Where are My Download Links

Comments

• Thetis_Thetis_ Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Well, I found them without help, but:

- I appreciate that I can now find older purchased products much easier. Very good .:-)

- I don't like that I have to type in my just purchased products one by one in a search list to get to the downloads. Very Bad. >:(
    Every other store provides download links of your just purchased items in one way or other, in the confirmation mail for ex., so that you can download them without searching.
    I don't think that I will ever again purchase more than one item at a time here, because I would dread to search around for a multitude of download links. Before anyone points out to the new Installation Automatic thing - I have no use for automated routines like that. The name 'DIM' is a pun, isn't it? The strategy of DAZ to put the link to that one at the end of the purchases and in the order confirmation mail and to make it harder to get to the 'normal' download links at the same time, looks like patronizing to me.

Post edited by Thetis_ on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Thetis_ said:

- I appreciate that I can now find older purchased products much easier. Very good .:-)

- I don't like that I have to type in my just purchased products one by one in a search list to get to the downloads. Very Bad. >:(
    Every other store provides download links of your just purchased items in one way or other, in the confirmation mail for ex., so that you can download them without searching.
    I don't think that I will ever again purchase more than one item at a time here, because I would dread to search around for a multitude of download links. Before anyone points out to the new Installation Automatic thing - I have no use for automated routines like that. The name 'DIM' is a pun, isn't it? The strategy of DAZ to put the link to that one at the end of the purchases and in the order confirmation mail and to make it harder to get to the 'normal' download links at the same time, looks like patronizing to me.

If you click sort by date twice you get the most recent purchases first.

And you can use the Install Manager just to download if you like. DAZ 3D is "pushing" it because it is easier to use and also has more features than the Product Library.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This button

product_library.jpg
    264 x 548 - 83K
  • Jewel DesignsJewel Designs Posts: 1,467
    edited December 1969

i just cleared all my cookies from internet explorer, rebooted, and low and behold everything is working. I can sort by date, select other pages and download recentlyl purchased items.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Product library requires Javascript to work. If your browser has Java set to off it will not function.

FYI: Java is not Javascript. And telling me that I just need to clear my cache, reboot my computer, and use the right browser to get my purchases is not, shall we say, "selling up."
  • edited December 1969

mickmca said:

FYI: Java is not Javascript. And telling me that I just need to clear my cache, reboot my computer, and use the right browser to get my purchases is not, shall we say, "selling up."

Oops. I left out "toss my cookies."
  • Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Well, I like this.

After a quick read here I cleared all my cookies, cache, off-line data and the like and everything works perfectly in Firefox.

New purchases are easy to find by sorting by date. Specific items easy to find by sorting by name. The DIM label obviously means that DIM will install it so no need to download those.

Mostly though, not having to reset downloads one at a time is very cool.

I have zero complaints. Good job.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

... The DIM label obviously means that DIM will install it so no need to download those.

The DIM label just means those are the new Zips - working for PC AND Mac.
    They are a bit smaller than the .exe files and are working without hiccups (contrary to some older installers on Win7).

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited April 2013

My product library is not working. I cannot

Apply a Filter
    Change the sort order
    Select any other page other than the opening page which is in alphabetical order.

I do not use DIM, and I just purchased an item which I cannot now download as it does not appear on the first page. Please do not tell me to clear my cookies, etc. I have already done this.

Product library worked 2 days ago for me, but not now.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, this is exactly what has happened to me. For the last two days, I've been downloading all of the updates for my content library, and then all of a sudden, about an hour ago, it stopped working for me exactly the way it has stopped working for you. At first I thought it was a stalled browser script (I use Firefox), but now I realize it's DAZ's latest "improvement" to the site. (BTW: the "clearing the cookies" trick does work to get it going again.)

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the info, folks. I had a problem with a locked library, also. The information here helped.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 1969

I definitely have not enjoyed the changes to finding my downloads. The former method seemed to always work well for me. I purchased things yesterday and can't seem to apply anything to bring up my downloads and since I bought the Genesis Teen Pro Bundle, I would not like to have to figure out the name of each item included. I vote for the "My Downloads Purchased" cue like we use to see!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

You can't set the sort order to purchase date? In any event, you wouldn't have to find the bundle items individually - the bundle gets an entry and then that has links for the products.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Problem is, my last two orders went through but not all of products are showing up in the product library. Not sorting by order date or by searching product individually. This is really annoying.

I'm using the latest Firefox, have cleared the cache several times and rebooted several times. Yes, Java is enabled and up to date as well.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

One gotcha that I've noticed a few times, in bundles — if the bundle page has direct download links, ignore them. Use the thumbnail links to the individual bundle parts, and click on the download links there. The d/l links on the bundle page aren't always up-to-date, and sometimes don't even have links for the .zip DIM files.

(Note that this is nothing to do with old products that haven't been converted yet, the ones I've noticed so far have the DIM links on the individual pages but not on the bundle page.)

• misterskutsmisterskuts Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

More wonderful "improvements" from the Daz IT team. Wonderful for Daz perhaps, but not so much for customers. Every the the site "improves" it become more of a chore to shop here. Changes made to features that worked just fine until they were improved. Buggy search engines that don't work. Now I have to play "hide and seek" to find my purchases and, hey, let's get rid of the installers, too.
    The freebies and $1.99 items are getting cheap and rare as hen's teeth. The only reason I even visit here anymore is for Petipet's neat models and that ain't enough to justify a membership.

Why is this site becoming such a nosebleed?

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

My issue with my latest purchase is that although all the items I purchased show up in the list, I cannot load the download links page for one of the items "Audrina Wreath". I have tried this in 4 different browsers, have cleared cache, cookies, rebooted, etc., etc., all to no avail. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

• bryanfbryanf Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

I took me months to figure out how to down load Daz products and get them to work and still it is hit and miss 10% of the product I buy never work because they for some reason are never downloaded properly no matter where I place them in the files.
    Then came their new downloader, well I got that to work 50% of the time so I kept on using the old method I actually understood, yet now if they are changing even that I won't be buying their products anymore.
    It sucks!

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited April 2013

KerWar said:
    My issue with my latest purchase is that although all the items I purchased show up in the list, I cannot load the download links page for one of the items "Audrina Wreath". I have tried this in 4 different browsers, have cleared cache, cookies, rebooted, etc., etc., all to no avail. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

It looks like there is something wrong with that product which is preventing it from loading in the Product Library, a miss configuration of it in the admin side of the store.

Edit: Its fixed

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
  • WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

I have a couple of questions regarding the new DIM files. After May 15th when the exes are fazed out can we download the DIM files without the DIM software? Personally I prefer downloading my purchases from my account. Also once everything is switched to DIM will the older DS items be in DS 4.5 format only? I'm asking because at this time I am still using DS 3 and all my older purchases work in it, if everything is going to be made DS4.5 only I will need to quickly download my history so I can still use the items I purchased. I hope I have made sense here, I haven't had my daily requirement of coffee yet. lol

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

You aren't going to be required to use DIM if you don't want to. They are just going to zip files instead of exe. You will still be able to download them the same way you do now

edited December 1969

Thanks Frank! :) Are there going to be changes to the products, what I mean is will DS stuff be only for DS 4.5 or are then not changing the older products other then zipping them.

edited December 1969

So far it seems to have been a case of just putting the files in zips - remember that a lot of the work has already been done and made available on this.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. :) I wish I could use DS 4.5 and not worry about product compatibility, but my poor computer just doesn't have the oomph. Someday I hope to have a better computer, but until then I still have DS 3 to play in. :)

• Thetis_Thetis_ Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thetis_ said:

If you click sort by date twice you get the most recent purchases first.

And you can use the Install Manager just to download if you like. DAZ 3D is "pushing" it because it is easier to use and also has more features than the Product Library.

Thank you :)

Hadn't seen that. It works fine.

Thank you to Chohole too.

• RodrakRodrak Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

If you are removing exe files soon, are we getting any kind of version numbers for the dim-style zip files? Not everyone is going to use the dim and so far there's only the product name and nothing else (and the new products don't even contain readme inside). I'd like to know which version I download so if/when I get to use the product I can actually check if it's still current and download the update if needed. That's the only reason why I still download exe files instead of dim-style zips.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited April 2013

Rodrak said:
    If you are removing exe files soon, are we getting any kind of version numbers for the dim-style zip files?

This needs to be marked "considered vital" — I didn't notice before now, but none of the new zips I've downloaded recently have anything like a version number in the name. If DAZ are going to abandon this naming system, I'll say it right now, that would be a stupid thing to do.

If DAZ are going to abandon the system because the DIM (in its current Beta form) won't be able to track the filename changes, that would be an even more stupid thing to allow to happen.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • edited December 1969

Im sorry, but why does DAZ insist on holding everyone's hand when it comes to using their products? The installers are bad enough, but now we're bringing on this DIM thing, which appears to be making it even more impossible.

I'm sure someone at DAZ thought this was a super keen-o idea, but to chorus what SpottedKitty just said, this is just stupid. I know yu';re worried someone's gonna run off with your precious stuff, so you make everyone jump through these ridiculous hoops, just to use your freaking products, but it's now gotten to the point that between this and your insistence on taking everything into Studio only, that you might as well just kiss off a good chunk of your user base and be done with it.

Is anyone in Utah actually thinking long term here?

edited December 1969

Sean, they are zips - if you don't want to use the DIM don't use it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm sort of not getting why users are against the DIM files. They are just standard Zip files that all other sites have provided for years. Rendo, Runtime DNA, PoserWorks just to name a few. Now that Daz3D is going to the default industry standard for content instead of the exe format users are still not happy. No one needs to use the DIM installer, it is just provided to users to make things easier if the user wishes to use it.

I myself think that one format for all content from all Purchase Sites should make things better. If I can Download a Daz3D DIM install file an use it I can also download and Install a Rendo content file. I just guess I'm not seeing the issue. Content is just content.

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Thanks for offering the zips download option!!

I'm not a fan of the download manager either. Having zips will be perfect! Thanks!

Traditionally, most zips were for MACs... please have the download file specify PC or Mac zips - thanks a lot!