Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I've seen way worse covers their as far as romance covers go.  Its gorgeous though

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Really great romance cover.  You nailed the posing and expression.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, I was happy with how that one turned out. 

Anyone else having a lot of crashes with the latest version of DAZ? I thought it was my old computer, moved to a new one and it's still doing it. It's always when the size of the scene exceeds the card and it has to shift over to CPU mode. I have 64 GB of really good ram on this new machine, so I know that's not the issue. I have plenty of space. Video card is my older 750Ti until I get a better one, but drivers are updated. Never had this problem before. Now I'm getting it on both machines as the onjects are getting loaded to the card and the render is getting ready to start. I've saved the error messages/logs  to send to tech support. Every time, I get this: 

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:00000000D2DEC0CE, mi_neuray_factory()+4039486 byte(s)

Frustrating, but I save early and often!  

So excited that this image was featured as one of Renderosity's Picks of the Week! https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2919630 ;

Llynara said:

Morra Hair for G3 and G8 by Prae (Rendo)

Llynara said:

Thanks, I was happy with how that one turned out. 

Anyone else having a lot of crashes with the latest version of DAZ? I thought it was my old computer, moved to a new one and it's still doing it. It's always when the size of the scene exceeds the card and it has to shift over to CPU mode. I have 64 GB of really good ram on this new machine, so I know that's not the issue. I have plenty of space. Video card is my older 750Ti until I get a better one, but drivers are updated. Never had this problem before. Now I'm getting it on both machines as the onjects are getting loaded to the card and the render is getting ready to start. I've saved the error messages/logs  to send to tech support. Every time, I get this: 

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:00000000D2DEC0CE, mi_neuray_factory()+4039486 byte(s)

Frustrating, but I save early and often!  

I definitely get more crashes since I moved to 4.10.  They just updated the Beta, I am going to have to open that one up and try it on there.  Renders are taking longer as well.  And I have a good pc, not new but plenty of memory.

edited December 2017

It's been an insane week so far. I've cranked out a lot of promos and fought with both computers. Both are giving me fits for different reasons, plus I'm also doing quite a bit in Poser and trying to get more proficient at that. UGH, I'm like 10 times slower at everything in there. 

But I thought I would share one of my favorite renders I've done lately, in DAZ. This one is for Natalie by Brahann (Rendo.) She has fantastic skin and interesting features. I used Kindred Art's new light probes here, along with a variety of other lights to get this look (plus postwork, always that!) I LOVE how this dForce Breezy dress drapes. OMG, it's amazing! 

"Milkmaid"

Natalie-Brahann_Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 571K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I really like that render. :)

• Wow! I love that render. It's perfect. :)

edited December 2017

Thank you! I think it's one of my best. I need to go update my galleries here and on Rendo. I've done a ton of promos lately, probably too many to post here, but I'll post the best ones.

ETA: I'm in the process of updating my gallery. I've still got about 10 more to add, but you can see the promos I've been doing here: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/2640301/

edited December 2017

Apparently one of my images is too racy for DAZ (which makes me want to plaster it all over the place!) If you want to see it, you'll have to visit my Rendo Gallery Here. I haven't had a chance to update my DA gallery in a while.

• That is a great render, Llynara!  you've been a busy bee of late!

• That's beautiful. nice work on the DOF and what a great fun pose! 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

These are amazing, Llynara.  Professional looking.

edited December 2017

Thank you all, and Merry Christmas! Here are a some holiday themed renders to celebrate the season! I will be updating my galleries more soon. i cannot believe the amount of stuff I've rendered lately, even while very sick the past 10 days. (Click and zoom in for much bigger versions.)

Darwin's LillyAnna and Giovanni enjoying a little Santa dressup fun: 

Luna for G8 as a Snow Princess

Alien Discoveries (1971s Unusual Christmas Tree from Rendo)

Vitoria for V4, the Sugar Plum Fairy (Rendo)

Fun by the fire in Blue Tree Studio's Ski Lodge (Rendo, done in Poser Superfly, yes she is wearing undies but hard to see in the firelight lol) 

Luna-G8_Llynara.jpg
    1953 x 2000 - 618K
    Versus-Santas-Teddy-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 890K
    1971s-Unusual-Christmas-Tree_Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 576K
    Vitoria2_Llynara.jpg
    1754 x 2000 - 888K
    Blue-Tree-Ski-Lodge_Llynara.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 422K

Merry Christmas!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Merry Christmas!

Ditto on that :)

• Beautiful renders, hope your feeling better and having a great Christmas!  

• Very nice renders, Llynara.  Hope that bout of sick is over with!  Happy holidays? XD

edited December 2017

Thank you all! I'm still sick, but we're slowly getting better. It's cold here, but I'm sitting inside my big, warm, beautiful farmhouse, enjoying the snow. And inside, there are some nice sights to see too. Just did this promo for FWSA Bastian, available at Rendo. (click for more hunkiness.)

FWSA-Bastion_Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 716K
    edited December 2017

A fun one I did using Aave's free dForce scene for the Boho dress. I put a static modifier on the log so it would drape over that too (though it may do that by default anyhow.) This is Brenda for G3 by Valkyrie, available at Rendo. The set is a mixture of Terradome 3 and Parales Beach by ShaaraMuse3d (Rendo.)

Brenda-G3_Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 701K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

What beautiful renders Llynara!!!

I really love the last one the dress hitting the water is a really nice touch!!

Thanks, Saphire! I'm loving dForce. When it works, it works beautifully! I did a few promos for dForce clothes in the DAZ store today. Once the images are public I'll post them here. SO much fun! 

Felt like doing some personal art today. Can't afford Sakura yet (*cries*) so I'm giving my other toony peeps some love. Here's Aiko weaving her magic. (click for bigger pic)

"Sorceress"

Sorceress-Aiko-7-Iray.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • I love what you've been doing with your promos. Really nice artwork.  :)

• Llynara said:

Thank you all! I'm still sick, but we're slowly getting better. It's cold here, but I'm sitting inside my big, warm, beautiful farmhouse, enjoying the snow. And inside, there are some nice sights to see too. Just did this promo for FWSA Bastian, available at Rendo. (click for more hunkiness.)

Very nice! I'll have to wander on over to Rendo wink

Trish

Thanks, ladies! Glad you are enjoying them! I finally took the plunge and picked up Sakura 8. I confess, I do have a soft spot for the toons and anime stuff, even though I don't render it that much. I like Sakura, and think she looks great as a geisha warrior. I used Izunami's geisha makeup here and used Darwin's gamma trick on the skin to match the face paint. Setting it to 0.10 gives it the right look, though postwork filters actually added color back in, she was more china doll white, LOL. 

"Like a Ninja, Baby!"

Note: I'm kind of disappointed in this Sakura Long Anime Hair. There are plenty of bones, but there are not many morphs or easy posing/shaping controls at all. For an anime hair, I'm shocked by that. There should be a lot of movement and length settings. I mean, even the older ones I own by this vendor have them, usually in the head or neck settings. But I didn't find any. I kept wondering, "Am I missing something here?"  There are a few hidden morphs I found that don't do much. There was something about "hide handles" but I never saw any handles either. It took me probably 20 minutes to pose the hair. Usually it takes me like 2, even with the older ones. I had to drill down, twist, bend and scale things. It's a beautiful hair but not fun to work with.

• Looks good. I have the bundle on the wishlist but she's gonna have to wait a while. The hair looks good in your render. That's a looooong time to be posing hair though.  :(

Thanks, and I don't know why, but Xtrart-3D has almost their entire store on clearance through midnight at Rendo and there's some really nice, newer items in there for G3 and G8 for very little money. I used their X-Fashion Combat Body Suit 02 on Sakura in the image above.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

This one really caught my eye. (All of them did, LOL)  I just love Luna's overall energy and confidence.

Thanks, Novica! Glad you enjoyed them! I was really getting a Disney's Frozen vibe off of that one when I did it.