Color Values from Iray to Photoshop

Hi there,

can someone help me understand how I can use color values from DAZ Uber Shader that ranges between 0 and 1 in Photoshop which ranges between 0 and 255? I also noticed that the 3Delight color values are the same as Photoshop and that they get converted to Iray values when the DAZ Iray Uber Shader is applied but I would like to know the formula so I can transfer them to Photoshop.

Post edited by felsenstern_9e51865eb7 on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2018

@lsenstern_9e51865eb7 "can someone help me understand how I can use color values from DAZ Uber Shader that ranges between 0 and 1 in Photoshop which ranges between 0 and 255?"

Not sure what you are seeing. Studio color values ranger from 0 to 255 for RGB. See the attached.

Capture.PNG
    585 x 415 - 31K
    Capture2.PNG
    719 x 512 - 123K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • This is a 3Delight Shader. The one I use in Iray looks like this:

In the meantime, I noticed that the 32-bit color picker in Photoshop is using values very similar to those here in Iray and that I can use it to convert at least single colors fore and back between 8 and 32-bit color space. It's still highly confusing and I would like to know a simple way to recalculate the values on my own, though.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Divide by 255:  255/255=1; 128/255=.5 (close enough).

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Click on the white strip where it says Base Color and it will bring up the colour picker with the 0 to 255 values for Red, Blue and Green that make up whichever colour is displayed in that strip, works with all Colour strip values in all shaders.

• @jestmart: I wish it were that simple but unfortunately it isn't -> 255 = 1, that's right but 127 = 0.22

@fishtales: Yes, this direction works nicely, but I would need the other way around. For the last two years, I mixed a lot of skins in Iray and wanted to transfer my work to photoshop and probably to substance painter. But as I mentioned, if nothing else works, I will just use photoshop to recalculate the values of every single color of every skin tone I found so far and I will save them one by one.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you mean from Photoshop to Studio then the same thing applies. Use the colour picker in PS to get the colour range and then type the values into the colour picker in Studio.

For skin tone values have a look here.

http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/Photoshop_Elements/color_correction/skin_tone/1_skin_tone_samples_chart.htm