Mesh Smoothing Setting in Daz Studio 4.10

Hi all!

I'm trying to convert some morphs from G3 to G8 and according to the instructions, I have to set "mesh smoothing to off". But I can't find a setting in Daz Studio that is called "mesh smoothing". Does anybody know where to find that setting in Daz Studio 4.10, or what it's called in that version?

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year,

Me

Comments

• Select your figure at the base node and expand the General category in the properties tab. It should be under there.

• Thanks for the reply! It's not there. I can find a couple of settings on Subdivision, but nothing called "Mesh Smoothing. Closest I get is "Subdivision Normals" where I can pick either "smoothed" or "preserve cage" as value.

Thanks a lot,

Me

• Mesh Resolution (in the Parameters pane) Resolution Level set to Base? Or perhaps mesh Smoothing, but that will be present only if the model has a Smoothing Modifier applied.

• gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the reply! The level is set to base. So if I don't see the "mesh smoothing" paraeter, that means there is no smoothing modifier applied?

So do I have to apply a smoothing modifier and then set that to "off" or "0"?

Thanks a lot,

Me

Post edited by gibrril_fa945a6cee on
  • Thanks for the reply! The level is set to base. So if I don't see the "mesh smoothing" paraeter, that means there is no smoothing modifier applied?

So do I have to apply a smoothing modifier and then set that to "off" or "0"?

Thanks a lot,

Me

No if it isn't there leave it alone.

• Thanks for the reply! I'll leave it alone.

Thanks a lot,

Me.