Where are My Download Links

DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
edited September 2013 in The Commons

There seems to be a lot of confusion about where to find your download links for new or previous orders.

For all browsers, if your order is complete, the download links are accessible. You will need to click Product Library on your Account Page, there you can search for the product title, click on the product, you will be given the download links at that time. Thank you for your continued patience with the site changes. We are doing our best to make the order and download process easier for our customers. We apologize for any confusion during these updates. We do feel these updates will be a great help to our users. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

They might be a great improvement, but if no-one tells us they've happened or explains them, that opinion may change.

• edited April 2013

I'm currently not able to do any of trhe following in Product Library, i.e. these features do not appear to work:

1. Apply a Filter
    2. Change the sort order
    3. Select any other page than the one initially displayed, i.e. the first one in alphabetical order

I can however, select any of the items on the first page displayed and see the item breakdown. ...

CORRRECTION ... It only does not work in my install of MS IE9 ... It DOES work in Google Chrome ... Ho hum.

Post edited by markhendy_399c68b726 on
  • RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Yes - the new system is somewhat of an improvement, but it is still not as good as Taosoft's purchase browser and downloader was - unfortunately due to the changes made by DAZ - Taosoft downloader is no longer functioning and the author says he is not making an upgrade due to DAZ constantly changing their system. Too bad IMHO.

Now we are stuck with the DAZ downloader which is horrible for people who wish to archive files and not install them. Or we have to manually download using the new interface which adds several steps to each product and slows the process significantly compared to the previous system. Arrrrrgh!

• edited December 1969

I don't see the "improvement" part. My recent purchases are mooshed together with everything else (the sort on date does not work), and somehow DAZ seems to have managed to create even more confusion about which files go with which order and what it is all named (come on, I have to remember that the name started with "the" and look under TH? And V4 names are sorted before Victoria 4 names, which are sorted differently from Victoria 4.3 names?

I don't see anything that explains what a DIM download is, whether you need it, and which files are Mac (or PC) exclusive. Sometimes the DIM (Oh, I get it Daz Installation Manager. Wow, like I'm going to trust the folks who created "Product Library" to set up parts of my computer...) is the same size as some other file (the first EXE) and sometimes, well, not. Do they really think this is some sort of progress? And have they not heard of beta-testing?

It took me some time just to figure out that "Product Library" was where my purchases had been hidden. DAZ does understand that we are customers, right?

• DAZ_Bcreek1DAZ_Bcreek1 Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Here is some further information.

A few users have reported this error. Please try these things.

* Clear your browser's cache and cookies

* Make sure you have javascript turned on and that your browser accepts cookies from our site. Both are needed to use our site.

If you are still having this issue, please:

* Let us know the browser and version you are using.

* provide the html that you are getting for the page. You can do this in most browsers. For example, in Chrome, you can right-click on the page and left-click 'View Page Source.' Then copy and paste the code into a text file and attach the text file to your reply.

* Your computer platform (Windows or Mac), if you haven’t already told us in your support request.

edited December 1969

mickmca said:
    DAZ does understand that we are customers, right?

They used to. It was really a nice relationship. Starting about a year ago, it began to change. Currently I wonder myself whether they care about customers beyond giving lip-service and promoting their products. I do love their products, so I continue to shop here, but I'm not the happiest camper in the park.

• edited December 1969

I've been buying at DAZ since around 2002 (Vickie 1.0) and using Poser since V2 (in spite of the bizarre note that I've only posted here "5" times), and after my last PC membership expired a couple of years ago, I've seen a steady decline in my purchases and the usability of their web site. Things started to go haywire when they decided, around the Poser 5 debacle, to compete in tools instead of sticking to what they know. I shop about as often at Runtime DNA, and they've kept their eye on the ball. It's easy to look through old purchases, easy to pick up lost files, and there's no confusing proliferation of these confusing file names. No wondering if 99104DSON.exe is a V4 file, or remembering that The_Garden.exe is the product called Garden Tools in your orders list.

Daz has always been commercial under all the neighborly patina, and that's not a good thing. There's a difference between developing good things that people will buy and trying to cash in on the latest wave of enthusiasm (what movie will they rip off this week?). Maybe caring about quality for its own sake is sentimental, and regarding creativity as inventive rather than imitative, but there it is.

edited December 1969

LOL mickmca - your "Join Date" is the same as mine - AND it seems we agree on several things - maybe there is something astrological at work!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

That join date is the date that DAZ 3D started its forum.

edited December 1969

LOL - well THAT explains it! :)
    I was wondering why I had purchase orders going back several years before that.

• edited December 1969

mickmca said:
    I don't see the "improvement" part. My recent purchases are mooshed together with everything else (the sort on date does not work), and somehow DAZ seems to have managed to create even more confusion about which files go with which order and what it is all named (come on, I have to remember that the name started with "the" and look under TH? And V4 names are sorted before Victoria 4 names, which are sorted differently from Victoria 4.3 names?

I don't see anything that explains what a DIM download is, whether you need it, and which files are Mac (or PC) exclusive. Sometimes the DIM (Oh, I get it Daz Installation Manager. Wow, like I'm going to trust the folks who created "Product Library" to set up parts of my computer...) is the same size as some other file (the first EXE) and sometimes, well, not. Do they really think this is some sort of progress? And have they not heard of beta-testing?

It took me some time just to figure out that "Product Library" was where my purchases had been hidden. DAZ does understand that we are customers, right?

Please tell me what downloads I need for Poser! I used to like DS because I'm a Brycer and that connectivity was great. But when DAZ started changing DS on a daily basis, I got fed up - and the last thing I want to do is unistall then reinstall everything so I can use DIM!

edited December 1969

Nukeboy said:

Please tell me what downloads I need for Poser! I used to like DS because I'm a Brycer and that connectivity was great. But when DAZ started changing DS on a daily basis, I got fed up - and the last thing I want to do is unistall then reinstall everything so I can use DIM!

DAZ has changed their product numbering convention so many times that there is no single set of rules for installing what and where because it depends on how long ago the product files were last updated. Here are a few tips but which method you prefer is up to you.

This information is based on my experience, and I there might be exceptions.

For new products, downloading the "DIM" files from your account (but NOT using the DIM app) will usually give you a zip file that has everything required for both Poser and D|S. If you only want to use Poser then all you need is to merge the "runtime" folder in the DIM ZIP with the runtime you are using with Poser 6+. -- If you want to use D|S (with or without Poser) you generally need both the "content" folder and the "runtime" folder.

When a filename says "LEGACY" it usually means for older applications like D|S 3 and Poser 4 (Poser Artist) so is not required if you are using a relatively current application.

If you don't want to manually place the folders from the DIM ZIP file, then you need the *.exe files for Windows or the non-DIM ZIP files for Mac.

If an .exe file has a suffix that includes "_ds" then it is only required for Studio users.

As far as other rile name suffixes such as the difference between _dpc and _trx - I am not certain and I have heard several different descriptions. When in doubt, install everything LOL.

Good luck - hope this helps a little.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am actually downloading the DIM zips, unzipping them to a temp directory and then drag and dropping the runtime structure which is inside the content folder to whichever Runtime I want that particular product in.

Much the same was as I deal with zips from elsewhere. Anything that is left in the temp folder can then be deleted, so I have a clean temp folder for the next lot of purchases I make. I don't use the DIM, nor do I use DS, so don't want what is left.

edited December 1969

Yes, indeed! That's good advice :)
    \

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...arrrgh! I want "My Downloadable Products" back. This library thingie is a total pain in the bum.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...arrrgh! I want "My Downloadable Products" back. This library thingie is a total pain in the bum.

It's managed to eat a previous order of mine that had over 750 dollars worth of content. :blank:

Other than that, I love it.

• SmileyWitchFaerieSmileyWitchFaerie Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

mickmca said:

I have a suggestion for DAZ if they're still interested in keeping their customers satisfied ...... Put all the files in one install with different folders same as the other stores do and let the customer copy the content, DSon or runtime folder themselves to their choice of program . That would definitely stop the insane confusion they seem to have caused with downloads and installs.

• Jewel DesignsJewel Designs Posts: 1,467
    edited December 1969

My product library is not working. I cannot

Apply a Filter
    Change the sort order
    Select any other page other than the opening page which is in alphabetical order.

I do not use DIM, and I just purchased an item which I cannot now download as it does not appear on the first page. Please do not tell me to clear my cookies, etc. I have already done this.

Product library worked 2 days ago for me, but not now.

Is anyone else having this problem?

edited April 2013

Yes, hang on a moment and I will see if I can find a link to the thread where DAZ_Jon is talking about it.

OK here you go

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20770/P15/#306557

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

All this constant "improving" of things that previously worked well is a pain. Pity DAZ doesn't just put the links back in the emails as they were when DAZ switched to Magento.

Now, I can't even place an order. Which makes me question whether I really want to spend $40 to get $10 off ...

I too find the new Product Library slower to use. It was NOT an improvement to move all the download links off a download page and into separate product pages. It's more clicks to get to the download links, and the product pages load slower. DAZ web designers do know pages with images load slower?

I also find it confusing figuring out which files I need. Since I can't depend on D3DIM to actually list everything in an order and I can no longer use Taosoft's content downloader (which was superior to D3DIM), I've gone back to downloading from the browser.

Wasn't the new CEO hired about a year ago?

Kyoto Kid said:
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I'm having a problem with new system: when I go to the Product Library, the order number we get in the top corner of the product page is not always right. In particular all my M4 products have the wrong order number listed and lead lead to the wrong order page.
    It happens, I think, because some products are part of several bundles and products (like Michael 4 base and morphs++ I got additionally with Carrara). While I got M4 Morphs++ with Carrara, later, the initial purchase was different and much earlier.

I would greatly appreciate of you allow several order numbers to be listed if product is obtained from several sources.

• Jon LePewJon LePew Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

The product tabs don't work..................................and that kinda grinds my gears.

• wb1hbu_ffa22929c9wb1hbu_ffa22929c9 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I am having several problems with the product library.

On my previous order the "Club Dress" and "Little Black Dresses for Club Dress" do not show up in the right position on sort by Purchase Date. The other two products I ordered do show up. I had to filter on the word club for the products to show up. If I look at the download page for the two products, the order number and date are correct.

On today's order I get extra? files that are not marked properly on the "Girls of Summer" product for S5 as shown in the .png file.

Regards Eric

gosproblem.png
    640 x 531 - 246K
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

The new "Library" thing is a mixed bag for me.

On the one hand everything loads slowly, so that wastes time.
    I miss having the dates listed of when things were bought.
    I also wish you would let us get ONE long page rather than multiple pages.

On the other hand, I do like the big picture showing the product.
    It's also nice not to have to wait for a download.

• kjcollinskjcollins Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find newly-purchased content download links. Why make this so complicated. Every other 3D content site just has a link in your purchase order. But not at DAZ, where everything is made just as hard as possible to use.

edited December 1969

At least your product library works. I can't sort by date and I only get the first page. I bought an item yesterday and have no way to get to it to download it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Product library requires Javascript to work. If your browser has Java set to off it will not function.

edited December 1969

My javascript is turned on, I just updated to make sure I had the latest version, rebooted the computer, and sill the only working part of my product library is the first page, Cannot sort by date, cannot use filter, or choose any other page ro view. Hence, I am unable to dlownload my recent purchase. I am frustrated!!!

edited April 2013

DAZ_Jon has said in another thread that they are currently working on a fix for this, I did post earlier in this thread

chohole said:
    Yes, hang on a moment and I will see if I can find a link to the thread where DAZ_Jon is talking about it.

OK here you go

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20770/P15/#306557

Post edited by Chohole on
  • joergkjoergk Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

My javascript is turned on, I just updated to make sure I had the latest version, rebooted the computer, and sill the only working part of my product library is the first page, Cannot sort by date, cannot use filter, or choose any other page ro view. Hence, I am unable to dlownload my recent purchase. I am frustrated!!!

Delete all of DAZ's cookies in your browser. That solution worked for me two days ago.