WIP DzFire 12-04

DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
edited December 2017 in Hexagon Discussion

Started working on a piloted mexh, the LG07. She's about three quarters done with a lot more detail to go. 

Post edited by DzFire on

Comments

• you are something else -POSER?

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

you are something else -POSER?

You know it ;)
  • DzFire said:

you are something else -POSER?

You know it ;)

Bless you brother! love ya!

• Looks amazing DzFire :)

A few more, almost there.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Awesome work. I can't wait to see the finished version.

A few more coming along

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

I love your work, DzFire!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

That is amazing! You're doing it in Hexagon?

I always think of PAs working with expensive top-end modelling software. I really should spend more time learing to use Hexagon and Carrara properly.

Another project n the works.

• I've been meaning to ask you DZ - What software do you use for creating textures ?

I've been meaning to ask you DZ - What software do you use for creating textures ?

Corel Photo Paint and Allegorithmin's Substance Painter

• Thanks DzFire, I like the look of Substance Painter but the price is a bit much for me :(

• Your work is amazing, DzFire.  As is the speed at which you get things done!   

Wee Dangerous John - I bought the educational version of 3dCoat a few years ago and think it is a fantastic program for sculpting, retopoly and texturing.  I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't taken time to really delve into it but would recommend that you take a look.  When I bought it - and each Christmas since - there has been a sale with $100 off.  There was such a sale at Black Friday this year but I don't know yet if it will be repeated at Christmas.

Here is a video of the latest version

https://youtu.be/fslO9iagxqs

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited February 2018

I assume you can use Photoshop for texturing right?  I've modified other people's textures using it, but never created my own.

Oh and Dfire have you considered doing a more human shaped mech?  Think Robotech, Gundam, Pacific Rim, Knights of Sadonia or like an armored mech suit, but with the same detail and realism of your other mechs?  I have all of your mechs on my wish list, but I haven't found exactly what I want other than Chris Schell's stuff.  I'm hoping to learn Hexagon, but I think it will take a while to get to your level.  

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    edited February 2018

Just baught 2 of your armor sets for M4 and V4 for this weekend's sale.  Couldn't pass that up.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    tkdrobert said:

Just baught 2 of your armor sets for M4 and V4 for this weekend's sale.  Couldn't pass that up.

Cool, I'll pass on those sales to the IRS ;) Thanks for the support.

DzFire said:
    tkdrobert said:

Cool, I'll pass on those sales to the IRS ;) Thanks for the support.

yes  Keep up the good work.