eye texture question

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a character where the eyes are different colors.

How would I be able to change the iris of each eye? Or would I have to make the texture of the two different eyes on the same texture map?

Comments

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

The second one. The eyes, left and right are part of the same material group, so the color comes from the same texture map. You would have to splice in two different colors on one map to get different eye colors.

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

....as I wish Daz would allow to apply different eye texture to each eye, instead of keeping it to 1 map, special cases

thanks for the reply, guess I can't around having to put them on the same texture map

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

I think you could... But would require more work on your part.
    Section (G) of this mentions that: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14421/

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

Fair point Hellboy, but I wasn't going to go there, LOL. I would find it way easier just to fiddle with a few texture maps. But, as they say, more than one way to skin a cat, or cook a goose, or fry up the bacon, or what have you.
    cheers!

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

I would find it way easier just to fiddle with a few texture maps.

Definitely!
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Blackhearted, Cakeone, Traveler, Dimension 3D and Ari have created new eye props for the different generations.

• EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

You didn't say which program you are using, so I took screenshots of how I got two different colored eyes in Carrara 8.5, Poser 7, and DS 4.5 using Shader Mixer. I used Genesis in Carrara and DS, and V4 in Poser, all with the default V4 textures.
    The eyes in Genesis and Mill4 figures are mapped so you can use an image that's black on one side and white on the other to control a node to mix the two textures. Feel free to use the image I'm posting.
    Carrara - Mixer
    DS - Mix
    Poser - Blender
    In Poser and DS you need to use a Blender/Mix node for each channel with textures you want to mix (1 for diffuse, 1 for bump, etc.).
    In Carrara you can put a mixer in each channel, but it's easier to use a MultiChannel Mixer.

BiColorEyesP.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 492K
    BiColorEyesDS.png
    1920 x 1200 - 573K
    BiColorEyesC.png
    1920 x 1200 - 723K
    Alpha.jpg
    512 x 512 - 4K