it on my secondary monitor for sure.