Pre-sale Bryce Question

nathanialbentonnathanialbenton Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi everyone,
I'm looking at all of Daz3ds tools and wondering if anyone here can give me their opinion on which tool should be right for the job.

I'm looking to create a Hidden Object Game, and am wanting to pre-render some 3d scenes using one of the many tools Daz3d has to offer.

Most of the scenes will be indoors... Would Bryce be the be best tool for the job? Or would DazStudio do it?

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

You can use either but Bryce is only a 32 bit program and will only use 2 GB of Ram but you can increase this by using Large Address Aware software if you have over 3GB of Ram to start with Here is a thread about it http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10527/#150691

Whereas Daz Studio is both 32 bit and 64 bit sotware.

• nathanialbentonnathanialbenton Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    You can use either but Bryce is only a 32 bit program and will only use 2 GB of Ram but you can increase this by using Large Address Aware software if you have over 3GB of Ram to start with Here is a thread about it http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10527/#150691

Whereas Daz Studio is both 32 bit and 64 bit sotware.

Thanks for the reply!
    Do you see any advantages to using Bryce over DazStudio and vice versa? I'm trying to decide which one would be best for doing indoor type scenes, at the moment.

I appreciate the links as well :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

It depends who you ask, some prefer Bryce and some Daz Studio. This is one of those things that is hard to recommend to be honest as it is down to taste but saying that IMHO having used a lot of rendering software I would opt for Daz Studio for interiors as you can look through a some of the lights as if it was a camera so this makes setting up lighting a little easier than Bryce. Plus you have so much more content for Daz Studio, from the Store to choose from.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

I hate to say this, but I do tend to agree with Szark. OK you can create an interior scene yourself within Bryce, once you get used to using it, with primitives and boolean operations. However normally for complex interior scenes you would be preparing them in DS and using the bridge to transfer them to Bryce.

Bryce can do many things, has a superior render engine and great lighting set ups now, but it is not a modelling app per se, although Brycers do many things with it that are not mentioned on the box, so to speak. DS is also not a modelling app, but there are a great many more interior scenes available for it in the sotre than there are for Bryce. However with the briudge this need not be a set back, it will just take longer to prepare your scene as you need to set it up in one program and then send it to the other.

If you are starting from scratch then I would tend to say stick with DS for now, until you get used to using 3d software. Then boot Bryce up and have a play with Bryce. The only programs that you may find that are better than Bryce with outdoor scenes will be expensive programs.

Bryce takes a lot of beating

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

@nathanialbenton - I agree with chohole. For indoors, Bryce without Studio is not ideal. There are beautiful indoors available for Studio - though they come at a price. However, they are usually well worth the money. I use Studio only to get content over into Bryce, which has a fantastic render engine. If you're a beginner, no matter with what you start, there will be a learning curve.

• nathanialbentonnathanialbenton Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the input everyone! I'll start with DS, and put Bryce on temporary hold for a couple of days.

Bryce does look absolutely outstanding. I look forward to using both tools.