Beta - Where did these options go?

Hi there 

I dont see this in the beta:

Thanks

Mic

Comments

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017

Custom planes have moved to the scene properties.

Growing selections and converting faces to edges, etc are accessed by right-clicking in the work area.

I don't remember where pivoting got moved to. Maybe right-clicking as well.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • They weren't moved there, they have always been there as well.  I still think they shouldn't be removed up top. 

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Even in 2.0 that was only there as a remnant and disappeared as soon as you collapsed and re-opened the top palette. Good to see that that's finally been cleaned up

edited December 2017

They weren't moved there, they have always been there as well.  I still think they shouldn't be removed up top. 

You have never used Hexagon 1.2.1 then, which didn't have the right-click menus where they later got moved to.

• This must be a bug so I've reported it to Tech Support.

• Ascania said:

Even in 2.0 that was only there as a remnant and disappeared as soon as you collapsed and re-opened the top palette. Good to see that that's finally been cleaned up

It does come back if you choose window normal. 

Yeah, this is totally a bug. We need this menu back for advanced users. 

edited December 2017

I've never seen them in 2.x, using any of the window modes.

• I just tried it with Normal Window and the tools have not come back for me :(

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Yeah, this is totally a bug. We need this menu back for advanced users. 

No, we don't. The avanced users have no problems using these tools from where they have been migrated to or via keyboard shortcut.

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167
    Ascania said:

No, we don't. The avanced users have no problems using these tools from where they have been migrated to or via keyboard shortcut.

Speak for yourself. I'm sometimes stuck with using a touchpad on a laptop, with no easy way to "right-click". Optional ways to access tools is always better than having someone else decide you must do it their way.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2018

Sorry, I feel the same way as Ascania. They changed the UI with before 2.5, they put those options else where (probably to make things less cluttered). If you feel you need them just add them to your custom palette.

Personally, I use short-cut keys and the custom palette and very rarely go hunting for tools.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on