Willis Bundle Compatibility Questions

just curious about the three products in the new Willis bundle.  The Willis character is G3 only.  Outfit is G3 and G8. Hair is G3 and G8.  Hair is 3Delight friendly but the character and outfit are not.  All three products are by the same PA.  Products are a bit out of synch with each other in terms of compatibility.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

and does he have maps for all body part options?

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

just curious about the three products in the new Willis bundle.  The Willis character is G3 only.  Outfit is G3 and G8. Hair is G3 and G8.  Hair is 3Delight friendly but the character and outfit are not.  All three products are by the same PA.  Products are a bit out of synch with each other in terms of compatibility.

I don't see the problem - the character is G3M, the hair and outfit fit G3M.  The hair and outfit additionally fit G8M, which is good so close to a new genesis launch.

Only thing on compatibility is 3Delight is only with the hair, but there's been many threads on why PA's don't include 3Delight shaders with everything. 

• just curious about the three products in the new Willis bundle.  The Willis character is G3 only.  Outfit is G3 and G8. Hair is G3 and G8.  Hair is 3Delight friendly but the character and outfit are not.  All three products are by the same PA.  Products are a bit out of synch with each other in terms of compatibility.

I don't see the problem - the character is G3M, the hair and outfit fit G3M.  The hair and outfit additionally fit G8M, which is good so close to a new genesis launch.

Only thing on compatibility is 3Delight is only with the hair, but there's been many threads on why PA's don't include 3Delight shaders with everything. 

Sorry but that seems a bit of odd reverse-spin.  It's a product bundle, everything should work together seemlessly.  What if someone is working exclusively G8?  

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Everything does work together, for G3. As a bonus the clothes and hair also work with G8.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Sorry but that seems a bit of odd reverse-spin.  It's a product bundle, everything should work together seemlessly.  What if someone is working exclusively G8?  

I guess they are SOL then, LOL. Probably shouldn't have added the G8 compatability to the clothing if the character doesn't have it.

It can take quite awhile to make a complex addon for DS. Chances are the character started out being for G3M and then G8M was released or DAZ said it had to have some G8 compatibility to support the latest figure..

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

will someone please spill the beans on the meat and tatters, even if I don't buy him after it is doing my mind in like some dirty little secret blush

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

As FSMCDesigns said if they are really stuck in the mud about it, guess they are outta luck.  smiley

But base Genesis 3 is free, you have the clothes and everything, and people made G8 items fit G3, so it doesn't really seem to be an issue.  You could also convert to Genesis 8 if you're really picky about it.

• th3Digit said:

If it's not mentioned on the store page, I don't expect them.
  • rames44rames44 Posts: 329

If someone was working exclusively in G8, why would they buy a bundle where the core character is G3?

Seems to me that since G3 and G8 are so similar, any PA creating clothing for one would want to include compatibility for the other just to expand his/her market. So even if Daz doesn’t require it, it just makes sense. Consider it a bonus for those using both. 

• LarryadLarryad Posts: 35

No Gens either. I hate buying incomplete characters.

• rames44 said:

If someone was working exclusively in G8, why would they buy a bundle where the core character is G3?

Seems to me that since G3 and G8 are so similar, any PA creating clothing for one would want to include compatibility for the other just to expand his/her market. So even if Daz doesn’t require it, it just makes sense. Consider it a bonus for those using both. 

They wouldn't.  But if they were interested in the item they would be curious as to why the PA did not support the G8 on the character when they supported G8 across the other bundle items. It's unusual for a high profile new release like this to not be "forward compatible."  Considering it a "bonus" for G3 purchasers?  That's a bit of a stretch.

Again, I was just curious.  There seems to be an implication from a few folks here that I'm out of line for asking about it.

• rames44 said:

They wouldn't. 

I do. Characters are ridiculously easy to convert.

• rames44 said:

They wouldn't. 

But if that's the case, why didn't the PA simply do it and add value to the product.  I'm not trying to be snarky.  I'm just trying to understand the dynamics of the marketplace.  I find things like this very confusing.

• rames44 said:

They wouldn't. 

But if that's the case, why didn't the PA simply do it and add value to the product.

Converting HD might be more difficult than the main morphs. Can't know because DAZ restricts everyone but PAs from working with it.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@GeoffreyHawkins   "Sorry but that seems a bit of odd reverse-spin.  It's a product bundle, everything should work together seemlessly.  What if someone is working exclusively G8?"

Everything in the bundle does work together seemlessly.

If someone is working exclusively in G8, they may not buy the bundle. They also may only want the hair or the outfit, or they have limited funds.

Finally, the vendor may not yet be comfortable with G8 or might be waiting for other base characters. You will note that the PA doesn't have any G8 characters in the DAZ store and generally doesn't do characters of any generation.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    Larryad said:

I wonder if that wasn't an oversight but rather purposeful as this character is obviously Norman Reedus as Daryl from The Walking Dead. 

• Pixel8ted said:
    Larryad said:

I wonder if that wasn't an oversight but rather purposeful as this character is obviously Norman Reedus as Daryl from The Walking Dead. 

Or maybe, like some other PAs, theis one simply isn't interested in providing such things. 

• his likeness is used in a lot of games now too