Make Your Most Realistic Renders – Ever!

1141516171820»

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2017

missed this thread, I like the heading smiley so I have thought to start with a quick comparison between a carrara render (a) and an unbiased one (b); apart the water the render time is comparable; no postwork for either of them

a.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 980K
    b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

Is it just me? I like them both the same - perhaps I like the water a bit better in the Carrara render. Are the render times nearly comparible even though the Carrara render is twice the size?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Both look great - while there are subtle differences, overall they look pretty close.

Is it just me? I like them both the same - perhaps I like the water a bit better in the Carrara render. Are the render times nearly comparible even though the Carrara render is twice the size?

thanks both

yes, the time is pretty the same (around 11 mins, i7 6700 and 1080 gpu) but lighting is different as you can see (hdri for unbiased, no hdri for carrara), water is a bit transparent in carrara, while in prorender for blender is only reflective; I'm not yet accustomed with prorender though but seems to have great potential, not fast as other unbiased but promising; each one need to be adjusted a bit but carrara is easier to tweak both in lighting and shading smiley

• i like the carrara version a bit more natural but both looks pretty nice, maybe a mix of both would look pretty interesting.

edited December 2017

thank you Chris, I've taken into account your suggestion and made slight adjustments; here a brighter version, provia filter applied in post

c.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • thank you Chris, I've taken into account your suggestion and made slight adjustments; here a brighter version, provia filter applied in post

This looks great! :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223

thank you Chris, I've taken into account your suggestion and made slight adjustments; here a brighter version, provia filter applied in post

This looks great! :)

+1!!! yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

well this whole thread is a an 'how to' all in its self. 

it makes so much difference adjusting the gamma

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

So handy, the best I have done is get a 6 hour render down to three minutes ... it’s great to fiddle with stuff 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Yes I have just finished 25 images at 8500 by 5300 pixels and the average render time was a cup of coffee :)