"Send to Hexagon" - does this work with Studio 4.9.4.117 etc?

I recently upgraded to Studio 4.9.4.117 and find that I can no longer "send to Hexagon" - even the simplest of files (Hexagon opens but the file I try to send is not there). I assume I need to update the plugin or some such thing  . . help please? (Hexagon is version 2.5.1.79)

Comments

• GiuMaTaGiuMaTa Posts: 31

I have the DAZ Studio 4.9.4.122 and Hexagon v2.5.1.79 and the bridges working fine.

Probably the new update chenged the Bridge path. Check it.

Into Edit|preference... Bridges

• 3DMD3DMD Posts: 18

It’s working fine in studio 4.10. Maybe go to bridge settings for Hex and reset the app path or reinstall? 

• I've tried resetting the apppath.  I still have the issue.  Just one thing, I've never been asked for a serial number.  I had somebody install some software for me in order to test out the functions I needed to work with and select the software; hexagon was included then.  I wonder if the remnant of that installation is still bugging things.  Does anybody know how to get the activation to run?  I've never been asked.  I can't find it anywhere.  I bought and downloaded a new app from the store, so it should have asked about that.  Is there some way to check that?

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 2017

You have to have the correct path, there's been so many updates of DS lately it's easy to get the wrong one.

Hexagon - Preference Editor, Daz Studio Bridge - Then browse for location

DAZ Studio - Preferences, Bridges - Then browse for location

bridges.jpg
    1255 x 496 - 83K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • You have to have the correct path, there's been so many updates of DS lately it's easy to get the wrong one.

Kia ora

I have the same issues Daz just hang's, go unresponding.
    I have checked that path in Daz that is correct in Hexagon 2.5.1.79 as quoted above "Hexagon - Preference Editor, Daz Studio Bridge" NO such number. There is NO Daz Studio Bridge tab to be found

• Kiwi-Hawk said:

You have to have the correct path, there's been so many updates of DS lately it's easy to get the wrong one.

Kia ora

I have the same issues Daz just hang's, go unresponding.
    I have checked that path in Daz that is correct in Hexagon 2.5.1.79 as quoted above "Hexagon - Preference Editor, Daz Studio Bridge" NO such number. There is NO Daz Studio Bridge tab to be found

Not in the current stable version, no, but it does exist in the Beta.

• Kiwi-HawkKiwi-Hawk Posts: 88
    edited December 2017

Kia ora

I'm talking Daz 3D 4.10 Pro and Hexagon 2.5.1.79

Spec's

i7 6800k on an Asus Sabertooth board

128Gb ram

Nvidia Ge-Force 1080 Ti 11Gb ram

If it matters Win7 64 bit

Ok so back to square one. I load a char in Daz 3D (The latest up date) and select send ti Hexagon, hex opens the working icon spins for about 30 sec's and stops going back to a pointer. No matter how long I leave it, nothing happens and I find Daz in behind Hex not responding double trible checked, reinstalled double trible checked pathing still no go

All install files are off Daz store

Post edited by Kiwi-Hawk on
  • Very odd. It works fine here on Windows 10 64 bit. Not sure what the problem could be at your end.

• Kia ora

This is becoming beyond frustrating, I export an OBJ of the file I wish to get into hexagon and try importing that directly into hexagon

I get a wonderful screen image https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d8sv6pkjgws7i9/Screenshot 2017-12-06 11.35.14.png?dl=0

Then to add insult to the whole issue when I try to click button on that dialog it just dings,.. yes folks the front dialog box is being register as behind the Hexagon window and will NOT react to any actions from the mouse or keyboard. Unbelieveable

• Dave63Dave63 Posts: 49
    edited December 2017

How big, in MB, is the object?  It looks like it is stressing your ram to load it. If you give the bridge a little more time

(a lot more, maybe) It will probably load into Hex, but still be slow to respond to actions.

Sure be nice if there was a 64 bit version of Hex, that could address more than 2 gigs. 

Post edited by Dave63 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2017

The beta announcement thread; which talks of both 64 bit and LAA.    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215001/hexagon-beta-version-2-5-2-109

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 2017

Your link is not working for me Chole

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215001

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • Dave63Dave63 Posts: 49
    edited December 2017

Wow! the Beta is 64 bit. Would probably solve the problem Kiwi-Hawk is having( with system specs like that!). There was also some info somewhere on this forum about optimizing Nvidia 3D draw properties for Hexagon. I remember it made a big difference running Hex when I had an Nvidia card on my machine. 

And if textures are eating ram, do you realy need to have them on the mesh while working in Hex? Don;t know how hard it would be to strip them in Daz Studio, because I don;t know what product you are trying to stuff over that bridge.

I just took Genesis 8 across it several times with no hangs on a much lower speced machine. And I'm still using the 32 bit version of hex.

Oh, and it is better to install Daz Studio with the DIM. Paths stay cleaner that way. Might want to reinstall Hexagon after it. The Beta shows up in the DIM but I had a hard time getting 2.5.1.79 to show up in it.

Post edited by Dave63 on
  • The current beta is no 64 bit, though that si projected to be in next year's update if you look at the first post of the announcement thread. The beta is Large Address Aware on Windows, however, so should give a bit more head room on a 64 bit system.

• It's funny, I thought you were supposed to select the path to the application file, so I did that, and it kept crashing on me. But now I see you select the path to the folder. It's working for me now.