Tubo Hotel

KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

I always liked the Tubo Hotel, but I never realized it was based on a real thing. Then I opened up the bing homepage this morning and bam! There it is. I have those models, but I never knew what they were supposed to be for.  Here's a link to the archive in case you missed it http://www.istartedsomething.com/bingimages/?m=1&y=2018#20180103-us.

Tubo Hotel

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024
    edited January 2018

Oh, I always asumed they were based on the "capsules" hotels from Japan (I've seen them once in the airport):

Didn't know about the sauna thing.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

That’s very cool. I really like the turbo hotel too.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    edited January 2018

Oh, I always asumed they were based on the "capsules" hotels from Japan (I've seen them once in the airport):

That's what I originally thought they were. It seems like they'd need a ton of insulation to sit out in the snow like that. And a pretty good heat source. Another Daz product i found in real life is High Street Kitchen, but I don't have a link to it right now.

Edit: Here it is High Street Project

Post edited by Kitsumo on
  • Actually, Tubo Hotel is in Tepoztlan, Mexico, and Resort Lagoon is a room at Manta Resort on Pemba Island, off the coast of Tanzania, that costs $1,500 a night. Grand Staircase, First Class Stateroom, Veranda Cafe, Smoking Room, Reading and Writing Room and Promenade Deck are based on, but not exact copies of, RMS Titanic. Any others?

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024
    gllower said:

Actually, Tubo Hotel is in Tepoztlan, Mexico, and Resort Lagoon is a room at Manta Resort on Pemba Island, off the coast of Tanzania, that costs $1,500 a night. Grand Staircase, First Class Stateroom, Veranda Cafe, Smoking Room, Reading and Writing Room and Promenade Deck are based on, but not exact copies of, RMS Titanic. Any others?

Oh, cool! I didn't know the turbo hotel actually existed! Kind of want to visit it now!

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    gllower said:

Actually, Tubo Hotel is in Tepoztlan, Mexico, and Resort Lagoon is a room at Manta Resort on Pemba Island, off the coast of Tanzania, that costs $1,500 a night. Grand Staircase, First Class Stateroom, Veranda Cafe, Smoking Room, Reading and Writing Room and Promenade Deck are based on, but not exact copies of, RMS Titanic. Any others?

Yep, that's definitely the interior of the Tubo Hotel. It kind of looks like they took elements of both for the doors. Still cool, no matter what.

Those are the only store items I've identified.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...in one of the RPGs I'm involved with these are colloquially referred to as "coffin motels".