Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• How cool- thank you for using her!  I agree-that's a heck of a background as well.  Congrats on the release of your tome!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2017

Thank you all! Glad you're enjoying the book. I'm hoping to get Book 2 done soon, it's just taking forever.

@stormylight Thanks- I think the lighting from that one is either Dimension Theory Iradiance probes or Sveva Lumiere lights. Can't remember off the top of my head but I'll check. 

@DarwinsMishap Keri is so gorgeous. I love using her whenever I can. You did a marvelous job on her. Her morphs and skin are so beautiful. 

Speaking of tomes, I just finished the most recent installments of my Beautiful Hair tutorial on Patreon. It's up to 84 pages, with lots of screenshots. Here's an image I did for it using HP's Aunrae for G3F and Arki's wonderful DragonBraid. The posing and postwork are covered in the tutorial: 

Dragonbraid3b.jpg
    1502 x 1758 - 448K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, that's lovely.  And I LOVE Arki's Dragon Braid!  Your postwork is also excellent. 

Thank you! I had fun with that one. I was surprised at what a few layers of paint could do, and how soft it made the hair look. 

• I love both of your last two images. They look very polished, very dynamic. Lots of great lighting and post work.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous!

edited November 2017

Thank you! I've been under a rock writing the past two weeks. I won NaNo, but still have 9 more chapters to go in my book. Hoping to have it to the editor some time next month. I took a breather this weekend to finally pick up Monique 8 and do some renders, plus some holiday cooking. Then it's off to finishing up the hair tutorial and the book! And then getting ready for Christmas! Wow. Hard to believe there are only a few more weeks left in 2017! 

Monique 8

Finally took the plunge to pick up the gorgeous Monique 8. I thought Monique 7 was incredible. I didn't know how they could improve on her, but they did. Monique 8 is absolutely stunning. I love the Laverne add-on character, and the hairs that come in the Pro pack are very good. The only thing I'm not wild about are the makeups on the main Monique 8. You can't mix and match the eyes and lips. Everything is lumped together in one preset. Laverne's are fine, and I have yet to try Alondra's, but they look like the usual setup- makeup and lips separate. 

Here's Monique 8 teaming up with Giuseppe for Lucas 8 to fight bad guys in kind of a "Miami Vice 2018" thing. I used Extreme LIE Makeup for G3F here on her. She's wearing Miranda Hair and Bad Girls Textures for Supersuit. It was too revealing, so I added Fabiana's Sheer Shaders (Rendo) to her body to give the look of an undersuit. This image looks dark against the light forum background. (Click the pics for much larger images and better viewing.)

Here's FW Laverne HD with AprilYSH's gorgeous Pascale Hair. It's my new favorite. She's standing in The Streets of Tuscany and wearing Dance of the Veils by Jepe

Laverne.jpg
    1911 x 1600 - 976K
    Monique-8.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 355K
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Both of these renders can be book cover material - they have that quality.  All you need to do is adjust it to book cover proportions.

The serenity of the Laverne render is great romance novel art.  I also really like the Miami Vice render too. 

Thank you so much dracorn! I'm glad you think they're that good! I was playing around with Monique, but I might just take you up on that. I definitely need a lot more book covers up. Let me see what I can do with those! Thanks for the inspiration. I could certainly use it on a Monday! 

• They both look great. I agree with @Dracorn. They could both be easily turned into book covers with a little bit of work. My favorite is the action one. I'm always terrible at action scenes like that. I get really envious when someone can do those types of scenes without making them look dorky which is how mine usually turn out. Nicely done.

From a gun enthusiast perspective, there is something a little off about Giuseppe's trigger finger from this angle. It doesn't look like his finger is positioned correctly. His finger needs to be shifted a little bit so that the first pad of his index finger is touching the trigger. From this angle, it looks like it's the middle knuckle which is a great way for the shooter to get hurt. And, Laverne's finger shouldn't be on the trigger at all since she isn't aiming the gun to kill. Her finger should be laying on the outside of the trigger, ready to pull if needed but not on the trigger itself. 

Those are things to work on if you decide to do a cover. There is always going to be some expert somewhere that will pick apart the cover because of those little things. The concept is great and I love the look.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Love the Monique/Giuseppe render!  I have the outfit she is wearing.  What a great idea to use a shader on her body for a less revealing outfit!  

Well, I don't have the outfit she is wearing in the action render but now I want it lol.  Very well done!  I do agree with KM about the finger positioning on the gun, I'm not sure I could pull the trigger with my finger in that position.  And the very first thing they teach is to put your finger on the side of the gun unless you inted to shoot where its pointed.  Other than that its really good!

edited November 2017

Thank you all for the feedback. I trained on rifles, not handguns, but I felt the hand positions were a little off. Monique's gun comes with one of her outfits, as does the grasp pose for it. Giuseppe is using a gun for G3M. I don't think there are any out for G8M yet, so I had to position that manually. I'll look at some pictures of people training and see what I can do with it. I think that one would make a fun cover, and could be done with different options (partners could be any ethnicity.)

Alondra for Monique 8

Here's a render of Alondra, who comes in the Monique Pro Bundle. I really like her. She's got great morphs and very nice options, especially for her skin settings. I had her set at a medium translucency here. I used the Extreme Lie Makeup again for her, as her makeup options are very modern and I wanted something more tribal. The chalk tattoos are from SangriArt's gorgeous Nayat for G3F/G8F (Rendo) which includes some wonderful LIE tattoos in henna, ink and chalk for any G3F or G8F. Alondra is wearing the fabulous Ktarya Outfit and Voss Hair.

(As always, click for much bigger image.)

Alondra.jpg
    1944 x 1600 - 274K
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

That is really great! I got Monique 8 also. Is your background a 2D one?

Thanks, Liana! That's actually Orestes Dreadful Clouds HDRI. I also used Ron's Fog Brushes to add some extra dark clouds in because I didn't want the sky upstaging her (it was too bright in some places.)

Thanks for sharing. It is on my wishlist now. :)

edited November 2017

You're welcome! Been busy and sick lately. Finally getting back to it. I'm close to being finished with my third book. I'm testing Darwin's newest character, LillyAnna and I just got accepted to do promo art at Sympatico Studios.

Here are a couple of my images that just got released: 

Bad Clown Jumpsuit and Bad Clown Hairpieces by BadKittehCo

Autumn Elegance for Daylilies by NapalmArsenal (Hivewire3D)

Morra Hair for G3 and G8 by Prae (Rendo)

BKC-Clown_Llynara.jpg
    1326 x 1794 - 560K
    Autumn-Elegance_Llynara.jpg
    1825 x 1825 - 1M
    Prae-Morra-Hair-Llynara.jpg
    1866 x 1411 - 468K

Those renders are great! Congrats on being accepted. :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Wonderful renders Llynara and congrats :)

• Very nice promos. Congrats!

Oh my gosh I am so going to have to do that hair.  Stunning render!

• beautiful renders and congrats on the acceptance! 

Thank you all! I'm having a blast with this, despite sickies, very little sleep, holidays and computer issues. I'm in the process of moving over to a more powerful computer. My current one is crashing a lot, especially with big scenes. It's still great for a lot of things, so it'll be mainly for writing, but I'll leave all the tools in place so that i can render on two computers at once. I still need to buy a more powerful card on my new one. I've got my old 750TI in there right now, but with 64GB of ram, I'm hoping the CPU mode won't be too bad. I guess I'll find out. LOL. 

• Lovely renders (Thank you for using Guiseppe in that clown one-priceless!) and CONGRATS!  

edited November 2017

Evil Clown HD

Man, I'm not going to recover from this clown! I'm like the kid in the pic! I need a big sister to shield me from the scary stuff! This is Josh Crockett's Evil Clown HD wearing Bad Kitteh's Bad Clown Jumpsuit and Hairpieces. Kids are Chase for G3M and FWSA Willa for Teen Josie 8. The set is the wonderful Carnival Pack 1 Iray Add on for all the old carnival sets. Really amazing what they did with that.

Evil-Clown-HD_Llynara.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 1M

It has that Antique type look.  I like it. :)

Llynara said:

Here's another cover I'm working on. I like how it's coming out, though I worry it's too simple, like it's missing something. Not sure what else to add yet. 

Gotta laugh. I synced up my store with my FB page and Amazon rejected this cover because it violates their terms in some way. I disputed it, saying, "It's a romance novel cover!" 

We'll see what happens. Not all of my products will show up over there. I need to get a LOT more up, only have three right now. My bad! 

Really? I find that funny considering a few things about Hollywood and what not.

I think I understand what you are saying about something missing. Would adding a type of steam affect help?? It is a romance, steamy kind of thing. *shrugs* :)

• If I had to guess, I'd say it's his hand on her butt there. Even though she's fully clothed, Amazon seems to not like certain areas to be touched. It's just a guess though. I've some book covers on Amazon that are a lot more suggestive than yours on their site.

• Love the expression on that kids face! lol The romance cover is great!