Questions regarding animation

Hi all! I am new to daz and I have some questions that some of you might think are dumb, so is it possible to make your own animation from the ground up? Like using a timeline and a graph editor? Because I don't want to rely on preset animations. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Yes there is a timeline and you can make keyframed animations. The graph editor is not included, go to the store and search for keymate and graphmate, they are imo a must have and make it possible to edit, move and copy keyframes etc. Also check out animate 2, it has some neat options even if you don't want to use aniblocks.

• Yes there is a timeline and you can make keyframed animations. The graph editor is not included, go to the store and search for keymate and graphmate, they are imo a must have and make it possible to edit, move and copy keyframes etc. Also check out animate 2, it has some neat options even if you don't want to use aniblocks.

Thank you so much for your response!
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I have Animate2 because I wanted to add some small animation files to my site but I am petrified to buy any animation products because I don't know how to use them. I have looked at the Animation forum and tutorials on YouTube but they are all old it seems. Is there a step by step guide in existence? Something that uses basic non-tech terms for someone who is an absolute newbie at animation?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    DDCreate said:

I have Animate2 because I wanted to add some small animation files to my site but I am petrified to buy any animation products because I don't know how to use them. I have looked at the Animation forum and tutorials on YouTube but they are all old it seems. Is there a step by step guide in existence? Something that uses basic non-tech terms for someone who is an absolute newbie at animation?

I don't have animate 2 myself so can't be of much help with that, I use the timeline to do keyframed animation (and of course keymate/graphmate) but animate 2 is in my wishlist so I will get it at some point;) I guess a google search is better than trying the forums search engine=)

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

Animate is really essential for any type of complex animation. It allows you to slide keyframes and copy and paste them.  It's a must have.

• Good day, Yes it is possible. Quite possible. I started making animations about a year ago and there are a number of ways to approach this. I do have Animate 2, Keymate, and Graphmate and they do make things easier. As for setting animations up, I will use the aniblocks, keyframe poses for the characters, use puppeteer for some transitions (what is that you say? it is worth looking up.), and sometimes plain old manual movement of the figure. They all work on the timeline. I have some sample work-in-progress (WIP) videos online at FORUM WIPS you can look at. In particular, the knight riding the horse was quickly keyframed as a test and needs smoothed up.