fast Superfly settings for animation

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
edited January 2018 in Poser Discussion

I am new to Superfly having just bought Poser 11.1 pro.

I could in previous versions do fairly fast renders using Firefly and low settings but do not seem to be able to so far in Superfly even with a 980ti graphics card and just a single figure.

While not slow it is not the 10 secs a frame I need for animations either.

I use Octane render in Carrara and of course iray in DAZ studio and can get very fast render settings in both sacrificing some things including full PBR such as using Direct lighting and interactive mode while still retaining shadows etc

For animation full PBR is not quite as important and even full convergence not needed I limit itterations and simply blur out any fireflies or noise in postwork.

I am wondering how I can do this in Superfly? 

I cannot seem to find a setting for limitting samples, itterations or whatever it is called there and that is the main thing I need to do for fast renders.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• Are you familiar with Blender's Cycles renderer? Superfly is based on that. I haven't used it much as I've been getting more into DS because of Iray since it was introduced, so I can't offer any advice on settings, other than to maybe look at Blender settings and see which can be translated to Poser.

Rendering to disk might be your best option. I think you can use the Queue Manager for that so you can keep working while it whistles.

• th3Digit said:

I cannot seem to find a setting for limitting samples, itterations or whatever it is called there and that is the main thing I need to do for fast renders.

"Pixel Samples". It's literally the first option in the SuperFly settings dialog.