Eyes rendering white in Intermediate OpenGL

Blacky13Blacky13 Posts: 67

Hey everyone, I'm back to pick the brains of the experts!

An issue just recently started:

I do a lot of rendering in Intermediate OpenGL, and up until a few days ago, it worked great!

Now, for reasons I'm not sure of, there seems to be an issue whereby the eyes of the G3F figure render opaque white and the eyelashes render opaque black but ONLY when rendering with Intermediate OpenGL. I have tried multiple textures and they all behave the same. When rendeing in regular OpenGL, or Iray, the eyes look as expected.

This happens with any texture set.

I have attached some images to help illustrate.

Screenshot 1: Character loaded with Genevieve 7 textures. Everything looks fine.
OpenGLRender: Character loaded with Genevieve 7 textures. Rendered in normal OpenGL, everything is fine
IntOpenGL Render.jpg: Character loaded with Genevieve 7 textures. Rendered in Intermediate OpenGL, Eyes are opaque white, lashes are opaque black
Screenshot 2: Character loaded with different textures. Everything looks fine.
OpenGLRender2.jpg: Character loaded with different textures. Rendered in normal OpenGL, everything is fine
IntOpenGLRender2.jpg: Character loaded with different textures. Rendered in Intermediate OpenGL, Eyes are opaque white, lashes are opaque black

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post edited by Blacky13 on

Comments

• Hey all in continued searching, I think I found the issue:

When using Intermediate OpenGL, in the Advanced section of the Render Settings tab is a setting called 'Use OpenGL Shader (GLSL)". I unchecked this, and things went back to normal.

Apparently, when loading the 'Jackson's Field' full, non Iray scene, it changes the setting of Intermediate OpenGL to 'Use OpenGL Shader (GLSL)'.

Problem solved, but thanks for looking!