Marvelous Designer dynamic clothing in Carrara

jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Has anyone tried importing MD clothing with animation into Carrara? I know how to do it in Daz Studio using a script with the morph loader. But what about Carrara?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

PhilW has using Fenric's .mdd importer
    if neither post, try searching them with marvelous in advance search
    I would to grab link but my android broadband too crap and it cannot access the forum archive where I think the threads are.

• Jetbird D2Jetbird D2 Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

hi,

You should consult 3DLust,
    quite a few renders are in C3DE that has clothing created by 3DLust in Marvelous designer and from what I am seeing, beautiful clothing and art can be made paired Carrara and MD.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you know how to get it in to Studio save out as, well, What version of carrara? C8.5 can open a studio 4.5 DUF.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited August 2013

I decided to have a looky at the Marvelous designer 3 beta and downloaded it today
    got work soon
    .......and I need to RTFM
    but we shall see :lol:

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Yes, you need Fenric's MDD importer / exporter. Works great with Marvelous Designer.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

maybe this link will help -

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10424/

• cyborgty_074ff6c243cyborgty_074ff6c243 Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Yes, you need Fenric's MDD importer / exporter. Works great with Marvelous Designer.

The MDD Importer / Exporter works great with Carrrara 8.1, but not 8.5. I just bought Marvelous Designer and did several tests. I could not get Carrara 8.5/MDD Importer to import files generated from the Marvelous Designer MDD export options (general MDD or Maya/3DMax).

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

CyBoRgTy_ said:
    PhilW said:

The MDD Importer / Exporter works great with Carrrara 8.1, but not 8.5. I just bought Marvelous Designer and did several tests. I could not get Carrara 8.5/MDD Importer to import files generated from the Marvelous Designer MDD export options (general MDD or Maya/3DMax).

Please explain "doesn't work"... there is an issue with Marvelous Designer 3 files in 8.5 because the normals are wrong - Marvelous Designer 3 exports objects inside-out and Carrara 8.5 doesn't automatically fix them. I have a beta patch for that - email me your MCX file as proof-of-purchase and I'll send it to you.

• cyborgty_074ff6c243cyborgty_074ff6c243 Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:
    CyBoRgTy_ said:
    PhilW said:

Please explain "doesn't work"... there is an issue with Marvelous Designer 3 files in 8.5 because the normals are wrong - Marvelous Designer 3 exports objects inside-out and Carrara 8.5 doesn't automatically fix them. I have a beta patch for that - email me your MCX file as proof-of-purchase and I'll send it to you.

Sorry for delayed response. Finally had time to go back to playing with this. Before I was not getting the 'MDDFigure' listed as an instance and therefore was not seen when importing to Carrara 8.5 Pro. However, now I cannot recreate the problem. I exported Marvelous Designer 3 MDD sequence using Maya / 3DMax option and this appears to import fine in Carrara 8.1 as well as 8.5.