HELP-visual shaders not working right

so after moving over to a new pc and installing daz studio 4.10 i have loaded all my characters but upon adding the shaders i get weird bright colors that also shift hues as seen in the attached image......whats going on???

my OS is windows 10 professional 64 bit

Comments

• Do you have any lights in the scene? I don't have this product, but I have seen something similar when there are photometric lights in the scene and subsurface materials on a figure. Does it render properly?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Is that what it renders like? That looks like the preview, I can see the grid. I just ckecked and I don't see the intensity you're getting.

Attached: OpenGL_Preview, 3Delight and Iray with all shaders set to Visual Shaders

OpenGL.jpg
    600 x 600 - 126K
    3Delight.jpg
    600 x 600 - 126K
    iray.jpg
    600 x 600 - 125K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Actually, the more you mess with the colors the worse the preview. But it still renders OK. (The eyes need work)

OpenGL2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 148K
    3delight2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 116K
  • thanks for the comments guys,yes it does render fine and no there are no lgihts in the scene :U

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I'm having a similar issue.

It appears to be the "unusual" shaders, as any Iray shader that is not Iray Uber will prouce similar results.  I haven't tested enough of my 3DL shaders since i noticed the problem, but I have a feeling that there is a display issue with the "nonstandard" shaders for some reason.

I submitted a help ticket, but for some reason I can't access it, or I'd link it.  (I can e-mail about it, but clicking on the link in the e-mail sends me to a "whoops, this page doesn't exist" file and it's not showing up on my requests either.)   I suggest other people who see this document (screen shot) it and submit it too, with as many clear details about which shaders are being used.