Daz and IK/FK?

Is there the possibility that we ever get IK/FK within Daz to spare the extended workflow of exporting to Maya or Motionbuilder?

I personally think the program should focus more on improving animating in the future. The features of Graphmate for example are really minor too compared to Motionbuilder.

Comments

• The functionality of the animation add-ons isn't handled by Daz directly, but rather by a 3rd party.

IK/FK are implemented in the base program, but you have to use the Pin system on the feet and hands if you wish to pose the figure by directly manipulating it directly. Or you can import capture data.

• surodysurody Posts: 261

The functionality of the animation add-ons isn't handled by Daz directly, but rather by a 3rd party.

IK/FK are implemented in the base program, but you have to use the Pin system on the feet and hands if you wish to pose the figure by directly manipulating it directly. Or you can import capture data.

The thing is, I'm animating myself and the pinning function in Daz is broken as f*ck. I would like to bend the whole arm for example  and going to crouch without having the feet doing what they want.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2018

Using the Active Pose Tool and locking bones with the tips in this video may help.  

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    edited January 2018

The IK system in DAZ Studio is not for animation, it is for posing. There's a huge difference.

IK for posing is used to handle FK chains so that you can pose them easily. But it will break on animation since there's nothing among keyframes to "hold" the IK handles in place.

IK for animation is implemented in Blender or Maya or any other animation platform. Here the IK handle is used for posing as well, but it also keeps itself in place during the animation. That is, you can animate the IK handles and the poses will follow.

EDIT. IK for FK posing is used anyway for things that don't need to be "locked" to the IK handle during animation. So in an animation platform there's usually the option to use it as well.

Post edited by Padone on
  • Padone said:

The IK system in DAZ Studio is not for animation, it is for posing. There's a huge difference.

IK for posing is used to handle FK chains so that you can pose them easily. But it will break on animation since there's nothing among keyframes to "hold" the IK handles in place.

IK for animation is implemented in Blender or Maya or any other animation platform. Here the IK handle is used for posing as well, but it also keeps itself in place during the animation. That is, you can animate the IK handles and the poses will follow.

EDIT. IK for FK posing is used anyway for things that don't need to be "locked" to the IK handle during animation. So in an animation platform there's usually the option to use it as well.

The first paragraph is rather putting words into the developers' mouths, though you are certainly free to militate for parentable IK targets.