What Does Daz Need to do Next?

124»

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

In my older age, I've gotten used to people rolling their eyes whenever I try to tell them about my hobbies and interests. I think my Dad just likes to tease me. I suppose it's easier to talk about my interest in Genealogy (Family History) than it is about 3DArt. But then people ask if I'm related to any famous historical people.... and I don't think so.

Sure you are. Maybe 12th cousin or whatever, but still.
    Heck, if you go far enough back and take a right at the light, you're related to me!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...I can tell you that if I won the Powerball Lotto, I'd have emails from relatives I never knew I had from all over the world. Crikey I might discover I actually am a descendent of a Caliph or Czar.

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

What Daz needs to do? Here's a list:

- Get decent mocap capacity that natively works with Genesis figures. Single kinect support would do.

- Release a Qumarion-like hardware for easy posing. Make it cost $500+ I'd still buy it.

- Make Texture/Shader Baker work with custom shaders. The amount of time it would save would be glorious.

- Softbody/bullet physics. About bloody time.

- Particle system. Same as above.

- Improve on cloth/hair physics. dForce is decent, but there are better options.

- Introduce power pose-like feature for clothes so they can be manually adjusted like G8 face.

- Improve upon item parenting i.e if item is unparented in animation it stays in same 3D space co-ordinates.

That's all that currently comes to my mind.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

"Duplicate formulas found"

Kill this thing dead, please.

No. This is actually a very bad thing. It means your morphs are doubled up. The one that needs to go the crap away is "duplicate ids found" which harms the working of DS in no way whatsoever. Just stick it in the log file with the other unimportant errors.

EDIT: It looks like Duplicate Formulas might get triggered for completely benign reasons but it also happens when there are multiple copies of the same morph or morphs named the same thing as each other so they get controlled by the same dial and double up, something you definitely should be aware of.

As far as I know DS can cope with multiple files. Duplicate formulas usually indicate either a name conflict between two different morphs (as happened with the RareStone and 200 Plus sets for Genesis 8 Female) or an error setting up ERC within a single morph so that it has two (probably different) settings for its relationship with another property or properties. Either needs fixing, and the fix usually needs to be on the creator(s)' side.

Would this not be something that should be discovered in the product testing approval process?

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,229
    edited January 2018

Vertex painting! No, actually, even shaders that support vertex colors would be super duper. VRAM isn't free chaps, imagine how slick it would be to paint layers onto your favorite clothing/environments. It's pretty much all i miss most from working in game dev sad.

.... and particles.

Post edited by KindredArts on
  • In my older age, I've gotten used to people rolling their eyes whenever I try to tell them about my hobbies and interests. I think my Dad just likes to tease me. I suppose it's easier to talk about my interest in Genealogy (Family History) than it is about 3DArt. But then people ask if I'm related to any famous historical people.... and I don't think so.

I'd be willing to bet that you're descended from Charlemagne.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    kyoto kid said:

...I can tell you that if I won the Powerball Lotto, I'd have emails from relatives I never knew I had from all over the world. Crikey I might discover I actually am a descendent of a Caliph or Czar.

You're already the descendant and heir of a Nigerian prince.
    You haven't gotten the email yet?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    Petercat said:
    kyoto kid said:

You're already the descendant and heir of a Nigerian prince.
    You haven't gotten the email yet?

...maybe somewhere in my spam folder.