GoFigure is back with new aniBlocks!

One new pack in the store. These will work with Victoria 8/Genesis 8, and there are more videos on their YouTube channel showing more packs coming. They look good!

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133

Yes I almost fainted when I seen them in the store.. I wonder if that means there maybe a new update to Animate coming in the future?  we can always hope :)

• Someone on the forum was saying they were told an update for keyMate was coming out in January. Maybe they'll do more.

I don't know why they would bother with updating keymate first. graphmate is way more useful. Plus animate really needs a update, its like 10 years old. and could use some fixes with the IK issues along with adding or reconizing a hard surfaces for floor pinning, would be a great start. Keymate.. Ba Hum bug.  I can do the same things now with just animate so I never use it keymate,.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2017

Maybe they are doing all, just someone was talking about keyMate getting upgraded because they were interested in it. They have more aniBlocks coming from the videos on YouTube, so maybe they are doing more in general. I'm just happy they are back. Posermocap has a package coming out this month, too.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • Personally I'lI take whatever updates I can get for the tools, but aniblocks for G8 hold no appeal to me.  I use keymate all the time, so any updates to that wil be good for me. I can get everything I need done with puppeteer, keymate and the standard timeline. I don't even use animate2 anymore since I mastered keyframing by hand. I would like an improved puppeteer though, I would love to auto-sync between layers of different figures.

Yes I agree aniblocks for g8 does not hold much appeal to me either at the moment.  .But its just nice to see something new content from gofigure. , I'll stay positive that maybe some new animation tools will be out soon that will allow us to convert older animation files more easier for the new figures being released.   because until that timeline utility is developed I don't see me animating genesis 8 anytime soon either,  I have to huge of a library of BVH and older animation files that have cost me alot of $$$ over the year to build.  So I won't abandon those motion files for a new character.  luckily I got started early enough with daz  that I have enough content to last a life time so I can be picky.  so now days it really got to have a wow factor to get me interested.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited December 2017

I'd buy the rest of their aniblocks if all their existing aniblocks products where updated to work with G3/G8. I own quite a few of them but far from all of them. I won't repurchase conversions of existing aniBlocks unless they come out as updates to existing products or at Platinum Club prices.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • The ones I've seen look new.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I completely missedthat. Doesn't look new to me but an update of this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/animate-runway-construction-kit

• Oh well, it's new to me. I never owned the old one. 

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

it's about time!  I"ve been waiting for this.

edited December 2017

Oh well, it's new to me. I never owned the old one. 

Oh Well that was the only reason I didn't buy it either . I already own the first set. I might have bought this one  if I was offered as a upgrade price . But i'm not paying full price for something simular  i already own,

I have also notice there is a lot of genesis 8 content coming out that are remakes of older content i already own also. all we need is a good conversion thingy-mi-jig to make everything work together.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    Ivy said:

I don't know why they would bother with updating keymate first. graphmate is way more useful. Plus animate really needs a update, its like 10 years old. and could use some fixes with the IK issues along with adding or reconizing a hard surfaces for floor pinning, would be a great start. Keymate.. Ba Hum bug.  I can do the same things now with just animate so I never use it keymate,.

+1

i would like to have an option in graphmate which sort of line i would like to use as default

having to repair to maybe "linear" all the time is tedious

TCB is default always at the moment

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    edited December 2017

Hi I too have no interest in new G8 aniblocks.
    I have affirmatively decided that there is no advantage
    for me personally to use G8 or G3 for that matter,
    in my animated projects.

No interest in the new "Character" bundles
    and I model my own clothing and will be using C4D
    dynamic hair going forward.

I am permanently off the Daz content hamster wheel

On the matter of keyMate, its true function is
    what we refer to ,as a "dopesheet" in  other circles

If you need to edit delete or move a large number of keyframes
    in mulitple channels at once you need a dopesheet
    as your graph editor is not suited for this type of mass editing.

As an example Create some lipsinc animation on a genesis Character
    with mimic etc.  

Now..then try to remove it from the head only leaving the
    body animation intact...

or Move all of the lipsinc keys later in time so he begins to speak later in the animation.angry

You will find this task or removing/relocating every phoneme key
    exceedingly difficult only using graphMate.

Post edited by wolf359 on
    edited December 2017
    wolf359 said:

Hi I too have no interest in new G8 aniblocks.
    I have affirmatively decided that there is no advantage
    for me personally to use G8 or G3 for that matter,
    in my animated projects.

No interest in the new "Character" bundles
    and I model my own clothing and will be using C4D
    dynamic hair going forward.

I am permanently off the Daz content hamster wheel

On the matter of keyMate, its true function is
    what we refer to ,as a "dopesheet" in  other circles

If you need to edit delete or move a large number of keyframes
    in mulitple channels at once you need a dopesheet
    as your graph editor is not suited for this type of mass editing.

As an example Create some lipsinc animation on a genesis Character
    with mimic etc.  

Now..then try to remove it from the head only leaving the
    body animation intact...

or Move all of the lipsinc keys later in time so he begins to speak later in the animation.angry

You will find this task or removing/relocating every phoneme key
    exceedingly difficult only using graphMate.

Hi Wolf,

I would never advise you on your animations you do great workl. But don't you put your mimic motion file on a sub track on the animate2 timeline? .. I found this out by accident actually .  I create & use sub track when make a scene that requires lipsynce. Its pretty easy , I make a sub track, click the head of the character on the sub track.  then run lipsynce and record wav & Phenemo keys to the subtrack instead of the main track..   Then to clear the Wav recording & Phenemo keys after rendering.  I just delete the sub track leaving the rest of the animation in tact. removing the Phenemo keys. I found no keymate required at all doing it this way.  I could not believe it worked like a charm.  wham bam I was ready to go to a new sub track for next lipsynce track leaving the same animation I was working on in place, it works great for speeding up scenes that use a lot of dialogue, I also use sub tracks to create custom keyframe animations on to match other body parts during the animation. and when done delete the sub track leaving the original motions in place.  I have keymate.  I just use a old dopey method of using sub tracks that work pretty well for my style of animation I make.saves me from jumping around on track editors . I user graphmate for bending motion files because the animate2 graph editor is horrid to get to work right . I use only daz to make my animation.   so my work flow would be much different than yours. . but the sub track method might be something to try sometimes

Post edited by Ivy on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    edited December 2017

Bloody Brilliant Idea!! Ivy!!!yes

NEVER occured to me!!

Will implement it immediately!!

Thankslaugh

Post edited by wolf359 on
    edited December 2017

It was just pure accident i found that it worked that way. I use mimic pro & I have not seen mimic pro or  mimic lite in the store for some time now.   mimic pro still works great in daz 4.8. I have not downloaded the 32byte 4.10 to try it on   but its still 8 years old and works pretty good..lol  All Daz offer now  is the carrara version of mimic pro and mimic live for daz studio.    I still have the mimic pro pdf link though if you ever need it. http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/artzone/pub/software/mimic/mimic_pro_user_guide_071408.pdf

Post edited by Ivy on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

you can still get mimic pro from toolfarm.com for about $50. It's legit, and if you use your DAZ3D email to purchase it there, it's forwarded/delivered through your account here at DAZ.

I think the reason this is done is you'd probably get absolutely no support from DAZ (and for good reason) for what's a great but rapidly aging 32-bit/poser-CR2-format based product.

As far as the original topic - I can only hope for renewed support for all of these products. If they're breathing life back into Hexagon, I only see more business potential for DAZ by bringing their animation suite back up-to-snuff.

Someone mentioned puppeteer above - I would really like to be able to use puppeteer to record a sequence, then go back and move/adjust the recorded points within puppeteer *after the fact*.  Like many of the DS functions, there's a huge amount of potential buried in some of these utlities. so close.

cheers,

--ms

• mindsong said:

you can still get mimic pro from toolfarm.com for about $50. 

This is no longer the case. crying

An email from their website...

Unfortunately, we’re no longer selling their products.

Sincerely, 

Johnny Turgesen

Toolfarm.com