Poser 11 / Poser 11 Pro is on big sale now

Poser 11 / Poser 11 Pro is on big sale now, especially if you own prior version. I own Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev and so will be upgrading to Poser Pro 11 for $49.95 for sure. You also get major update Poser Pro 11.1 free when it's ready with that upgrade.

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094

Got a link?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    wwes said:

Got a link?

It's not allowed. Just search for Poser 11 Pro in a browser and any decent search engine will bring up the highest probability for the site you need to purchase.

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167

Yeah. I just upgrade from Poser 2014 to Poser 11 for $49.95.

• Thanks for the heads up - I got mine !

The same "upgrade to Poser Pro 11 from Poser 6 or later for $49.95" offer is still there, both at SM and CP.

edited December 2017

Thanks for the heads up - I got mine !

The same "upgrade to Poser Pro 11 from Poser 6 or later for $49.95" offer is still there, both at SM and CP.

Yes, Poser 11.1 with 3D Animated Path following, other features, and a v2 for Pauline & Paul is going to be released 18 December 2017 too. It's a great deal!

And they are giving away tutorials that usually cost money, 4GB of tutorial video free with upgrade or purchase of Poser 11 so don't forget to get yours.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167

I didn't get the free tutorial video with my upgrade. I just emailed Smith Micro and see what they can do about it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

p&p for a physical copy to the UK are quite reasonable

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

...from Poser 9 to Poser 11.1 Pro for 49.95?  surprise

• Chohole said:

Be aware that UK Post/Customs might whack an extra fee on top of the p&p - they did that to my copy of Poser 8 in 2012 - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2837997&#msg3949008 . The upfront cost was $39.99 for Poser 8, plus $10 USPS shipping which was fine. But an extra £13.18 was charged in the UK (£5.18 VAT plus £8.00 'Royal Mail International Handling Fee')

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:

Be aware that UK Post/Customs might whack an extra fee on top of the p&p - they did that to my copy of Poser 8 in 2012 - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2837997&#msg3949008 . The upfront cost was $39.99 for Poser 8, plus $10 USPS shipping which was fine. But an extra £13.18 was charged in the UK (£5.18 VAT plus £8.00 'Royal Mail International Handling Fee')

The receipt does state that the price includes VAT, so maybe SM have got a better handle on it

Back when I lived in Zurich & ordered Poser they used to ship it UPS and so I didn't have to bother with customs from SwissPost. I did have to go way up across town to the UPS offices to pick it up though. That never made sense to me, I thought UPS is in the business of delivering packages, not sitting around waiting for you to come pick them up.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2017

I've noticed that at Renderosity they have an end date of 25 December for the "Upgrade to Poser Pro 11 for $49.95" offers, so I'm guessing that date will be the same at Smith Micro / Content Paradise. Edit: SM / CP end dates are different - see below

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

I've noticed that at Renderosity they have an end date of 25 December for the "Upgrade to Poser Pro 11 for $49.95" offer, so I'm guessing that date will be the same at Smith Micro / Content Paradise.

No, on the Smith Micro / Content paradise sites I remember reading that the sale and the opportunity to upgrade from all prior version of Poser ends on January 18th, 2018

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2017

These special discount end dates are always confusing - at http://my.smithmicro.com ; it says that the $49.95 upgrade offer expires December 31st 2017 (also says that on the "Poser Version 11.1 is Here! Upgrade Today for $49.95!" email a few days ago)

At Content Paradise once you've found Poser 11.1 (normal price $349.99, discounted price $209.99) and then found and selected the appropriate upgrade for $49.95 from the drop-down, the sale end date is shown top right of the page in red as "End on" followed by a blank space...

No mention of January 18th at SM or CP as far as I can see.

*I didn't make that a link - I just typed the URL and the forum software turned it into a link. I can never remember which of the darn forums do that, and which require you to explicitly define a URL as a hyperlink. I suppose that removing the http:// and leaving my.smithmicro.com would be okay ? Because to see the actual end date for the offer at SM it appears that you have to use a specific URL. Not poser.smithmicro.com because that redirects to my.smithmicro.com/poser-3d-animation-software.html from where you have to click the "Poser Pro 11 Learn More" which takes you to my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11.html where you need to click the 'Upgrades' tab,  and it just uses the phrase "...and for a limited time". So you need to go to just my.smithmicro.com to actually see the end date. Unless that end date's wrong.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2017

These special discount end dates are always confusing - at http://my.smithmicro.com ; it says that the $49.95 upgrade offer expires December 31st 2017 (also says that on the "Poser Version 11.1 is Here! Upgrade Today for $49.95!" email a few days ago)

At Content Paradise once you've found Poser 11.1 (normal price $349.99, discounted price $209.99) and then found and selected the appropriate upgrade for $49.95 from the drop-down, the sale end date is shown top right of the page in red as "End on" followed by a blank space...

No mention of January 18th at SM or CP as far as I can see.

*I didn't make that a link - I just typed the URL and the forum software turned it into a link. I can never remember which of the darn forums do that, and which require you to explicitly define a URL as a hyperlink. I suppose that removing the http:// and leaving my.smithmicro.com would be okay ? Because to see the actual end date for the offer at SM it appears that you have to use a specific URL. Not poser.smithmicro.com because that redirects to my.smithmicro.com/poser-3d-animation-software.html from where you have to click the "Poser Pro 11 Learn More" which takes you to my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11.html where you need to click the 'Upgrades' tab,  and it just uses the phrase "...and for a limited time". So you need to go to just my.smithmicro.com to actually see the end date. Unless that end date's wrong.

Oh, maybe because I own Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev I was given a longer period with with to upgrade? Or maybe they have since changed it to an earlier date but the day I bought the upgrade last week it said Jan 18th. I'm glad I didn't wait now.

Post edited by Chohole on