Fuzzy Thin Proper Baby Hair

carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Does anybody know where I can find a good baby hair to use with the new baby for Genesis8 Female?The poor thing doesn't look right wearing adult hair ......

Post edited by carrie58 on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I did see that one but like the adult hairs it feels to heavy thick to me ,all 3 of my kids had peach fuzz until they were 9-10 months old ,so I'm looking for thin wispy baby hair but thank you DayWalker

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562
    edited December 2017

AprilYSH had a free baby hair for the Mil 3 baby that you might be able to use. You can find it at her freebie site here.

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017

Try the master skull cap hair by 3dream at Rendo.

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 790
    edited December 2017

Crazy, I was just looking in the shop for the same thing! Thanks Phoenix for the heads up. And thanks Alliekatblue, I have the master skull cap and will see what I can do.

edit to add: I do like how Markus Hair (G3M) looks on the baby. I've used it recently, and on the Genesis Baby found in the store here. It's perhaps still too thick, but I really like it's brushed back, sparse look for infants. Maybe playing around with transparency can make it more ideal? I use the morph/adjust sliders to pull the hair flat as much as I can and smooth it out.

https://www.daz3d.com/markus-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on

Thank you Phoenix1966 ,I think I might have that one buried somewhere in my runtime ....ALLIEKATBLUE I will go look for that one .. thank you for the link on the markus hair GlennWebb honestly from the promo I'd have never thought of that one .....

• I would link to my gallery, but it just doesn't seem...fitting? polite? haha so I'll try to upload a few cropped images. The first one is Gen8 Baby, the 2nd is Genesis Baby. Both use Markus hair. Like I said, perhaps it's not perfect, but some infants do have a head of hair. I think it has a decent softness to it. Not quite what I was looking for, but my attempts at creating my own baby hair were just utterly ridiculous.

baby1.jpg
    784 x 622 - 487K
    Baby2.jpg
    650 x 589 - 297K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2017
    GlenWebb said:

I would link to my gallery, but it just doesn't seem...fitting? polite? haha so I'll try to upload a few cropped images. The first one is Gen8 Baby, the 2nd is Genesis Baby. Both use Markus hair. Like I said, perhaps it's not perfect, but some infants do have a head of hair. I think it has a decent softness to it. Not quite what I was looking for, but my attempts at creating my own baby hair were just utterly ridiculous.

Wow! Awesome results! That first one is amazing! What baby did you use? You said it's "Gen8 baby", do you mean the one that Sixus1 released?

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited December 2017

Very nice Glenn I'm wondering if a paler color on the hair would soften it a bit too but very nice  ,DivaMakeup check out the Rosie for the Genesis8 baby by Sixus1 she is lovely!!

Mod edit    Unsolicited Off Site Commercial links removed

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2017
    carrie58 said:

Very nice Glenn I'm wondering if a paler color on the hair would soften it a bit too but very nice  ,DivaMakeup check out the Rosie for the Genesis8 baby by Sixus1 she is lovely!!

Mod edit    Unsolicited Off Site Commercial links removed

Rosie looks really cute. But I think Amanda is ADORABLE! Amanda might actually make me buy he Sixus1 baby. lol 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Just to say you can take any fibremesh hair and subdivide by 1-2 and add a smoothing modifier (start at 2) to get much finer hair.

To me all other hair looks painted...

• GlenWebb said:

I would link to my gallery, but it just doesn't seem...fitting? polite? haha so I'll try to upload a few cropped images. The first one is Gen8 Baby, the 2nd is Genesis Baby. Both use Markus hair. Like I said, perhaps it's not perfect, but some infants do have a head of hair. I think it has a decent softness to it. Not quite what I was looking for, but my attempts at creating my own baby hair were just utterly ridiculous.

Wow! Awesome results! That first one is amazing! What baby did you use? You said it's "Gen8 baby", do you mean the one that Sixus1 released?

Yes, Diva, that is the Sixus baby. I tried morphing it down a little more to try to get as close to newborn as I could, even shrinking down the Y axis on the head and modeling an umbilical nub on her little belly. haha Les Garner did an amazing job on her though. So glad we have an updated little babe.

And yes, Carrie, I never thought of trying a paler shade. I was aiming for black, but maybe a lighter gray transparency with an adjusted cutout map applied would give it a softer touch. Or just playing with the transparency dials. 

• I just got Amanda today she is cute

I just got Amanda today she is cute

Oh nice! I Hope you post renders of her. :D

• you mean I did not have proper baby hair?

damnit

Wendy was born with thick dark hair and presented to Mum with a pink bow

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited January 10
    shavedpopup07-daz3d_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 258K
    dragon 3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 315K
    dragon 4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 349K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited December 2017

Wendy ....no your hair was not proper baby hair ......I'm sorry it should have been thin wispy and pale so your mother would have had to tape a bow to your head to be proper baby hair .......I really am sorry but that's just the way it is .......ROTFLMAO!!!!!

When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter my next door neighbor was pregnant too she had her baby 2 weeks after I had mine ,and the baby was beautiful had a full head of hair jet black looked like it had already been cut into a bob , I looked at my beautiful bald baby with the bow TAPED to her head and then accused my neighbor of putting her baby in a wig ......she asked if I wanted one ...we laughed our butts off

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

You might take a look at Riccardo Hair here at Daz3d, too. 

edited December 2017

Phoenix1966 ,Riccardo hair might work really well with a bit ofpost work I think thank you very much .

Jasmine I have to say the shaved hair wouldn't work for me ,stubble is hard to make fine and wispy .....but thank you for the suggestion

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

This was testing some old gen3 clothing on Luna. The hair is AprilYSH's Blaine hair with transparency applied at something to some subgroups.

Luna--Cupcake.jpg
    721 x 933 - 358K

Very nice JOdel hmmm I wonder if I have that hair ...treasure hunt time!!

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

This might be of interest to Angel-Wings. I believe she said she was having trouble finding appropriate hair for her GF8 baby characters.

I'd love to know what hair was used in her promos for Amanda for the Sixus1 baby .....

carrie58 said:

I'd love to know what hair was used in her promos for Amanda for the Sixus1 baby .....

One looks like Tra La La hair: https://www.daz3d.com/tra-la-la-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

carrie58 said:

If you read to the bottom on the description tab, it lists:

Tra La La Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    Short Pigtails for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    Honey Crisp Hair by Propschick

Well color me blind!! Thank you Divamakeup and Phoenix1966 ,,,,,,I could've sworn I read the whole description ........okay now I'm gonna swear my brain has left the building  ......

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited September 2018

I just bought baby Luna off that other site and she is as bald as an egg

need a hair so sought out this thread again

this is me as a baby BTW

IMG_20140503_0001_NEW.jpg
    3172 x 2516 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

This is what I think of for wispy baby hair.  It looks just like my youngest sons' hair when he was a baby.  Kind of wild and stuck up everywhere, and it was red!

Not sure if there's any hair like this out there in the 3d world, but for someone with skills, would it be hard to model?

red haired baby.jpg
    770 x 657 - 83K
  • sapat said:

This is what I think of for wispy baby hair.  It looks just like my youngest sons' hair when he was a baby.  Kind of wild and stuck up everywhere, and it was red!

Not sure if there's any hair like this out there in the 3d world, but for someone with skills, would it be hard to model?

Redz has a Fibremesh hair like this on Rendo, or it may be on her. Fibremesh is great because you can subdivide it or add a smoothing modifier to make it finer. You can also pump up the translucency to get that very wispy fine look. I'm surprised no one has posted am example.