A couple of my recent works and a big thanks to Raiya

Firstly a big thanks to Raiya. I recently bought Marigold and Lainey for Victoria 8. I'd been looking for some better skin textures since I'm too lazy to paint them andI don't think I'm that skilled. The normal and bump maps with those two models are fantastic. I built a brand new skin shader using those textures for Octane. These following two are my new fanarts I did using those textures.

This is Widowmaker

This is Mercy. This one was an experiment at rendering through a prism with dispersion. There's no photoshop. It took almost 7 hours to render on 2 GTX 1080s but I really like the final result.

regards

Rohan

Comments

• EotaEota Posts: 9

Whoa!  You really made the most of them!   Your use of textures in the clothing really complements the skins, as well, and that beautiful golden hazel of Widowmaker's eyes looks spectacular with the blue.  Dazzling depth of field.  From (very roughly) the twenties through the forties, there was a strong emphasis in film on the actors and actresses themselves, because never before had wide audiences had a chance to really admire famous and beautiful people on such an intimate scale as the big screen, so you would often see long, lovingly-framed, and dreamily-lit close-up shots of especially the actresses, with a truly artistic level of care taken to them.  For the audience, it was like getting to see the beauty of a renaissance painting so close you could see the brushstrokes, but living and breathing in front of you.  Your attention to the lighting and expressions really reminds me of that era and style of filmmaking in a very excellent way, with a colourful and vivid modern twist!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Rohan, beautiful work! I love the layered style on the second one, they all add to the beauty and don't distract from each other. Nicely done! 

• Hi,

EotA, thank you so much for the kind words. :)

I’m primarily a lighting artist. One of reasons I love Daz is that I can practice my lighting on human figures. I’ve been trying to improve my lighting recently by looking at a lot of photography , portraits and night time photography and trying to follow those techniques in Daz and Houdini which is my primary software. Once again thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate them.

Novica, glad you liked the second one. I recently saw some photographs that were shot through a prism and I really wanted to recreate that look. It’s great for adding reflections and chromatic aberration. Takes a long time to render but the look is really great. 

I’m attaching a few test renders I’d done for rendering through a prism. It’s not very complicated. Just model a simple prism. Give it glass shader and some dispersion. Then parent it to the camera and play with it’s location.

regards

Rohan

C483A279-4ADD-409E-B47F-2FFBCFDA67E2.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 234K
    A4FDBCDD-3768-438F-BF3F-9642646C490E.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 253K
    B9BDA210-D72C-4414-B851-71443F7E2BE7.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 234K
  • ChameoChameo Posts: 306

They're all absolutely gorgeous, but I really love the prismed one. I'm definitely going to have to play with your technique and see what I can do with it.

• RaiyaRaiya Posts: 87

Wow Rohan, thank you for creating such stunning images with my products :)