creating cube without mouse

creating cube without using the mouse

is this possible ?

only with typing the numbers ?

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

I have to click an origin or start point in the display first with the mouse, then can use Tab key to enter dimensions. It seems entering the origin point in the same way should work without the mouse, but as far as I can tell the mouse has to be used to set origin.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    cdordoni said:

I have to click an origin or start point in the display first with the mouse, then can use Tab key to enter dimensions. It seems entering the origin point in the same way should work without the mouse, but as far as I can tell the mouse has to be used to set origin.

I don't. I just hit TAB and can then set the origin numerically.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

will try thx ascania

there seem to be 2 ways getting a primitive into the scene

with clicking you get all the options

with just dragging you do not

is there a way to get those options after dragging say a sphere into the scene ?

like center/basis /number of points etc ?

Ascania said:
    cdordoni said:

did you drag it into the scene ?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    Ruphuss said:
    Ascania said:
    cdordoni said:

did you drag it into the scene ?

Nope. That would defeat the purpose of the exercise of doing it woithout mouse. Use a keyboard shortcut.

Ascania said:
    cdordoni said:

That's strange, I would expect that to work for me as well, but anytime I enter the origin points without clicking first with the mouse, the cube does not generate. I enter the value for the origin, accept , then the size request comes up, enter the value, then accept, then nothing results.

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017

Works for me using just "C" for shortcut, to create the cube, and then TABing/ENTER only to input values for position/size. I just had to turn off relative mode first. Never had to touch the mouse to make the cubes. I'm pressing ENTER for the Apply button. I'm guessing the Accept button would work as well.

NOTE: Editing the first field for Height or Radius will create a Form0 in your Scene Tree. TABing through that field may not create a Form0 object for your scene.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on

Works for me using just "C" for shortcut, to create the cube, and then TABing/ENTER only to input values for position/size. I just had to turn off relative mode first. Never had to touch the mouse to make the cubes. I'm pressing ENTER for the Apply button. I'm guessing the Accept button would work as well.

NOTE: Editing the first field for Height or Radius will create a Form0 in your Scene Tree. TABing through that field may not create a Form0 object for your scene.

Thanks, got it now ... I was leaving the position at the default 0,0,0 .  As soon as I entered a different value it worked, then I could change the value back to 0,0,0.

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017
    cdordoni said:

Thanks, got it now ... I was leaving the position at the default 0,0,0 .  As soon as I entered a different value it worked, then I could change the value back to 0,0,0.

Maybe DAZ can remove the check that looks at the height/radius values changing first before creating a Form0 in the scene? I'm thinking the Form0 should be created before the origin values are even assigned. But, chicken or the egg thing with these GUIs.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on