For my fellow Animators using Mimic Live

Sorry if this has been discussed before
But I have seen people complain that Mimic Live plugin can not use pre-recorded audio making  it very difficult to use voice recordings from disparate/remote sources.

I just wanted to pass on that  indeed you can use pre recorded audio
from any source device the can output audio via a 3.5 mm jack
( ie your smartphone, Mp3 player,another computer/laptop)

One must simply purchase any reasonably priced two headed
3.5mm audio cable and output the audio from your playback device
to the mic line in of your PC that is running Daz studio while the mimic live record mode is on.

Happy animating

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up.

Now you give me ideas about virtual audio device... hmm how to route stereo mix to mic in...

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    Mythmaker said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Now you give me ideas about virtual audio device... hmm how to route stereo mix to mic in...

Hi in my workflow I am using an apple Mac for all of my animation Rendering,Audio engineering,Post FX and Film editing.

On the  win 7 PC side, All of my Character setup & animation is done with Iclone& Daz studio,Endorphin
    I have found that for accurate lipsinc, Daz studio on the PC prefers
    clean simple mono .wav files.

In fact, take a look at the sample mimic sound files that install for the basic default mimic plugin in the 32 bit Daz studio ,and you will see just such files.

while I do record nice high quality stereo versions of my characters dialog  on the Mac, I always save out a simple mono .wav versions to be used for the actual lipsinc session over on the PC

This mimic audio will obviously be replaced by the high quality stereo versions in the post production stage. 

Just make sure the sound  input settings on your PC are set to "mic"
    and disconnect any other sound device hardware.
    start the play back on your sound output device,
    ( My OSX mac running "sound studio pro in this case)
    and start your recording session in mimic live.

• Stereomix play a wav file works too

• wolf359 said:

But I have seen people complain that Mimic Live plugin can not use pre-recorded audio making  it very difficult to use voice recordings from disparate/remote sources.

to the mic line in of your PC that is running Daz studio while the mimic live record mode is on.

Happy animating

Does Mimic Live allow for editing the lip sync, like Mimic Pro did?

wolf359 said:

Happy animating

Regretably no sad
    Which is why I still use mimic pro
    as it workks for the genesis1,2 figures after you
     export them to poser Cr2 files.

Mimic Live does work fine with the genesis 3 figures
    but I remain largely with genesis 1, 2 for animation
    as I make my own  clothing  content for them with no need for 
    further support from the Daz  PA's

• wolf359 said:
    wolf359 said:

Regretably no sad

I swear, it's like they go out of their way to make animating in Daz as difficult as possible--why take a perfectly good product like Mimic, and rather than update and improve it, they actually remove critical functionality!

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I'll grab the opportunity to ask: Is Mimic Pro gone forever? I would like to buy it, but it doesn't exist in store anymore... Only Carrara version!

• That's a good question--maybe need to query Daz to see if you can get a copy. I don't think I could animate without it.

That's a good question--maybe need to query Daz to see if you can get a copy. I don't think I could animate without it.

Mimic pro 3.1 is still available from a Daz Authorized third party reseller
    but the link escapes me ATM.

Keep in mind that it depends on poser formated Cr2's to function
    Genesis 1,2 canexport to actul poser Cr2.
    G3,8 ...not really....  sad
     so if you are on the G3,G8 bandwagon, mimic pro is not
    a usable option in my experience.

• From my understanding the 32bit version of DS 4.8 had built-in lip sync using pre-recorded audio files. Someone in Daz CS told me this last year, I've never verified it though.

NSFW said:

From my understanding the 32bit version of DS 4.8 had built-in lip sync using pre-recorded audio files. Someone in Daz CS told me this last year, I've never verified it though.

Yes, DAZ 32bit has a built in LipSync plugin. Very good in its simplicity...

What I don't understand is why they can put it in 32bit version and not in the 64bit... They say it's copyright and permissions matter...

• Do you know if its possible to use the 32 bit version and 64 bit version concurrently with no problems, corruption of libraries, metadata, or anything like that?

Yes, both DAZ's version can be installed in the same time, just be sure they have separate installation folders.
    They will share the same library, so no need to have a duplicate!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited November 2017

you can still get the original mimic pro at www.toolfarm.com

it's a legit seller, authorized by DAZ - was around $50. Worth it to me - I also use Genesis 1 (almost only).

FWIW, if you use varied email addresses, give toolfarm your current DAZ email address and they should enable that product *here* at DAZ in the account with that email address, and it'll be available in your DAZ product library.

hope this info is still current. mimic pro is 32bit and somewhat dated, but still a really good tool for its intent.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

regarding lipsync (32b DS), it works fine to create the animations, you can save them, and load them in 64b without issue.

Many folks use both DS64 and DS32 at the same time for this and for things like scene creation and rendering at the same time, etc. (note that 32b doesn't do Iray). I've never heard of anyone having corruption issues. I would bet any interface changes (window resize, etc.) would be 'won' by the last session to shut down.

cheers,

--ms

mindsong said:

it's a legit seller, authorized by DAZ - was around $50. Worth it to me - I also use Genesis 1 (almost only).

FWIW, if you use varied email addresses, give toolfarm your current DAZ email address and they should enable that product *here* at DAZ in the account with that email address, and it'll be available in your DAZ product library.

hope this info is still current. mimic pro is 32bit and somewhat dated, but still a really good tool for its intent.

--ms

I checked that site and when I select "Pro Version" from drop list,  I see a glacial "MimicLive" statement in the price area... I guess it's not the Mimic Pro I need but just Mimic Live...

• Hello 

I had bought mimic lite and mimic live, however it didn't work in my daz 64. I install the application but it doesn't appear in the menu windows-forms

Where can I find any information?

thank you very much.

• You have to activate the plug-in by putting in your serial number. Under your account, you'll see an icon that says serial numbers, copy that serial number, then in DS go to the help tab and about installed plug-ins, and you'll see a place to put in the serial number. Then you'll need to restart DS and then open the mimic pane, and you're good to go.

• heisdaveheisdave Posts: 128

Hi, Im using Mimic Live and the timeline, I'm tring to render the gen8 charcter's animated speech. Mimic's inputs are set to the default. When I  speak into  the microphone I can see the character moving about and speaking in the viewport.

However when I record the results, then render the image series, then view the series as a video, its like only about 5% of the animation makes it to the video, the mouth hardly moves.  Has Anyone experience this or can venture a guess?

Thanks.

• mindsong said:

--ms

This was two years ago.  They don't appear to carry it any longer.