Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit

I would love if Daz could make a Cross-Figure Resource Kit for the Genesis 8 models like they did with G3:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-cross-figure-resource-kit

There's definitely interest.

Comments

• Indeed; this is one of the tools I'm waiting for.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

With Genesis 8 the clothing does cross fit genders now so need for this product. However, remember that the Genesis 8 Male wardrobe will not show up in Genesis 8 Female wardrobe in Smart Content because it is not Genesis 8 Female wardrobe, you must go to the Genesis 8 Male wardrobe & choose from the Content Library tab or add those wardrobe pieces via the Smart Content editing tools. Also same priciple applies for older versions of clothing.

• Doesn't this basically just set up a morph to change the shape to fit the other gender, and then an ERC link to change the rigging? This was the impression I got from the only product I ever bought that was built with this.

• surodysurody Posts: 261

Doesn't this basically just set up a morph to change the shape to fit the other gender, and then an ERC link to change the rigging? This was the impression I got from the only product I ever bought that was built with this.

Would you know a way to replicate that?
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017

Yep.

I'm going to assume you're going from G8F to G8M here.

Morph your base clothing to fit base G8M, and load that as a morph to the G8F clothes. "Standard" name seems like it would be "XID_Genesis8Male" but you should be able to name it anything.

Now align the skeleton of the clothes to match the G8M skeleton. Create a new parameter named "FID_Genesis8Male" (this name is important) and ERC freeze the skeleton changes.

Make the "FID_Genesis8Male" parameter a DeltaAdd controller of the "XID_Genesis8Male" parameter.

This will automatically read the figure ID from G8M when fitted, and dial the skeleton and morph changes to fit.

You'll still have to save a new item with G8M as a compatibility base if you don't wish to change the base every time, I believe. I don't know of a way to give an item two compatibility bases, but there might be.

Keep in mind I haven't tried doing this manually, I am simply stating the apparent results of the cross figure utility.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • Yep.

I'm going to assume you're going from G8F to G8M here.

Morph your base clothing to fit base G8M, and load that as a morph to the G8F clothes. "Standard" name seems like it would be "XID_Genesis8Male" but you should be able to name it anything.

Now align the skeleton of the clothes to match the G8M skeleton. Create a new parameter named "FID_Genesis8Male" (this name is important) and ERC freeze the skeleton changes.

Make the "FID_Genesis8Male" parameter a DeltaAdd controller of the "XID_Genesis8Male" parameter.

This will automatically read the figure ID from G8M when fitted, and dial the skeleton and morph changes to fit.

You'll still have to save a new item with G8M as a compatibility base if you don't wish to change the base every time, I believe. I don't know of a way to give an item two compatibility bases, but there might be.

Keep in mind I haven't tried doing this manually, I am simply stating the apparent results of the cross figure utility.

I've had time to test this myself now, and it works 100%.

I'm more looking for how to adjust the rig with morphs. The rig should change with dialing the morph.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    surody said:

I'm more looking for how to adjust the rig with morphs. The rig should change with dialing the morph.

This is a known procedure.  Like he said, you dial in a morph, use adjust rigging to figure shape from the bone options and then use ERC freeze on that.

I have a video tutorial on that specific thing (not on the crossfigure mind you):

This is G2F, but the procedure has not changed.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017
    surody said:

This response is a bit confusing in context. What do you think Cross-Figure is? What I outlined is exactly how to duplicate the results of Cross-Figure by hand. Are you looking to make a morph that adjusts a clothing rig to fit a different base, or just a regular morph? Sickleyield's video is excellent if you're just making regular morphs that need rig adjustments.

Post edited by agent unawares on

This is a known procedure.  Like he said, you dial in a morph, use adjust rigging to figure shape from the bone options and then use ERC freeze on that.

I have a video tutorial on that specific thing (not on the crossfigure mind you):

This is G2F, but the procedure has not changed.

This was exactly I was looking for. Thank you very much!

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

The cross-figure morph has one advantage that everyone has overlooked. My impression of the feature was not just to have a male wear female-fit clothes and visa versa but to be able to morph your particular male figure, using all the male/femal morphs, into a sibling, parent or child etc. You can't do that as far as I know any other way. I grant you the differences in the attached image are subtle but the one on  the lelft is mor femine, she has a smaller jaw, fuller top lip and no brow ridge. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 14.26.16.jpg
    2023 x 1095 - 1M