DS on my laptop

I have DS on my desktop where I do all my rendering and animating, however, I just bought a win10 laptop to do my mocap and animation with apps I can't use on Win 7 and want to install DS there too.  Can I use the serial number associated with the DS on my desktop for the new install?

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603
    jaebea said:

I have DS on my desktop where I do all my rendering and animating, however, I just bought a win10 laptop to do my mocap and animation with apps I can't use on Win 7 and want to install DS there too.  Can I use the serial number associated with the DS on my desktop for the new install?

Yes. This is an extract from the Daz Licence:

...Specifically, User may copy the Content onto the storage device of an unlimited number of computers owned or controlled by User. The Content is for User’s exclusive use and no other individual or entity. Each individual must obtain his or her own license to use the Content...

It applies to Daz Studio and content bought from Daz. Basically yes, you can use your serial number on your laptop. You can install content bought from Daz as well, but if you get content from other places you must check their licences.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

Thank you Peter!  I know some of the software I own only allows one computer install so I needed to check!