3141592654's Animated Works in Progress

31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
edited December 2017 in Art Studio

Good day everyone, I am getting serious with my animation work and will be using this thread to seek ideas, tips, and suggestions for techniques, composition, themes, and basically all things animation related in Daz Studio. Most of the work will feature the themes of Medieval Knights, Scripture, and Science. Comments may be placed here (preferably) or on the website comments section. At this time, the work setup and rendering are being done in Daz Studio and the image sequence is turned into animation in Hitfilm Express 4.

A list of ongoing works can be found at Zaqen Studio.

Post edited by 3141592654 on

Comments

• Good day everyone, my first animation help request falls under the category of Scripture with a theme of Walking on Water. The first video is up and focuses on just getting the motion of the water and boat.

nightstormwip01.jpg
    730 x 411 - 60K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hi and welcome to the art forum! I checked out your animation and think you are off for a good start. As you said yourself the sail needs some movement and there is a little problem with waves rising through the floor. Maybe they can be masked by some people or props? The rest depends on what kind of style you want for your project. You are clearly not going for ultrarealism so I think some sail movement and a little rain/fog fx will take you a long way.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work;)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I remember that story. It used to fascinate me. The animation is good.

I recently bought The Philospher's DS water but haven't used it in an animation yet. I am wondering if I will be able to without super fastidious effort as I don't think DAZ Studio allows for physics that can be done via buoyancy equations for physics like Unity. Maybe I export the DAZ Water to Blender or Unity to use the physics engines.

• The rest depends on what kind of style you want for your project. You are clearly not going for ultrarealism ...

Actually, the style will vary a lot from project to project. I prefer realism / ultrarealism, but the nature of the audiences, the rendering capabilities of my current equipment, etc. all come into account. So I will have some realism, a lot of somewhat real, and some quite cartoon like work.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
    edited December 2017

Good day everyone, the next animation project is in the Medieval Knights category. The long term goal is to have the knight ride from the forest and into the castle (probably the Knight Academy by 1st Bastion), dismount, walk past various people practicing knight skills, go into the castle and before the king – rather ambitious at this point.

This first video is simply a test on trying to make horse and rider move: Knight Riding  -  I notice the horse is sliding a bit. The rider is also sliding in the saddle and looks stiff. However, I am happy with this first attempt at using the DAZ Horse in animation. Any other suggestions or tips? Is there a good way to parent the rider to the saddle? Thank you.

PathRider02.jpg
    730 x 411 - 174K
    edited December 2017

Good day everyone, a third project I am starting falls in the category of Science. The long term goal will be a trip through the solar system … probably starting at wide range and then zooming in for a trip from the sun to the outermost planet.

This first video is basically an out-of-the-box test of FM’s Solar System and aniblocks: Solar System Test

SolarSystem02.jpg
    730 x 411 - 93K

Good day everyone, the next animation project is in the Medieval Knights category. The long term goal is to have the knight ride from the forest and into the castle (probably the Knight Academy by 1st Bastion), dismount, walk past various people practicing knight skills, go into the castle and before the king – rather ambitious at this point.

This first video is simply a test on trying to make horse and rider move: Knight Riding  -  I notice the horse is sliding a bit. The rider is also sliding in the saddle and looks stiff. However, I am happy with this first attempt at using the DAZ Horse in animation. Any other suggestions or tips? Is there a good way to parent the rider to the saddle? Thank you.

Yes there's a bit of sliding but you could use a slightly different camera angle as a quicker fix. And you might want to look into creating a rigid follow node on the saddle and parent the rider to it. Google daz studio rigid follow node! Btw I'm impressed, you're making some pretty advanced stuff! Is the horse animation keyframed in timeline or aniblock?

• ...  you might want to look into creating a rigid follow node on the saddle and parent the rider to it. ... Btw I'm impressed, you're making some pretty advanced stuff! ... Is the horse animation keyframed in timeline or aniblock?

Oh! Thank you for the reminder about nodes (and also nulls) ... I toyed with those briefly in the past, now it is time for real use.

The horse was animated in keyframes with the Walking Actions for the horse. I am not aware of any aniblocks for the horse ... that would be nice if some site has them.

Have a good weekend.

• I recently bought The Philospher's DS water but haven't used it in an animation yet. I am wondering if I will be able to without super fastidious effort as I don't think DAZ Studio allows for physics that can be done via buoyancy equations for physics like Unity. Maybe I export the DAZ Water to Blender or Unity to use the physics engines.

The iReal Animated Water by Philosopher is nice to have - it is a 120 frame loop and does not take much effort to use. But I think you are correct in it not having any physics capabilities within DS. I just realized the use of the puppeteer feature would make rocking the boat a lot easier long term, I will probably try that myself.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

thats awesome

• Good day everyone, I have added the first of a series of sword training exercises that will be in the Knights Academy. Sadly, the Valiant clothing has a lot of issues with not morphing with the legs. The action also seems a little slow, I may need to speed it up. Any other suggestions?

Located at:  Sword Training in the Academy

• Good day everyone, I am back at it again. This time I am adding a science video - a quick look at a DNA strand. I actually designed this one myself in Hexagon. I will probably try to make a better version someday, so suggestions on how to do this are welcome. Movie is located at: WIP-DNAstrand .

dnahexstrand730 copy.jpg
    730 x 822 - 191K

Good day everyone, I am back at it again. This time I am adding a science video - a quick look at a DNA strand. I actually designed this one myself in Hexagon. I will probably try to make a better version someday, so suggestions on how to do this are welcome. Movie is located at: WIP-DNAstrand .

Cool! Looking forward to seeing more:)

edited February 2019

I have been away from animating for awhile because of publishing. But now I have time for animating again. Here is a test piece for my seminar. A ship sailing out of port in the morning light. Located at:

edited April 2019

I have been away for awhile. Time to catch up. Also, I started a youtube channel to make things easier. This video is practing some nighttime techniques. Located at:

I recently purchased Fluidos ... this Dragon Fire is my first serious practice attempt. I think I am going to have a lot of fun with this. Located at:

I am starting a new series based on the American Southwest Frontier Town. This animation pans out on an empty street and then pans in with an active street. Located at:  Pi Man Youtube .

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You are really coming along with your animations well done!