for rotation is r

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Comments

• Are these the ones you are after. 

manip-tools.jpg
    800 x 323 - 55K
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

thats no shortcut like r for rotation

• There is not a shortcut key assigned to rotate but you can add one yourself - Edit, Shortcut Editor and Tools.

rotate shortcut.jpg
    800 x 629 - 69K

but you cannot for manipulator tool

that was the question

• Just checked, the short cut key for the Universal Manipulator is "U". The others are T, S and Space, and as you say there is not one for Rotate.

Sorry I misread your post, when you hover over an icon a text box appears giving you the tool name and any shortcut key applied to it.

John

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017

My shortcut key for rotating was R by default. Pressing R switches to rotate mode. And I see R in the shortcut preferences. Clicking the shortcut field gives little feedback to what you did. Bascially, if the field is blue, you can then press the R button to make the shortcut key for it be R.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • Just checked, I have the R set to "Ring", so I can - Loop, Ring, Connect etc.

yes u should be the right one

but does nothing for me

and us/eu "u" key is the same i think

you cannot switch with shortcut from rotate into manipulator mode

you can change the various manipulator modes if you are already in manipulator mode

i would love to go from rotate to say translate directly

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    Ruphuss said:

you cannot switch with shortcut from rotate into manipulator mode

you can change the various manipulator modes if you are already in manipulator mode

i would love to go from rotate to say translate directly

Well, I can. No problem at all. See if resetting your shortcuts to default helps you.

edited December 2017

Switching modes using shortcut keys works great for me in 2.5.2. Just make sure your text cursor is not in the radius or softness fields, trying to enter some values there, while pressing a shortcut key.

i think i was not clear enough

if ypu look at the bottom of your scene

there are 4 modes to navigate in the scene

manipulate/rotate/zoom/pan mode

you cannot make shortcuts for these

or otherwise pls tell me how to ?

Why would you want to? They're only there for when you play one-handed and can't reach the ALT key.

its not about wanting here

its about can you

edited December 2017

Maybe with Windows Accessibility you can make those bottons sticky ones. The point of Hexagon is that it is a mouse-driven 3D polygon modeler. Not an ALT-SHIFT-RIGHT-ARROW-driven 3D modeler.

Maybe with Windows Accessibility you can make those bottons sticky ones. The point of Hexagon is that it is a mouse-driven 3D polygon modeler. Not an ALT-SHIFT-RIGHT-ARROW-driven 3D modeler.

I don't understand your argument. Hexagon is mouse-driven, yes. and you CAN access these buttons with a mouse and they ARE sticky when you click on them. You can also use the same functionality more quickly via ALT-mouse buttons, a shortcut that is industry-wide known and popular.

What you cannot do is take you hand off the mouse, press a button on the keyboard to switch modes and go back to using the mouse. But what is the usage case of that? When you are working one-handed then it is easier and quicker to click the buttons with the mouse. When working two-handed with one hand on the keyboard then pressing ALT is easier than having a whole bunch of different keys to press. If you have RSI problems and can't hold the key depressed during your operations, turn on the Sticky Keys function of your Operating System.

So between the alternatives already available there is no usage case that makes extra keyboard shortcuts for that a worthwhile feature.

• Some people either can't use a mouse, or don't have a mouse while trying to do 3D work. That's all.

Some people either can't use a mouse, or don't have a mouse while trying to do 3D work. That's all.

So why would they choose a mouse-driven program in the first place?

• Ascania said:

Some people either can't use a mouse, or don't have a mouse while trying to do 3D work. That's all.

So why would they choose a mouse-driven program in the first place?

Free.