FA's 2017 Community Christmas Gifts

Oh my goodness December 1 is only 6 days away! It is trying to sneak up on us...LOL

Just came in to tell everyone the link to the Fantasy Attic Christmas Community Gift Page 2017 . Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and may your Christmases be equally or more enjoyable.

Be safe but have fun. Do come by daily starting December 1 for your gifts.

Our page this year is called "Christmas Dreaming"

Don't forget to tell everyone so they can get their prezzies too.

Comments

• Thank you very, very much.  Looking forward to this years goodies.

Cedarwolf

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow can not wait to see what kinda goodies i can snatch this year!!!devil

• Oh my goodness December 1 is only 6 days away! It is trying to sneak up on us...LOL

Just came in to tell everyone the link to the Fantasy Attic Christmas Community Gift Page 2017 . Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and may your Christmases be equally or more enjoyable.

Be safe but have fun. Do come by daily starting December 1 for your gifts.

Our page this year is called "Christmas Dreaming"

Don't forget to tell everyone so they can get their prezzies too.

This is an interesting event :o
    ​But.. Which license are those freebies ?
    ​I mean: Commercial or Personal renders with no content redistribution ... OR OTHER KIND OF LICENSE?

​Also, each day is there a new freebie, but.. this means, past days freebies can't be downloaded ? (If I miss one per example!)

​Thanks for future answer, I like this Xmas calendar idea :)

• AelinAelin Posts: 111

Hi!

Each participant chooses the way for his/her freebies. But generally they are ok to do commercial renders. They are not ok for redistribution.

Except for temporary freebies, all packs are available on the page for the duration of calendar, and a little more in January. Then they will be moved either on Attic Free Zone, or on Fantasies Realm Market.

Hoping that can help :)

• Aelin said:

Hi!

Each participant chooses the way for his/her freebies. But generally they are ok to do commercial renders. They are not ok for redistribution.

Except for temporary freebies, all packs are available on the page for the duration of calendar, and a little more in January. Then they will be moved either on Attic Free Zone, or on Fantasies Realm Market.

Hoping that can help :)

That helps!
    ​I hope they include a README-LICENSE.txt file with their freebies, as this we can quickly see which license is covered :)

Thanks for answers, have a nice day !

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2017

Incidentally, if there's an item in the calandar that has imbedded somewhere deep in its Readmes (but mentioned nowhere else in it) a restriction of the sort "This package cannot be used for the promotion of strangulation of cats or the drowning of dogs, or the promotion of whaling, or of sick things done with sheep...."  it'd be useful if that was mentioned up front on the page, so that some mythical user whos in the middle of making a web-comic about a murderous, amorous anthro-sheep space-whaler psychopath and enemy of cats and dogs can avoid downloading that archive.  :D

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • Incidentally, if there's an item in the calandar that has imbedded somewhere deep in its Readmes (but mentioned nowhere else in it) a restriction of the sort "This package cannot be used for the promotion of strangulation of cats or the drowning of dogs, or the promotion of whaling, or of sick things done with sheep...."  it'd be useful if that was mentioned up front on the page, so that some mythical user whos in the middle of making a web-comic about a murderous, amorous anthro-sheep space-whaler psychopath and enemy of cats and dogs can avoid downloading that archive.  :D

WTF ? ^^
    ​I only spoken about license (commercial renders or not) not the things you're talking about.. this is a bit sick as you said devil

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2017

Well, as it happens, there WAS a strange, out of left field restriction that WAS imbedded deep in the readmes of a couple of the items on the Halloween calandar, though.  It wasn't something as off the wall as THAT one, but it DID place thought-police restrictions on what the end user could do with the product.  It also wasn't identified up front, either.  So, yeah, crazy restrictions like that DO happen.

But you're right... 99.997% of the time, the restrictions are mainly going to be of the "Commercial use is OK" or "Non-commercial only" or "Unrestricted use but please credit me if you can" sort.  It's on the rare occasions when something off the wall like the one I mentioned earlier can come along to trip you up.... but its important to know about those ones, too, before download.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Well, as it happens, there WAS a strange, out of left field restriction that WAS imbedded deep in the readmes of a couple of the items on the Halloween calandar, though.  It wasn't something as off the wall as THAT one, but it DID place thought-police restrictions on what the end user could do with the product.  It also wasn't identified up front, either.  So, yeah, crazy restrictions like that DO happen.

But you're right... 99.997% of the time, the restrictions are mainly going to be of the "Commercial use is OK" or "Non-commercial only" or "Unrestricted use but please credit me if you can" sort.  It's on the rare occasions when something off the wall like the one I mentioned earlier can come along to trip you up.... but its important to know about those ones, too, before download.

That is a valid point though. I can imagine an athiest creating a Holiday freebie with the restriction it not be used for any religious imagery

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Many thanks to all the contributors and FantasyAttic!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thanks to all that sponcer these amazing freebies!!!

:) Today we are to the 9th freebie. They are always all online, but one of them will be free only until the end of month.

It's December 22, and today it's 2 freebies, not just one!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Thank You, really nice freebies there, I mean just wonderful. It means really a lot :)