Project EYEray - Next Gen and Merchant Resource for Genesis 8

Can't unzip it has errors please fix thanks downloaded it twice and the same thing.

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on

Comments

• Did you try downloading with a different browser (or, if you are using DIM, with your browser and then placing it in the DIM Downlods folder for instalaltion)?

• Did you try downloading with a different browser (or, if you are using DIM, with your browser and then placing it in the DIM Downlods folder for instalaltion)?

Richard I tried on another browser still the same there are onlly a few files messed up.But to be honest I really don't like to use DIM because I have so much stuff I like to file my own way, and using DIM is just another step I have to take to get it where I want. But none the less the file is still messed up and should be fixed. Lately I have been getting files that need this or that..You guys should tighten up your quality control, cause the only thing that works here 100% of the time here is Paypal. I buy alot of stuff trying to support the artist here cause I like Daz Studio and want to see it thrive but as I am sure, as you know all you have to do is a bit of digging and you can find most of this stuff for free. I don't support that ,because support of the artist keep them coming back with new and cool stuff, but buying a product with money you expect it to work the way it's suppose to.So thank you for offering alternative ways of getting my product in ways I don't want to use.

• I just purchased and ddi a direct download, the zip seems healthy. It does give errors, because of some zero-byte files that are there purely to make a tip thumbnail show up, if you extract using the Windows Compressed Folders tool but using a dedicated archive tool (7Zip) it extracts correctly. You can certainly report this as a bug - others will try to use the built-in Windows tool - but you can work around it by having DIM extract the zip (just tell it to install to whatever folder you usually unzip to) or by using soemthing like 7Zip http://www.7-zip.org/

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited September 2017

I'm having trouble getting the textures to show up at all.

Per the instruction icons, I worked in numerical folder older.  I can see the scalara and base iris loaded in my surfaces tab.  I have also loaded the EYEray UV's as well. 

When I render, no changes show up.  These are still the base mats.

Base Color.jpg
    210 x 327 - 25K
    EYEray UVs.jpg
    210 x 52 - 5K
    EyeRay not working.jpg
    700 x 700 - 197K
    Post edited by dracorn on
    edited September 2017

OK I figured it out.  Since Dylan has a separate eye texture set apart from Genesis 8 Male, it does not work for Dylan.  So I tried it on a different character.

HOWEVER, now I have a different problem. 

All the textures load fine, and I loaded the UVs just for good measure.  I can see them in the Viewport and on the Surfaces tab.  However, there is a bizzare effect when I render.  When the render first starts, the texture shows up.  However, as the render progresses, the textures litteraly dissapear, until there is nothing left but black eye sockets. 

UPDATE:  It does the same on Genesis 8 Female, without loading UVs.

Render progressing 01.jpg
    372 x 119 - 58K
    Render progressing 02.jpg
    416 x 137 - 24K
    Render progressing 03.jpg
    347 x 138 - 12K
    EyeRay not working 04 Diff Char No texture.jpg
    700 x 700 - 187K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • MoussoMousso Posts: 237

I'm having the same problem with unzipping. I tried with WinZip and WinRar so far. I dont have 7Zip and I dont want to install it either :/

@dracorn  That invisible thing happens when the Volume SSS color is set to something other than pink. It happened to me when I played around with skin volume and I got a transparent figure rendered.

Thanks katzen.  However, I made no setting changes and should not have to fiddle with it out of the box.  I opened a ticket.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

I'm having problems downloading its taken over an hour so far and is only at 65%. This sort of thing would usually download in minutes for me.

It finally downloaded, I'm also getting the invisible eyes, this seems to happen when I try to use a additive Iris option.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited September 2017

I don't seem to be having issues. Downloaded in a few minutes w/ DIM. Options in 1,2,3, 5, and 6 were used. Attached is a 25% 1300 iterations render.

EYEray Gen 8 test.png
    500 x 750 - 416K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

Wow, gorgeous peepers!

• You only seem to get the invisible eyes if you render with Dome Off  which explains why some people get problems and others don't

If you really do want Dome off for the render then I found switching the eyes from Chromatic to Mono fixes the invisible problem & as fastbike1's render shows the eyes do look very nice :)

@Tottallou  "You only seem to get the invisible eyes if you render with Dome Off  "

That's really interesting. I never thought to check that since I (very) rarely render with dome off. I did confirm that I get the same problems if Dome is off.

So its a reflection issue, I nearly always render without the dome on so it might be a bit of a problem for me, shame as they do render really wonderfully.

edited September 2017

@scorpio

I wouldn't call it a reflection issue per se, the eyes still reflect the dome's light source.

Just change the eye materials SSS Mode to Mono from Chromatic as Totallou suggested and the eyes will render fine.

See the attached image.

Elizabeth Eyes Mono, Dome Off.png
    500 x 750 - 394K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

I finally sorted out the Zip and managed to play with the eyes. Its awesome and I dont have the disappearing eyes even with Chromatic on. 

What I dont really understand is how to use it as a MR. It looks different than the G8 eyetexture since DT made a custom UV. I dont think I can use his custom UVs in my products. indecision

• I have opened a ticket on the issue with disappearing eyes without the dome drawn. Whether it's a bug or a limitation of the system I don't know.

fastbike1 said:
    I have opened a ticket on the issue with disappearing eyes without the dome drawn. Whether it's a bug or a limitation of the system I don't know.

Thank you

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    katzen said:

I finally sorted out the Zip and managed to play with the eyes. Its awesome and I dont have the disappearing eyes even with Chromatic on. 

What I dont really understand is how to use it as a MR. It looks different than the G8 eyetexture since DT made a custom UV. I dont think I can use his custom UVs in my products. indecision

I'm confused on this as well, and there's no product usage readme included that I can find. Either you're allowed to distribute the uv as well, or you're allowed to use the maps and call the product as a required product for your character.

Vaskania said:
    katzen said:

I'm confused on this as well, and there's no product usage readme included that I can find. Either you're allowed to distribute the uv as well, or you're allowed to use the maps and call the product as a required product for your character.

I asked Daz to contact DT to clarify since he doesn't come to the forums often. So far they didn't answer. 

If its the later then that sucks because most of the time people dont want to buy an extra product. I did that once and got a gazillion PMs that my product doesn't work although it was stated in the readme and the product page that it requires an other product.

• katzen said:

I asked Daz to contact DT to clarify since he doesn't come to the forums often. So far they didn't answer. 

If its the later then that sucks because most of the time people dont want to buy an extra product. I did that once and got a gazillion PMs that my product doesn't work although it was stated in the readme and the product page that it requires an other product.

Do post their reply as I am interested in the answer  :)

Customers needing to buy an extra product would be a pain & cause questions as so many people do not read what they are getting

Tottallou said:
    katzen said:

Do post their reply as I am interested in the answer  :)

Customers needing to buy an extra product would be a pain & cause questions as so many people do not read what they are getting

I will :)

I really hope DT gives the green light for the UV because the product is useless to me otherwise. Its a wonderful product btw, I recommend it for those who want really good looking eyes.

TBH I dont read Readme files either unless its a complicated set of lights or shaders I cant figure out, so I dont blame people who dont. But writing it is...tedious and we have to include it crying

@Totallou.

I just got a message from DT and we can distribute the UV :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    katzen said:

@Totallou.

I just got a message from DT and we can distribute the UV :)

Good to hear. Thanks for checking. :D

• Thank you for posting the reply :)

• Hello

When select a Socket Option then come following Error Message,

The following files could not to be found:

runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis/victoria8/victoria8eyebrows.png

I have not Victoria 8 and is in your Description not require

• I have just noticed that when I click on the content library icon to switch to Project EYEray UV's.duf that it returns with an error when reading the file. I have checked the log and all it tells me is the following...

2017-12-03 13:33:03.410 D:/_3D/Daz Studio/Daz Studio Product Installs/D Drive My Daz 3D Library/people/genesis 8 female/materials/dimensiontheory/project eyeray next gen/! - information/dter2_g8f - ! - switch to project eyeray uvs.duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['

2017-12-03 13:33:03.410 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Has anybody else had issues?  I know this has worked before but I think this is the first time I have tried it with Daz V4.10.

I am able to go to the surfaces tab and chenge the UV's in the Surfaces UV Set dropdown.

• what are the Notes 1 - 6. when i hover over I get no notes. I need a readme file with directions

• Wallace3D said:

what are the Notes 1 - 6. when i hover over I get no notes. I need a readme file with directions

If you hover over the icons in the Documents folder you should get a tip... see attached

Capture.JPG
    1062 x 1405 - 134K
  • Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 2017
    Wallace3D said:

what are the Notes 1 - 6. when i hover over I get no notes. I need a readme file with directions

If you hover over the icons in the Documents folder you should get a tip... see attached

nope i must have that ability turned off or somthing. I have never had tips or notes on hover over

UPDATE: I went through all of my options and I had 'tool tips' turned off. turning it on now shows the needed info.

Post edited by Wallace3D on