Transfer utility for generation 4 Characters

Lets not forget Michael 4 and Victoria 4. Everything seems to fit and transfer back and forth with genesis Characters but not generation charcters. 

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Transfer utility and autofit are for weightmapped figures. Generation 4 figures are not weightmapped, so they can't work with them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 2017

actually they can if you weightmap them and have clone shapes

I have recently dressed V4 in Genesis 3 stuff in DAZ studio at least

have issues going to Carrara and Poser

video

you can skip the blended weights step that was for Carrara and what does not always work there

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

Lets not forget Michael 4 and Victoria 4. Everything seems to fit and transfer back and forth with genesis Characters but not generation charcters. 

M4 and V4 are old products so it's highly unlikely you will see any new addons made for them. There are plenty of products in the store to enable the morphs and textures to be used on newer figures. If you get GenX and transfer the V4 and M4 shapes to newer figures, then you can use them with newer clothing and skins. Here is V4 and Genesis 2 female  with the base V4 morph and the base skin

v4tog2f.jpg
    1281 x 843 - 305K
  • I have so many elite, creature, ++morphs and more that the genesis figures don't have and i love Michael 4
  • I have so many elite, creature, ++morphs and more that the genesis figures don't have and i love Michael 4

If you use the Generation X (aka GenX) to transfer those to the Genesis or later figures, you will be able to use them on those new figures as well as gain access to features like Autofit and geografting that Michael 4 doesn't support.
  • Can you transfer the morphs over and the clothes? Because thats mostly what i have( m4 and v4
  • Can you transfer the morphs over and the clothes? Because thats mostly what i have( m4 and v4

Yes; GenX will transfer the morphs and Autofit will handle the clothing, since that's what it's designed to do.
  • I was just look on daz but i don't see the gen X that handles m4 and v4, which one is it?

• does this work for daz 4.10? I noticed that it say plug in for daz 4.6

• does this work for daz 4.10? I noticed that it say plug in for daz 4.6

Yes. I've used it fairly recently,and I'm running 4.10 here.
  • thank you