Merry Christmas

Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
edited December 2017 in Hexagon Discussion

Just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas and all the best for 2018. I'd also like to welcome all the new Hex'ers to our little community, it really looks like next year will be a good one - 64bit Hexagon, I can't wait :) 

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on

Comments

• Buon Natale

smiley

• Christmas Freebie in the store today, not sure how long it will be there so check it out.

Christmas-end-table.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 77K
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Heh heh. Yeah, merry Christmas and a happy, chamfered, poly-filled 2018.

Got the table, lamp and kk's (knick-knacks) thanks. You should put some easter eggs in the drawer or something. wink

• Hope you find it useful R. Easter eggs, have to add a Valentine card first :)

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited January 2018

Valentine's card - white front, inner surface red. Boolean cut-out of a heart shape on the front to show through to the "red" inside, and have some white writing? A popular trend on commercial cards where I live is to glue on some "bling"(rhinestones, glass or plastic "gems" etc.)

Typing of bling, I obtained some free .OBJ format gemstones from another site... what's the trick to disassembling or breaking up the "sheet" of stones that you seem to get? They all seemed to have been "grouped" together.

Also when I apply a shader to this type of .OBJ file the best translucent, "glossy" effect seem to happen when a surface is unbroken. In the case of the large flat emeralds here (middle row) removing the central edges gives a great big n-gon? This is a no-no, right?

I am quite taken with gemstone and glass and water shaders... it would be nice to be able to 'control' them if possible, in the geometry.  So far so good except when a large "facet" in the gem "face" has polygon edges running through it... not sure.

bling.jpg
    800 x 538 - 130K
    translucent-emerald-shader.jpg
    1290 x 281 - 132K
    emerald-detail.jpg
    1882 x 975 - 335K
    Post edited by Roman_K2 on