For those looking for more clothes for the gents

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
edited December 2017 in The Commons

City Dweller for G3 Female looks pretty good on G8 Male (here on Michael 8). It's the only reason I bought it ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    AllenArt said:

City Dweller for G3 Female looks pretty good on G8 Male (here on Michael 8). It's the only reason I bought it ;)

Laurie

I thought of the men when I saw this. By the way, under What's Included and Features there's a "club" listed. Did you find a club? I don't see one in the promos.

• L'Adair said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I thought of the men when I saw this. By the way, under What's Included and Features there's a "club" listed. Did you find a club? I don't see one in the promos.

There's no sign of it in the installed files.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thank you, that does look good on a guy.  Buying it for that reason alone!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

No, I can't find any club.

Laurie

• Oh dear... Guess someone will have to file a ticket on that to find out if it's missing or an error on the store page.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2017

I just want to know what it is. Is it a golf club a baseball bat or what. I am curious now.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

Maybe it's "The Club" for locking your steering wheel while parked in the city. (But I  doubt it.)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Ahhh Laurie you READ MY MIND! lol I was totally thinking about creating a thread titled "Cross Dressing - Female Clothing on the Male Body" or some such, so that people who are lamenting lack of male clothing can get a list of some of the clothing that looks decent on the menfolk too. It's not a perfect solution to lack of male content, of course, but maybe it would help to A) inspire PAs to maybe create more male content and B) give people who mainly render males more options.

Can we keep this thread going and maybe make it such a thread? A place where people post renders of decent looking female content on the males? :)

the i13 Hoodie for G3F

i13 Hoodie for G3F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 548K

Space Welder suit for G3F

Space Welder for G3F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 347K
  • AllenArt said:

Space Welder suit for G3F

This is actually one I didn't buy because there was no male counterpart. Looks like I may have to change my mind, it looks ridiculously good in the chest area for an autofit.

Spacewelder was a negative for me because I found the chest did have some cleavage I could not scrub out.

Parched for G3F - goggles and face scarf. The boots look okay, the pants sort of look okay, but not the top...ymmv. That's all I have that looks okay from G3F

Parched for G3F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 698K
    edited December 2017

Spacewelder was a negative for me because I found the chest did have some cleavage I could not scrub out.

I think a quick pass with the smoothing brush in Hex and back and that could be smoothed out pretty well.

This is actually Ninja Keiko for Genesis 2 female. The top did NOT work out ;). Might look better with different materials.

Laurie

Ninja Keiko G2F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 313K

Vault Rustler pants and boots for G2F. Again, the shirt didn't look so good ;).

Laurie

Vault Rustler pants boots G2F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 336K
    edited December 2017

Streetwear SciFi Suit for G2F (Stonemason). It's up to your interpretation as to whether or not you think it looks too feminine. I think I'd personally be ok with it, but YMMV.

That's all I've got.

Laurie

Streetwear SciFi Suit for G2F.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 323K
    edited December 2017

Awesome thread, Laurie! :D

Here's Alicia Armor for G3F on G3M.

G3M - Elijah 7 w Alicia Armor.png
    800 x 800 - 397K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
    AllenArt said:

Vault Rustler pants and boots for G2F. Again, the shirt didn't look so good ;).

Laurie

OH! This looks GOOD! :D

edited December 2017

I'm finding that Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 male AND female stuff fits Genesis 8 male better than those things fit the Genesis 3 Male. I dunno if it's the quality of the clones or what. Most of my clothes from previous generations fit. I did not make wearable presets of those things with long coats, kilts, etc until I can figure out how to transfer the extra bones over if it's possible. But I've made presets of everything that doesn't have extra bones for now. Even most of the shoes fit.

Laurie

It would be awesome if someone would make a script for previous generation clothing conversion.

I tend to find G3m stuff is sometimes difficult to fit to G8M. And if it is made from Marvelous Designer even more chance of warping and tearing.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

Dforce offers some better avenues, if you can avoid the ‘splosions

edited December 2017

Chevaleresse Armor for G3F on G3M.

I love how this came out! :)

G3M - Elijah 7 w Chevaleresse Armor.png
    800 x 800 - 420K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited December 2017
    AllenArt said:

I'm finding that Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 male AND female stuff fits Genesis 8 male better than those things fit the Genesis 3 Male. I dunno if it's the quality of the clones or what. Most of my clothes from previous generations fit. I did not make wearable presets of those things with long coats, kilts, etc until I can figure out how to transfer the extra bones over if it's possible. But I've made presets of everything that doesn't have extra bones for now. Even most of the shoes fit.

Laurie

I'll have to try the clothing fits on G8M. I've not used G8M much (I only have two G8M characters that I like, and Elijah 7 is my favorite male that I own, so I tend to use him a lot lol). But I'll test it out and see about the G8M fits. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • It would be awesome if someone would make a script for previous generation clothing conversion.

I tend to find G3m stuff is sometimes difficult to fit to G8M. And if it is made from Marvelous Designer even more chance of warping and tearing.

Fit it like this, almost always works beautifully: http://fav.me/dbctz9t

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited February 2018

The Swashbuckler outfit for G2F translates pretty to G3F and G3M, although it takes a particular kind of male character to make it look good (Javier Michael's Isamu here). The open shirt morphs don't translate well of course, and you may want to darken the textures or replace them with shaders. I'm not into men in drag, but this is a nice "unisex" outfit for adventurers.

IsamuSwashbuckler.png
    567 x 811 - 341K
    Post edited by Odaa on