Comments

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
    edited January 2018

I have used TruForm's cars in my renders.  They are great models, but since they are for Poser and are composed of many small parts, it does take some work to convert the materials to IRay.  I have Ferrara and Chevrette.  Both are very nice.  I would wait for them to go on sale.  Sometimes the price drops to $6.00.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88398/view/1/3D-and-2D-Art/La-Ferrari

Tom2099's car shaders are essential for preparing the materials for TruForm's cars.  They are available at:

https://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=tom2099

Post edited by nakamuram002 on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited January 2018

I have a pickup truck of his that I used in this image. Worked wonderfully, tho I had to change to iray shaders. There are lots of car paint shaders around - some included with the DS Iray Uber shader and Tom2099 on ShareCG has a whole bunch of really nice, real world car paint shaders. I used one of Tom2099s in the linked image.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513

...not yet though found one item that is perfect for my Cyber Future settings is the monocycle (one of the RPGs I'm involved with actually has one for characters).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

I don't have any of those, but they should work with Iray fine. You will probably have to adjust or changes the shaders, but it's not hard at all

Here is an example. I found this nice Aston Martin at the 3Dwarehouse for sketchup, so obviously it's in a non DS format with absolutely no IRAY materials at all. I converted it to .OBJ and stripped all the materials off of it (5 minutes work for me)

Here it is with the untoched version imported fresh into DS and an Iray version 5 minutes later using the default Uber IRAY shaders in DS and a little tweaking and then saved for future use.

cariray.jpg
    1554 x 928 - 1M

...unfortunately most of the vehciles I'd like to use haveto be converted from game versions, and I don't do games.  Really wanting a good GMC "Fishbowl" and "Old Look" transit bus, however the few commercial models available are very epensive.  A couple years ago someone posted an image with one on the Car and Bike thread that turned out was taken from GTA.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

I've got a bunch of TruForm's vehicles,... around a dozen at this point... and have been reworking them for iray as needed.  Overall these are fantastic models with a real eye for detail, and most of the vehicle dials and indicators tend to be sourced from a single master texture sheet.  That makes getting allthe inside lights working a simple matter of adding an emitter shader and applying the image as a mask in the shader tab, and the same goes for the buttons on the dash and doors.  On the negative side, the combined headlights, especially those on the rear, tend to be done using a single master image for all the different lenses and reflectors.  My solution was to "metalize" those for night shots usning Viktohria's Convert-it, then add the rear lights as seperate elements using primatives.  

edited January 2018

Just as an FYI, here's what the interior of TF's Aura Convertible looked like after being lit for Iray. 

TF Acura Lighting test 1.jpg
    1115 x 1000 - 621K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958
    AllenArt said:

I have a pickup truck of his that I used in this image. Worked wonderfully, tho I had to change to iray shaders. There are lots of car paint shaders around - some included with the DS Iray Uber shader and Tom2099 on ShareCG has a whole bunch of really nice, real world car paint shaders. I used one of Tom2099s in the linked image.

Laurie

That's a nice render Laurie

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,217

Truform is pretty top tier, i love their stuff. Converting their sets to iray though ... it can be a bit of a time sink. None of their sets are rigged, it's a load of separate objs paired to a null, and they are very liberal with material zones. This means that if you want to change the glossiness on the body of the car, you need to select the hull, every door, the boot, the bonnet and probably the filler cap in order to track down the body mat zone on each item before finally getting results. It's a lot of prep work and fiddling but i think it's worth putting up with if you have the time. 2nd world has some great utilitarian stuff too.

Truform is pretty top tier, i love their stuff. Converting their sets to iray though ... it can be a bit of a time sink. None of their sets are rigged, it's a load of separate objs paired to a null, and they are very liberal with material zones. This means that if you want to change the glossiness on the body of the car, you need to select the hull, every door, the boot, the bonnet and probably the filler cap in order to track down the body mat zone on each item before finally getting results. It's a lot of prep work and fiddling but i think it's worth putting up with if you have the time. 2nd world has some great utilitarian stuff too.

The upside is that you only need to do it once and resave back to the library. LOL :D

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Laurie

That's a nice render Laurie

• Truform is pretty top tier, i love their stuff. Converting their sets to iray though ... it can be a bit of a time sink. None of their sets are rigged, it's a load of separate objs paired to a null, and they are very liberal with material zones. This means that if you want to change the glossiness on the body of the car, you need to select the hull, every door, the boot, the bonnet and probably the filler cap in order to track down the body mat zone on each item before finally getting results. It's a lot of prep work and fiddling but i think it's worth putting up with if you have the time. 2nd world has some great utilitarian stuff too.

This has driven me crazy many times!!  Fortunately, you can select all car-related objects and all of their materials, then apply the Uber IRay Shader once - which should convert the materials.  Then you can apply the IRay shaders to the parts of the car that are significant in your renders.  A bit tedious, but do-able!!  At lease the materials are labeled in English ant the names are consistent!!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,638
    Cybersox said:

Just as an FYI, here's what the interior of TF's Aura Convertible looked like after being lit for Iray. 

Thank you once again, @Cybersox.

Just be forewarned that that's an old vendor, Nationale7, under a new name, so doublecheck to make sure you don't already have it.   

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Tru Forms cars are awesome. I have about 6 or 7 of them. They work great in Daz Studio. Lost of moving parts that give nice pose options.

Check out my image Ninky's Ride in my gallery which uses one of Tru's cars

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/278186

edited January 2018

...ooh thanks. missed the holiday event.

Cool, just picked up the Mini (for Leela as in the story she has one), Smart Car, the Mono Cycle, and a futuristic sports car the latter two which fit well with my Cyber Future world.

Post edited by kyoto kid on