Paper Airplane and Puzzle pieces for DAZ?

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Odd requests...but does anyone know where I can get a paper airplane model for DAZ? I also thought I saw somewhere an image using puzzle pieces?

Thanks.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm sure I remember seeing a Pentominoes set in Poser format many moons ago, but now I can't remember where, and I'm fairly sure I don't have it in my huge store of freebie stuff.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

In another store's free section there are images made into working puzzles.

We can make our own too using the freeware for non-commercial or pro for commercial/larger pics [if I read the license right]

Click here for software homepage

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

We can make our own too using the freeware for non-commercial or pro for commercial/larger pics [if I read the license right]

Not exactly what I had in mind, but thank you. Really just trying to find 3d puzzle pieces and some kind of paper airplane model that I can use in DAZ itself. If not I will just have to resort to some really creative post work in Photoshop.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

You mean a paper plane like this?
    I've just put it on my deviantART page. Import it at 50% to get you started.
    http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Plane-1-368063338?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

PaperPlane01.jpg
    700 x 800 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

Not exactly what I had in mind, but thank you. Really just trying to find 3d puzzle pieces and some kind of paper airplane model that I can use in DAZ itself. If not I will just have to resort to some really creative post work in Photoshop.

Oh, for use "in" Daz Studio, sorry no haven't seen anything recently.

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    You mean a paper plane like this?
    I've just put it on my deviantART page. Import it at 50% to get you started.
    http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Plane-1-368063338?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

Ahhh! That is definitely a good start for me to work with! I will definitely give this a try and see the results. Naturally I will provide you credit for this!

Thank you!

edited December 1969

You mean a jigsaw like this?
    I've just put it on my deviantART page. You can change the image by one of your own of course.
    Forgot to scale it, so when importing, start with something like 400%. I suggest later to scale down on y to 40% or else it looks a bit to thick.
    http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Jigsaw-Puzzle-obj-368078716?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

I didn't model this puzzle, nor the paper plane, so don't give me credit. Just let me know if you have a problem.

Did you had another model of a paper airplane in mind?

JigSaw01.jpg
    700 x 630 - 125K
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    You mean a jigsaw like this?
    I've just put it on my deviantART page. You can change the image by one of your own of course.
    Forgot to scale it, so when importing, start with something like 400%. I suggest later to scale down on y to 40% or else it looks a bit to thick.
    http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Jigsaw-Puzzle-obj-368078716?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

I didn't model this puzzle, nor the paper plane, so don't give me credit. Just let me know if you have a problem.

Did you had another model of a paper airplane in mind?

Another really close item to what I am looking for. The puzzle pieces are too jagged though for what I want to do, but still workable. I would life a more traditional jigsaw piece.

I am also trying out the Paper Plane you sent right now. Ideally, since you asked, I would like a more traditional simple triangle type plane that most kids make (this one is a very advanced fighter jet type of origami) but beggars can't be choosers!

Thanks

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

The Puzzle Idea as a 3D item has kicked my left brain I Believe. I wish to play with the Idea now. Would a puzzle with shapes like this be more to your idea.

But with more RANDOM peaces of course.

Dark_S-Puzzle.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 473K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited April 2013

Jaderail said:
    The Puzzle Idea as a 3D item has kicked my left brain I Believe. I wish to play with the Idea now. Would a puzzle with shapes like this be more to your idea.

But with more RANDOM peaces of course.

Totally!!! I think you and I need to be in a think tank one day for DAZ items! LOL

The Golden Rules turned out amazing btw! I use it all the time now!

Post edited by Geminii23 on
    edited December 1969

Perhaps in this picture you will find the one you had in mind.
    On my deviantART page: http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Three-Paper-Planes-in-obj-format-368107103?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

I'm not good in Hexagon, but they pretty much import at 100% at world base.

ThreepaperPlanes.jpg
    700 x 700 - 68K
    edited April 2013

Geminii23 said:
    Totally!!! I think you and I need to be in a think tank one day for DAZ items! LOL

The Golden Rules turned out amazing btw! I use it all the time now!TY for the GR thing. I'm playing with the puzzle idea already. I might need to limit which peaces can be left out and used as seperate props. Ideas of just how much unfinished would help out as I play.

On my deviantART page: http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Three-Paper-Planes-in-obj-format-368107103?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

NICE FIND!! TY.

BIG EDIT: Nice JOB! I miss read.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:

Sweeet!!!! Downloading now!

Thanks

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    TY for the GR thing. I'm playing with the puzzle idea already. I might need to limit which peaces can be left out and used as seperate props. Ideas of just how much unfinished would help out as I play.

Hey JD,

Don't forget the little guys when you become rich and famous on all these plugins! LOL

Here are some ideas:

1. What I think would be cool, because duplicating nodes is so tedious and problematic, is to some how create like 4 or 5 variations on the individual shapes themselves
    2. Maybe some morphs for sizes. So you could do it in a way like setting the amount of puzzle pieces in a grid (like the age levels they use currently, the size and density of the puzzle gets smaller and more difficult)
    3. Maybe even some preset arrangements that have lots of them that you can then just hide segments as you choose if you want to make a render that isn't a completed puzzle.

But I don't know how difficult any of this is. So just throwing out ideas.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Hey JD,

Don't forget the little guys when you become rich and famous on all these plugins! LOL

Here are some ideas:

1. What I think would be cool, because duplicating nodes is so tedious and problematic, is to some how create like 4 or 5 variations on the individual shapes themselves
    2. Maybe some morphs for sizes. So you could do it in a way like setting the amount of puzzle pieces in a grid (like the age levels they use currently, the size and density of the puzzle gets smaller and more difficult)
    3. Maybe even some preset arrangements that have lots of them that you can then just hide segments as you choose if you want to make a render that isn't a completed puzzle.

But I don't know how difficult any of this is. So just throwing out ideas.

Thanks

LOL! I'm still new at this Prop thing and not even thinking in PA terms at this point. But here is where I'm headed I think.

1. 4 to 5 shapes is doable, I have a 2D generator for that part which I'm using to cut the mesh with.
    2. Morphing will not work for Different count puzzles but once I do one fully making others will be easy.
    3. I was thinking along those lines already. It will be the Texture's (using renders) that I need to think on more.

Do not expect this to be fast, I'm real good at crashing Hex when I think I understand things.
    edited December 1969

Aaah.... the children of today. Look how sweet they play with their Dinky Toys, their Meccano, their paper planes and their jigsaw puzzles.

This is a teaser; I know you want this.

Teaser.jpg
    700 x 525 - 162K
    edited December 1969

Well I was beat to the punch. Scrape one project. Good work.

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Aaah.... the children of today. Look how sweet they play with their Dinky Toys, their Meccano, their paper planes and their jigsaw puzzles.

This is a teaser; I know you want this.

Awesome job! yeah I would love to do some interesting renders using puzzles!

edited December 1969

Ready for download: http://tjeb.deviantart.com/art/Jigsaw-Puzzle-2-in-obj-format-368134444?q=gallery:tjeb&qo=0

Replace my beautiful toolgirls working on a jet engine by a texture of your own. Fair chance you have to re-adjust the aspect ratio.
    I didn't model this. I took however a quick look in Hexagon and was able to translate a few of the loose pieces.

edited December 1969

Hey Tjeb,

Thanks for all your assistance! I really appreciate you taking the time on that.

So for anyone interested in what I used that paper airplane for, here is the image I just finished (made this for the Sheer Greatness contest).

This one is called "Hot for Teacher"

Michelle-Hot-for-Teacher-1600.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 607K
    edited December 1969

ROTFLMAO!!! Great job, the teen girl (Crush much?) is just priceless.

edited December 1969

Well it's a cute render, but impossible to pick up a piece of paper off the floor wearing heels like and, from that position.
    Now, the next render would be priceless, yes?!
    Teacher fall down!

Cheers :-)

edited December 1969

Well it's a cute render, but impossible to pick up a piece of paper off the floor wearing heels like and, from that position.
    Now, the next render would be priceless, yes?!
    Teacher fall down!

Cheers :-)

Epic fail.

But...but...what if she is limber?

LOL!

Thanks for the critique! ;)

edited December 1969

Nice render. Glad I could help you.

About the jigsaw puzzle:
    In Blender I was able to translate the loose parts rather easy. Not so much in the part that is already finished.

edited December 1969

tjeb said:

About the jigsaw puzzle:
    In Blender I was able to translate the loose parts rather easy. Not so much in the part that is already finished.

Hey tjeb,

Thank you again for helping me out with the puzzle pieces in Blender. Just thought I would share my final image with you. Sorry it took so long! Would love to know your thoughts or critique!

I-Know-the-Pieces-Fit-1600.jpg
    1600 x 946 - 762K
    edited December 1969

Well I like it. That's kool :-)

edited December 1969

Looks great; nice effect.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    tjeb said:

About the jigsaw puzzle:

Hey tjeb,

Thank you again for helping me out with the puzzle pieces in Blender. Just thought I would share my final image with you. Sorry it took so long! Would love to know your thoughts or critique!

That is really neat looking. Quite a different take on the concept (ie drawings of people drawing themselves).

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Wow!
    And I thought MCE died in 1972.