How to make Genesis eyes blink? And how to move keyframes?

3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi! Is there a quick way to make the genesis eyes blink?

In the past I put a keyframe 3 frames before I wanted his eyes closed and then 3 frames after.

Also, how do I quickly move keyframes in the Animate2 window or Timeline window? Shift, CTRL and ALT do not work to drag them and move.

Thanks!!

;-P

Comments

• 3dsamm3dsamm Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

And how do you add blank keyframes to the Animate2 timeline? I currently have some keys that are just 5 keyframes apart and I need to move them along another 5..

..would be good if I can do this for several bodyparts (Im guessing this is a Gepetto feature not supported for DS4 Pro..?)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

3dsamm said:
    And how do you add blank keyframes to the Animate2 timeline? I currently have some keys that are just 5 keyframes apart and I need to move them along another 5..

..would be good if I can do this for several bodyparts (Im guessing this is a Gepetto feature not supported for DS4 Pro..?)

can't you just move the aniBlock over .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    3dsamm said:

hi! sorry shoulda said, im using the studio keys, havent converted it into an aniBlock..

actually thats another question, if i convert the studio keys into an aniBlock, can I convert an aniBlock back into studio keys? perhaps that is one way around this?

:P

edited December 1969

3dsamm said:
    Hi! Is there a quick way to make the genesis eyes blink?

In the past I put a keyframe 3 frames before I wanted his eyes closed and then 3 frames after.

Also, how do I quickly move keyframes in the Animate2 window or Timeline window? Shift, CTRL and ALT do not work to drag them and move.

Thanks!!

;-P

make a aniBlock and add it to a layer - thats how aniMate + did it ( it had blink and other stuff ).

edited December 1969

3dsamm said:
    bigh said:
    3dsamm said:

hi! sorry shoulda said, im using the studio keys, havent converted it into an aniBlock..

actually thats another question, if i convert the studio keys into an aniBlock, can I convert an aniBlock back into studio keys? perhaps that is one way around this?

:P

yes - right click on aniMate timeline - you can go both ways .

edited December 1969

thankyou.. my character has a prop in his hands and when i convert the genesis to an aniblock the prop moves out of his hand.. what can i do?

edited December 1969

3dsamm said:
    thankyou.. my character has a prop in his hands and when i convert the genesis to an aniblock the prop moves out of his hand.. what can i do?

add it after .

edited June 2012

no i have figured out whats wrong.. i need to purchase animat2 now as i only have the lite version.. i will need to do that tomorrow as i cannot use animat2 constraints and im guessing some other features i need.. damn!

i cant add subtracks either (not that I have played with these yet)

..and it appears i cannot even edit the aniBlock - double clicking does nothing :(

So is this what I need to purchase - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/animate2/ ..just double checking in case I buy the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Post edited by 3dsamm on
    edited December 1969

yes thats it - have fun

edited June 2012

Ive downloaded it but it says its for DS3.. is there a more up to date one for DS4 does anyone know?

*edit* sorted - found fabulous carnites' post in an old forum for someone else who had the same problem as me - purchased animate2, got an error for DS3 installation path.. then carnite explains that you just enter the seriel number in My Account.. and it works.. not sure why I needed to download anything in that case but ah well it works :D

*edit2* dont need to download animate2 plugin for DS4 as it already comes with the trial, if you buy it like i just did you just add seriel

..hopefully this helps someone else like me who goes into software like a bull in a china shop

hehehehe %-P

Post edited by 3dsamm on