Filter Forge Upgrade on DAZ Purchase

Does anybody know if Filter Forge purchased from DAZ can be upgraded?  Their website says all registered versions of FilterForge 6 can be upgraded to FilterForge7 for free.  But when I tried it, it said the License Key was an invalid format.

Comments

• I think you may misreading the page - I have FF6, upgraded from 5 or 4 bought at Daz, and the upgrade to 7 is not free.

• Maybe it's the "registered copy" part that's confusing.  But it sure looks like it.  See attached image.

2017-12-26_19-01-15.jpg
    773 x 148 - 32K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited December 2017

Maybe it's the "registered copy" part that's confusing.  But it sure looks like it.  See attached image.

Look again. It says you can upgrade, which is true; but it does not say the upgrade is free. There is an upgrade price on the website and your username and serial number should work for that. Click the blue 'Upgrade" button for pricing

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • <head smack>  Talk about seeing what you want to see....laugh

• Hi sandman_max. yes, upgrade to Filter Forge 7 is not free. You can upgrade your copy for sure, if you have any problems with it contact our support team via https://www.filterforge.com/contact/

edited December 2017

Hi sandman_max. yes, upgrade to Filter Forge 7 is not free. You can upgrade your copy for sure, if you have any problems with it contact our support team via https://www.filterforge.com/contact/

Hi Jane:

I do notice on your website that the current discounted price of FF 7 Pro is significantly less than the current upgrade prirce for FF 6 Pro to FF 7 Pro

At the time I purchased FF 6 Pro at DAZ there was a note on your website  to purchase FF 6 Pro and receive FF 7 Pro free when it was released; but I presume that was only for copies of FF 6 Pro that were purchased through your website.

• At the time I purchased FF 6 Pro at DAZ there was a note on your website  to purchase FF 6 Pro and receive FF 7 Pro free when it was released; but I presume that was only for copies of FF 6 Pro that were purchased through your website.

Hi Charlie Judge, not exactly. If you purchased Filter Forge 6 on October 20th or later you can get your free Filter Forge 7 upgrade. Even if you purchased it here. The only difference is that we can issue upgrade automatically only for people who got Filter Forge from our site. That is why you should contact our support team via https://www.filterforge.com/contact/ and just ask them for Filter Forge 7 upgrade.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

edited December 2017

At the time I purchased FF 6 Pro at DAZ there was a note on your website  to purchase FF 6 Pro and receive FF 7 Pro free when it was released; but I presume that was only for copies of FF 6 Pro that were purchased through your website.

Hi Charlie Judge, not exactly. If you purchased Filter Forge 6 on October 20th or later you can get your free Filter Forge 7 upgrade. Even if you purchased it here. The only difference is that we can issue upgrade automatically only for people who got Filter Forge from our site. That is why you should contact our support team via https://www.filterforge.com/contact/ and just ask them for Filter Forge 7 upgrade.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

Thanks, Jane: you just made my day.  I purchased Filter Forge 6 pro here at DAZ on 23 October 2017 and have now submitted my request.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also

• Wow. what a fast response from support. I now have FF7 Pro installed and registered. Thanks for such great service.

• @Charlie Judge, I'm happy to hear that I made you a little bit happier :)

Happy New Year and Happy new Filter Forge!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510

Nice to see Filter Forge around here too ;-)
    I've been using it since 2.0 (First OS X version), a great program.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

too bad, I purchased mine october 6

• too bad, I purchased mine october 6

Yeah, Oct 7 for me.  Guess I'll uninstall FF7.