How do I convert female poses to male?

Moonshine_2446656Moonshine_2446656 Posts: 13
edited December 2017 in The Commons

I want males to pose like a female. How do I do that? Is it possible? I also want my males to wear female clothes, female hair, makeup, and shoes like high heels. I want to make drag queens and crossdressers. Sorry for this weird question...

Post edited by Moonshine_2446656 on

Comments

• Moonshine said:

I want males to pose like a female. How do I do that? Is it possible?

Males can take the female poses. Just requires a bit of adjustment because body sizes are different, but you will have to do this with any character.

Moonshine said:

I also want my males to wear female clothes, female hair, and shoes like high heels. I want to make drag queens and crossdressers.

Genesis 8 males will take AutoFit from both genders.

Moonshine said:

Sorry for this weird question...

It's not weird.

• Biggest issue with auto fit will be heels. Auto fit tends to ruin them for me. I have seen a few tutorials and have had mixed results.

Have you tried this yet and had any issues? It might be helpful to try to tackle specific items that aren't auto-fitting well.

• I haven't tried anything yet. I'm new to Daz3d and I don't have the items yet.

• Biggest issue with auto fit will be heels. Auto fit tends to ruin them for me. I have seen a few tutorials and have had mixed results.

Have you tried this yet and had any issues? It might be helpful to try to tackle specific items that aren't auto-fitting well.

I haven't tried anything yet. I'm new to Daz3d and I don't have the items yet.

• agent unawares said:

I want males to pose like a female. How do I do that? Is it possible?

Males can take the female poses. Just requires a bit of adjustment because body sizes are different, but you will have to do this with any character.

I also want my males to wear female clothes, female hair, and shoes like high heels. I want to make drag queens and crossdressers.

It's not weird.

Alright, cool!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I know it's old tech at this point, but you may want to look at the original base Genesis figure, which could morph into male and female characters.  Since it could morph into either easily, the clothing fit either gender equally well without needing autofit.

The Genesis starter essentials should be available as part of your Daz Studio content downloads, so you can at least check out the base shapes without investing anything.  There are also a fair number of freebies still around for Genesis 1 as well (may be noted as for Victoria 5, which is the Victoria shape for the original Genesis figure.)

• I know it's old tech at this point, but you may want to look at the original base Genesis figure, which could morph into male and female characters.  Since it could morph into either easily, the clothing fit either gender equally well without needing autofit.

The Genesis starter essentials should be available as part of your Daz Studio content downloads, so you can at least check out the base shapes without investing anything.  There are also a fair number of freebies still around for Genesis 1 as well (may be noted as for Victoria 5, which is the Victoria shape for the original Genesis figure.)

Yeah, I think Genesis 1 might be better for this kind of stuff.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited January 2018

One trick that helps in doing gender conversions is to apply the individual parts of the pose separately, leaving the feet and hands til last and then stealing the "right" foot and hand positions from another, similar pose.  There are a couple of script utilities that allow you to do this pretty easily  - ZevO and Draagonstorm's PoseBuilder series, which covers V4, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 via it's various modules, and Riversoft Art's Pose Blender https://www.daz3d.com/pose-blender , which, at least theoretically, works with any figure.

If you're looking at Genesis, there's also an older product by SloshWorks called Handy Dandy https://www.daz3d.com/handy-dandy which corrects most of the hand and foot issues when mixing poses for V4/M4, Genesis and G2F and M, which is really useful since there weren't as many pose packs made for Genesis as for V4 or the G2s.   Finally, there's also a product called PoseMaster that used to be sold here but is now sold over at Renderosity by Cridgit, which has an add-on pack that allows direct conversion of poses for Genesis and older V3/M3 and V4/M4 characters, including Male to Female versions..

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Or you could simply shape the female of any Genesis 2, 3, 8 to look male and use heels on them. There are plenty of free shape morphs to do this. Unless you want genitals, that could pose a problem if you do (genitals are not included.) Even that can be over come by going to a certain site that sells more erotic Daz content, where you can totally buy male genitals for female characters. But another way would be Genesis 1, since it does both male and female from the same base. If you want genitals though, you still need to buy the "Pro" bundles of a Genesis 1 model, like Michael 5.

However, you also need to consider what render engine you are using. Old Genesis 1 content is all geared for the 3DL render option, not Iray. It is possible to convert the surfaces to Iray, but that will take some time. Time that could have been spent doing the female to male conversions I mentioned above. Only Genesis 3 and 8 have nearly all of their content for Iray. So what render engine you wish to use could impact this decision.

At any rate, you do not need to convert poses between sexes, ever. You can totally use any Genesis 8 female pose on any Genesis 8 male, for example. You might need to do a couple of adjustments, but that is pretty normal regardless. Poses are mostly created with the base Genesis figure in mind, so a figure that is larger than normal will need some adjustments anyway.

Ultimately, you have several options to go with depending on what your goals are.

• ButchButch Posts: 797

But, to begin with, practice getting it right on the original figures, before trying the crossdressing.  It'll give you a better understanding of how things work  - shoes will probably be your worst enemy.  Poses shouldn't be any issue, they'll just need a bit of adjustment.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited January 2018

Also SloshWerks UV Swaps https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base and https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base are handy allowing you to use female skin with makeup etc.on male figures (also using male skin with stubble /larger pores whatever on female models)..

Colour me weird.

Edit: Another point with Genesis (1), you can feminise the head while retaining a more or less masculine body with less work then the later models.

Post edited by Pack58 on
  • Moonshine_2446656Moonshine_2446656 Posts: 13
    edited January 2018

Or you could simply shape the female of any Genesis 2, 3, 8 to look male and use heels on them. There are plenty of free shape morphs to do this. Unless you want genitals, that could pose a problem if you do (genitals are not included.) Even that can be over come by going to a certain site that sells more erotic Daz content, where you can totally buy male genitals for female characters. But another way would be Genesis 1, since it does both male and female from the same base. If you want genitals though, you still need to buy the "Pro" bundles of a Genesis 1 model, like Michael 5.

However, you also need to consider what render engine you are using. Old Genesis 1 content is all geared for the 3DL render option, not Iray. It is possible to convert the surfaces to Iray, but that will take some time. Time that could have been spent doing the female to male conversions I mentioned above. Only Genesis 3 and 8 have nearly all of their content for Iray. So what render engine you wish to use could impact this decision.

At any rate, you do not need to convert poses between sexes, ever. You can totally use any Genesis 8 female pose on any Genesis 8 male, for example. You might need to do a couple of adjustments, but that is pretty normal regardless. Poses are mostly created with the base Genesis figure in mind, so a figure that is larger than normal will need some adjustments anyway.

Ultimately, you have several options to go with depending on what your goals are.

I'm not interested in the females at all but, I want to use their items like their clothes, hair, and shoes. I want to feminize my males to make them look more girly like the anime guys. I want to make yaoi couples (gay couples).

Pack58 said:

Also SloshWerks UV Swaps https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base and https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base are handy allowing you to use female skin with makeup etc.on male figures (also using male skin with stubble /larger pores whatever on female models)..

Colour me weird.

Edit: Another point with Genesis (1), you can feminise the head while retaining a more or less masculine body with less work then then the later models.

I like the UV Swaps. I have Genesis 1 and I can feminize the head and body on the males. I just need to get their new clothes and stuff. I really like playing with Genesis 1.

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    edited January 2018
    Moonshine said:

Pack58 said:

Colour me weird.

Edit: Another point with Genesis (1), you can feminise the head while retaining a more or less masculine body with less work then then the later models.

I like the UV Swaps. I have Genesis 1 and I can feminize the head and body on the males. I just need to get their new clothes and stuff. I really like playing with Genesis 1.

With Genesis 1 you don't need UV Swap. Any V4, M4 or Genesis 1 skin textures can be used.

Post edited by Pack58 on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited January 2018
    Moonshine said:

I'm not interested in the females at all but, I want to use their items like their clothes, hair, and shoes. I want to feminize my males to make them look more girly like the anime guys. I want to make yaoi couples (gay couples).

Pack58 said:

I understand that, but there's stopping you from using a female model with male morphs and skin. People do that, I've done that. I made Dr. Frank-N-Furter for that reason, to wear a dress and heels. Just because the base is male or female does not limit you in any way from using them as the opposite sex. Its only a mesh, you can define that mesh as male or female as you like. You just need the right tool for the job. Genesis 1 is good for this, but the amount of content available for Genesis 1 is much more limited compared to more recent models. All am I trying to do is give you more options.

I forgot to mention there are male-to-female UV swaps for Genesis 2 and 3 as well. Some free, some paid. So again, you can use Genesis 2 or 3 female, but with male morphs and skin, meaning nobody would know the difference. 

Like this, this lets you use Genesis 3 male skin on Genesis 3 female:   https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

Additionally, you could use GenX to transfer shape morphs between sexes (and between generations.) So if you don't see a shape that makes you happy, you could actually use GenX to transfer a male shape you do like over to that female base. Then you could use the UV swap to use a male skin on that model as well. So this is a good option, because with this option you now have a Genesis 3 male, who can wear all G3M content, and a Genesis 3 female version of this character who wear all the female content. The benefit to this is that you gain all of the advances that Genesis 3 has over Genesis 1...better posing, Iray out of the box, and a much larger content library to pull from. There are also great products that allow Genesis 3 to wear clothing from previous generations much easier, like "Wear Them All."

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

Take note of the description in that product, it adds male and female autofit clones for Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Male and Female all to the Genesis 3 Female. This product quite literally lets you "wear them all." (Though high heels can still be a pain, it just depends on the particular high heel.) There is also a version of this for Genesis 3 Male.

And that is yet another option. You could try the "Wear them All" for Genesis 3 Male and see how well that works for you. However, I believe high heels will still pose a problem sometimes.

And one last thing, Daz has a generous 30 day return policy, so if you invest on some of these and they just don't work for you can return them and try something else.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited January 2018

Genesis 8 Female has a male shape (the clone that's needed for clothes to fit) you have her free, download Genesis 8 Female starter essentials from your product library.  It's a hidden morph but perfectly usable, you'll need to show hidden in the hamburger menu (the three little lines) in the upper corner of the parameters tab for it to be visible.  I don't have it open right now, someone who does figure out where it's located for the OP.  If you use that then all clothes, shoes, painted faces, etc, for Genesis 8 Female will work nearly perfectly on "him".  You might need to increase smoothing itteration on shirts/dresses to account for the flat chest, or if you want you could buy the genesis 8 female body morphs and dial up some breasts size/implants to give him breasts again.  Sorry I don't have time to do a demonstration at the moment, but hopefully someone hanging around will.

Post edited by Fisty on
  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631
    Moonshine said:

Okay, I'm a great fan of yaoi (I'm writing a novel and have two gay couples in it), I definetely wanto to see your works! I think  good model bases for that kind of images could be Teen Jayden 6, Kenji 7 and Elijah 7. I made some renders of one my couples, if you want I can send you them, just to have an idea of the effect it turns out to with 3D graphics

• Moonshine_2446656Moonshine_2446656 Posts: 13
    edited January 2018
    Moonshine said:

Pack58 said:

I understand that, but there's stopping you from using a female model with male morphs and skin. People do that, I've done that. I made Dr. Frank-N-Furter for that reason, to wear a dress and heels. Just because the base is male or female does not limit you in any way from using them as the opposite sex. Its only a mesh, you can define that mesh as male or female as you like. You just need the right tool for the job. Genesis 1 is good for this, but the amount of content available for Genesis 1 is much more limited compared to more recent models. All am I trying to do is give you more options.

I forgot to mention there are male-to-female UV swaps for Genesis 2 and 3 as well. Some free, some paid. So again, you can use Genesis 2 or 3 female, but with male morphs and skin, meaning nobody would know the difference. 

Like this, this lets you use Genesis 3 male skin on Genesis 3 female:   https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

Additionally, you could use GenX to transfer shape morphs between sexes (and between generations.) So if you don't see a shape that makes you happy, you could actually use GenX to transfer a male shape you do like over to that female base. Then you could use the UV swap to use a male skin on that model as well. So this is a good option, because with this option you now have a Genesis 3 male, who can wear all G3M content, and a Genesis 3 female version of this character who wear all the female content. The benefit to this is that you gain all of the advances that Genesis 3 has over Genesis 1...better posing, Iray out of the box, and a much larger content library to pull from. There are also great products that allow Genesis 3 to wear clothing from previous generations much easier, like "Wear Them All."

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

Take note of the description in that product, it adds male and female autofit clones for Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis 1, Genesis 2 Male and Female all to the Genesis 3 Female. This product quite literally lets you "wear them all." (Though high heels can still be a pain, it just depends on the particular high heel.) There is also a version of this for Genesis 3 Male.

And that is yet another option. You could try the "Wear them All" for Genesis 3 Male and see how well that works for you. However, I believe high heels will still pose a problem sometimes.

And one last thing, Daz has a generous 30 day return policy, so if you invest on some of these and they just don't work for you can return them and try something else.

Alright, thank you. That was very informative and helpful. I'm really interested in "Wear Them All" product.

Fisty said:

Genesis 8 Female has a male shape (the clone that's needed for clothes to fit) you have her free, download Genesis 8 Female starter essentials from your product library.  It's a hidden morph but perfectly usable, you'll need to show hidden in the hamburger menu (the three little lines) in the upper corner of the parameters tab for it to be visible.  I don't have it open right now, someone who does figure out where it's located for the OP.  If you use that then all clothes, shoes, painted faces, etc, for Genesis 8 Female will work nearly perfectly on "him".  You might need to increase smoothing itteration on shirts/dresses to account for the flat chest, or if you want you could buy the genesis 8 female body morphs and dial up some breasts size/implants to give him breasts again.  Sorry I don't have time to do a demonstration at the moment, but hopefully someone hanging around will.

Oh wow! I didn't know Genesis 8 female has a male shape. That's cool. That might come in handy. Since there aren't that many male stuff in the market. The females have way more items than their male counterparts.

Ruthven said:
    Moonshine said:

Okay, I'm a great fan of yaoi (I'm writing a novel and have two gay couples in it), I definetely wanto to see your works! I think  good model bases for that kind of images could be Teen Jayden 6, Kenji 7 and Elijah 7. I made some renders of one my couples, if you want I can send you them, just to have an idea of the effect it turns out to with 3D graphics

Awesome! Glad to know I'm not the only one that is a fan of yaoi. I do really like those guys Teen Jayden 6, Kenji 7, and Elijah 7. They're really cute guys. They will be perfect for my kind of art style! And yeah, I would like to see your renders!

Moonshine said:
    Moonshine said:

Ruthven said:

Awesome! Glad to know I'm not the only one that is a fan of yaoi. I do really like those guys Teen Jayden 6, Kenji 7, and Elijah 7. They're really cute guys. They will be perfect for my kind of art style! And yeah, I would like to see your renders!

Actually, I think you find in yaoi many of the hottest manga/anime guys around. I've seen that with Daz's chat it's not possible to send files; since my images aren't online, if you private message me your email address I'll the send you the pictures :-)

• Ruthven said:
    Moonshine said:
    Moonshine said:

Ruthven said:

Actually, I think you find in yaoi many of the hottest manga/anime guys around. I've seen that with Daz's chat it's not possible to send files; since my images aren't online, if you private message me your email address I'll the send you the pictures :-)

Okay I'll private message you.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    Moonshine said:

Moonshine said:

It's not weird.

A very refreshing reply. I tend not to buy from sellers that do opposite sex poses but don't include any same sex poses. We're in the 21st Century and gender is a very fluid thing. Thank you for this reply it was very nice to see. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited May 2018

Agent unawares  offers a nice transgender morph from their patreon/deviantart account which also could be fun to play with.

Most poses for the same generation will work regardless of gender with the opposite sex. You can also get earlier poss to work but they may require adjustments. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Load G8F.

Select her.

Make sure Parameters Tab is showing

Click on bars (burger) in image.

In the popup, select "Show Hidden Properties"

Adjust the slider to 100% and voila. Lexi (in the example) looks very different.

hidden properties.JPG
    1791 x 1163 - 179K

DaWaterRat said:

I know it's old tech at this point, but you may want to look at the original base Genesis figure, which could morph into male and female characters.  Since it could morph into either easily, the clothing fit either gender equally well without needing autofit.

This is a good suggestion; if you still want to use the poses with another preferred generation character, you can just transfer them to Genesis 1, dial in the opposite gender just to tweak the poses, and re-transfer them to the desidered generation. Results may not be perfect, but would at least be a starting point.

• agent unawares said:

You also have to watch out for chest movement too. Some poses adjust the female breast and it looks odd on a male chest so you have to select each one and put it back in its default place.