Red eyes and crack on the forehead - Solved

Dax AvalangeDax Avalange Posts: 340
edited February 2018 in New Users

Hello everyones,

This is my first time to write on this Daz forum about a strange thing happening and driving me crazy. Built my new PC with EVGA nVidia GFX 1060 SSC 4 Gb memory onboard, all new! (I'm electronic technician).

Question is, I'm rendering on iRay 1 character G3F (with custom face morph I made) , Stonemason buildings, camera, iRay dome and one spot for key light. So, If I render using "speed" in the optimization setup I get a perfect rendering but some forehead crack, if I remove the hair everything is ok, no more crack. Then, if I render using "memory", I get more crack on the forehead and ... tada... eye mosture like a demon! Seems like change textures fitting bad. Hiding everything but the eyes I see, under "memory", like a strange texture not perfectly fit.

Strange is, if I reset the pose or I start with a fresh character G3F, working perfect"memory" and "speed".

Here attached samples (don't take care about bad quality, I stopped rendering in few minutes to take a shot)

Happening to somebody else?

Thanks

Max-S

Post edited by Dax Avalange on

Comments

• In the previous pics I used Karen7 iRay materials for skin. In this new pic I'm using Jeane ALL MAT, basic Genesis 3 Female material. I don't know if it's iRay material but working well. Then I will find the cause of the Karen 7 material bug.

• sounds like the wrong UV projection

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

This might be a problem with the hair cap intersecting with the character and causing these artifacts. I’ve seen it before in certain lighting and especially if the character is a distance from the world center. If you render without the hair does the problem go away? If so, sometimes adjusting the hair fit will help. If the character is far from the world center, perhaps try a render at thedefault load position and see if that solves the issue. 

• th3Digit, I thought also, but when I rendering in speed optimization everything goes well. Redz, this is a good idea too, and yes without hair everything is ok, but right now I placed in the same scene a new base character G3F, then I copied all the parameters about pose, morphs, cloths etc, from the original character, I didn't change the skin materials (I used the base Jeane materials) and everything is perfect, no crack, no red eyes nothing. Now I want to try to change Karen7 skin with basic materials also onto the original character. I dont understand why the Karen7 skin do this strange artifact. Anyway I will chek out the hair adjust and textures. Thank you guys!

Curiosity, how to place the new character in the same place of the original, pivot is different cause the original is on the roof, the new one is on the ground (the grid). P.S., pivot are different!

Here the preview render of the character

(this pic is the illustration of "Eva Kant Crown of Zarina)

• Redz about the lights as you told before, she has a spot pointed on the face cause its a backlite scene. (building roof, buildings and sun on her back . So, do you think its a light/camera problem? She's not on the ground, in effect she's on a roof, so hgher than the 0 grid. I will take a look at this tip too. Thanks!

• Dax AvalangeDax Avalange Posts: 340
    edited December 2017

Redz that's exactly it! The altitude! Well, the Stonemason buildings are really tall and placed all around the grid, a bit out of it. In the frame Eva Kant is on the top of a building roof. So I did an experiment, character on the ground, works perfectly, character on the roof forehead crack and red demon eyes! So ... now the height must be simulated remain on the ground, like ... shorten buildings! Ahaha! Anyway, there's a solution how to put a character on the roof avoid that bugs? Thanks for the tip! You are great guys!

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    MAX-S said:

Redz that's exactly it! The altitude! Well, the Stonemason buildings are really tall and placed all around the grid, a bit out of it. In the frame Eva Kant is on the top of a building roof. So I did an experiment, character on the ground, works perfectly, character on the roof forehead crack and red demon eyes! So ... now the height must be simulated remain on the ground, like ... shorten buildings! Ahaha! Anyway, there's a solution how to put a character on the roof avoid that bugs? Thanks for the tip! You are great guys!

Perhaps if you select everything in the scene, then create a group, and you can y translate the group to move the entire scene until the character is in place. The iray sky dome can be y translated in the render settings if necessary.  

• Dax AvalangeDax Avalange Posts: 340
    edited December 2017

Redz!!! Ahaha, incredible, we thinks both at the same time! What you said is exactly what I've done when I wrote the post above!!!!!  I put scene all in a group then centered it on the grid and move down almost close to the ground the group, before all the character. Now is perfect! thanks again for the tip guy!

• Thank you SO MUCH! I have battled this problem so many times! Now I shan't again :) Thank you again :)

• You're welcome! :D

• The red eye problem is solved. Just go to eyesmoisture and change the Base Mixing property to Weighted